The Avenue - New Developments

cathy211

I hope the best for the Avenue, I like the lay-out but...The Avenue is located on the wrong side of 2nd Road. It is dangerous and tiring to stand on the opposite side of Avenue Complex and try to play "chicken who crossed the road" in order to get there. Tourists (who don't have cars) would find it easier to go to Royal Garden or Central.

• Like 1

I hope the best for the Avenue, I like the lay-out but...The Avenue is located on the wrong side of 2nd Road. It is dangerous and tiring to stand on the opposite side of Avenue Complex and try to play "chicken who crossed the road" in order to get there. Tourists (who don't have cars) would find it easier to go to Royal Garden or Central.

I know what you mean - its no fun - I sometimes stand there waiting for a gap in the traffic, looking up at those lights on poles that are flashing - in some other countries I've seen similar lights that often change to red ermm.gif

I know what you mean - its no fun - I sometimes stand there waiting for a gap in the traffic, looking up at those lights on poles that are flashing - in some other countries I've seen similar lights that often change to red ermm.gif

Normally, those poles have a button on them which if you push, causes the light to turn red....

Edited by Rimmer
profanity

Normally, those poles have a button on them which if you push, causes the light to turn red.... ...

Haven't seen any of the traffic lights on 2nd turn red in a while - have you ?

Just a rumor, but I've heard it will be lots of bars. Kinda like Nana Plaza in Bangkok. Just what we need....

From the signage and reports elsewhere I think they want a complex of non girly bars. Live music, beer gardens, nightclubs etc, maybe a few coyotes though.

They are installing wheelchair friendly walkways.

The roof in the centre area is behind schedule as the supplier mis-calculated with the size of the cut of the fabric and has gone back to the factory to fix.

Bottom floor will have a pool hall supposedly finished mid next month.

Level 2 where the old phone shops were have been leased and there will be 3 enclosed discos each with a different type of music.

The 3rd level - there is a 4th nightclub - for the Gay market.

Once centre roof is in there will be an open air stage and garden.

Villa is looking to flip the store and make the back which is storage and loading into the front with checkouts - WHY I HAVE NO IDEA.

All nightclub work is supposed to be competed by end of Nov

The traffic-lights for pedestrians in Pattaya (somewhat around 13 pieces of them) are being turned off during the weekend.

It seems (yes: seems) that they actually work from Mon-Fri.

I don't know exactly how many pedestrian lights there are in Pattaya, but it are a lot more han 13, and the majority is turned of 24/7.

Other than that there are a quiet a few junction traffic lights that never have been turned on, and in fact the traffic lights that are functional in Pattaya are ignored anyway.

The roof in the centre area is behind schedule as the supplier mis-calculated with the size of the cut of the fabric and has gone back to the factory to fix.

Isn't it so that that roof is something like almost 2 months behind schedule right now?

Quiet a long time to cut a piece of fabric,don't you think so?

Is there really a market for this kind of place? A new modern,sterile complex?? Just wondering...

The people who run Soho Square in Walking St are the ones behind the Ave nightclubs, so I guess they know their stuff - I hope :)

Edited by seadoo

3 discos on one floor... Sounds like a tough sell but I was on the baht bus and 3 Russians were heading off to a disco in North Pattaya. So I guess between Mixx, Insomnia, Abyzz, Lucifers (Walking Street) and North Pattaya there aren't any tourist focused discos. So if the place is marketed well, it could be a hit.

It could work, if and only if they get the girls to come or they target a certain market segment - Hip Hop, Arab, Ladyboy. Hard sell unless they kickback drink commissions to the girl from her drink and a cut from the guy's drink.

Wonder how they'll handle the parking situation? When CaWow gym was open, there was already a deficit. As a motorbike driver, I have never seen the upper indoor levels. Are they open to motorbikes too?

Sod the skating rink rumor then...haha.

That is not good news as when i come to Patts i often stay at the Pattaya Bay Resort just behind the Avenue . I am an early to bed ,early to rise type of fellow so three discos just across the Soi will spoil my fun.sad.png

The traffic-lights for pedestrians in Pattaya (somewhat around 13 pieces of them) are being turned off during the weekend.

I don't know exactly how many pedestrian lights there are in Pattaya, but it are a lot more han 13, and the majority is turned of 24/7.

Other than that there are a quiet a few junction traffic lights that never have been turned on, and in fact the traffic lights that are functional in Pattaya are ignored anyway.

Oh so true, yesterday while coming back from Jomtien one of these lights near Royal Garden turned red and I was the only one who stopped. Almost everyone else including a bus and several song taews raced through the lights. The pedestrians on the other side still had to play chicken to cross.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh so true, yesterday while coming back from Jomtien one of these lights near Royal Garden turned red and I was the only one who stopped. Almost everyone else including a bus and several song taews raced through the lights. The pedestrians on the other side still had to play chicken to cross.

I saw a couple try to cross at a set on beach rd when they turned red. They were pushing a baby & they came close to being run down. The drivers appeared to well aware of the young family & just keep going.

They should camera the junctions & send fines to the vehicle owners that maybe a way to stop cops spending half their time taking money from scooterists & actually force some people to moderate their driving standards

I think it's almost dangerous to stop at a red light because you know the people driving behind you won't stop. There's a chance they will drive into the back of you.

I dont even notice them any more, 1 time it turned red whilst I was driving and no one stopped on beach road. The setup of them crossing is awful, you have trees and banners overhanging everywhere and you just dont notice the lights.

Beach road is the only road I have seen padestrian lights go red.

I think it's almost dangerous to stop at a red light because you know the people driving behind you won't stop. There's a chance they will drive into the back of you.

I know what you mean, but I still try to stop. I don't think "but officer, nobody was stopping and I was worried about being rear ended" will help when you do injure a pedestrian.

I just try to slow down as I approach the lights and tough titties to the tailgaters behind.

I have stopped 100% of times and have never been hit behind.

We have got our fourth rear steel bumper on our Fortuner. Twice rear ended at traffic lights with the handbreak on and once when we stopped due to an accident in front of us! All in 12 months.

One guy admitted that he was texting on his phone and did not notice the traffic had stopped!

Thinking of getting some good motorway crash barrier welded on the back! Towbars seem to get them to back off a bit as well as they don't do the radiator much good!