I Need A Doctor Who Can Perform A U.S. Social Security Disability Exam

BigJohnson

With my medical contacts and knowledge being limited to emergency medicine, I desperately need some help in finding a doctor in Bangkok who is able to perform a U.S. Social Security Disability "Consultative Exam" and fill out very simple forms that are made up of mostly check boxes (you do not need to be a brain surgeon to fill them out). The doctor(s) need to be able perform a cursory mental and/or physical exam based upon the questions on the forms. Please read the "Background Info" below.

If anyone knows of a doctor(s) or needs more information, please leave me a post or private message me.

Thanks ahead of time to all that can help!

Background info:

This exam is needed for my daughter, who is severely disabled by a crippling disease in order to receive benefits for advanced treatments for her condition. Her current attending doctors refused to fill out the forms them out because they say they do not understand them. I was referred to two other doctors at the same hospital who agreed ahead of time to complete the forms. After several visits to them and about 50,000 baht later they are still refusing to fill out the forms. The doctors claim they need to run the exact same tests that were just done by original doctors at the hospital and of which they have records of. In other words, the doctors are just running up the bills and needless to say, none of them are no longer treating my daughter.

What I did with my (U.S.) employer's medical and workers comp claim forms was make a photocopy of the form(s) then completed the photocopy as I thought would be appropriate to encourage the claim to be approved.

Then I presented the blank form to my doctor, followed by my "suggested completion" copy and let the doctor decide what to do. In most cases, the doctor simply copied my suggestions verbatim, but occasionally reworded them slightly. I found that the strategy saved face for the doctor not knowing "how the system works" but not forcing him to complete the forms the way I suggested.