Md Minidisc To Mp3

bino

A friend of mine from upcountry has hit me with a rather unusual request. He is a musician and has all of his backing tracks on Sony Minidisc MDs. He wants to convert them all to MP3.

His MD player has no USB or computer interface, so would mean "playing" all of the minidiscs into the PC to convert them. This would be a very long process- as he says he has more than 100 MDs.

Does anyone know of a music studio or similar facility in Bangkok that could accomplish this for him?

Yes, we have looked at the DIY scenarios which might be the final solution for him. We have even talked about going as far as to upgrade the MD player to one with data connection so as to access the tracks as files instead of going the analog route and playing them all. I was surprised to see that Sony still makes an MD player / recorder, but they want silly money for it! $700 USD. Lots of other ones - used or factory refurbished - on Ebay for more reasonable prices.

However, he would like to find a place (if one exists) where he could just drop all of the MDs and have them done quickly and painlessly when he is next in Bangkok for a few days. If anyone knows a place like this, that would be great!