Threatened By Thai At My Condo

beano2274

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife was told that the guys family want to speak to her, they chatted downstairs and at the end of the whole thing it was decided that the whole matter will be forgotten as it was a lack of understanding, the guys wife has suggested that we meet tomorrow when everyone has calmed down and he will apologise to me, and we will shake hands.

I really do not want to involve the Police as it brings hate and resentment into the equation.

Sounds like a perfectly sound plan, very Thai in detail, that will save face for one and all. Listen to your wife on this one, she is acting wisely.

and spoke to her about the illegal parking of more than one vehicle belonging to the same person

Did he take your parking space? If not, I can't understand your complaints.

I have to go out late to pick up my wife and when I come back there are no parking spaces, so I make sure that people are aware so that they have time to tell the owners to move them so as we and others do not have to park on the road.

• Like 1

and spoke to her about the illegal parking of more than one vehicle belonging to the same person

Did he take your parking space? If not, I can't understand your complaints.

I have to go out late to pick up my wife and when I come back there are no parking spaces, so I make sure that people are aware so that they have time to tell the owners to move them so as we and others do not have to park on the road.

Perfectly reasonable.

There are rules at my condo too.

No Dogs - Loads of people have dogs

No alcohol in the outside areas - There are always people drinking beer/whiskey

No smoking in the outside areas - Smokers always

I dont go grassing people up everytime i see someone breaking the rules and neither does anyone else for the matter, if you did you would become extremely unpopular very quickly

Must be a dump by now then if theres no enforcement?
  • Like 1

It must be a harrowing experience for you.

Sorry but I couldn't help laughing about the part where you said he slapped your hands twice. I bet it wasn't that funny when it happened.

I hope there is a camera which recorded him with his baseball bat.

if he had slapped my hands twice I would have slapped his face for him. However, no point with cameras. Thai v Farang - anyone seeing the tape would accuse the farang of something or other and extort money out of him.

Unless your wife has three high ranking policemen as brothers, ofcoursewhistling.gif

am waiting for the usual, Learn Thai thing.....

My wife has decided that she will come home early from work and that she will inform the police and take the office girl with her as a witness.

This is a good move.

To be honest, some of these Thais (males particularly) are really vengeful. Many years ago I had one young male Thai follow me off the bus, cross the road and up a street for about 150m. I happened to catch him following me out the corner of my eye, so knowing the area well, I gave him the slip, doubled round and took a slightly different route home. The last thing I was gonna do is let this freakin' weirdo find out where I lived.

Clearly, in my case, he intended to find out where I lived and ambush me one day when my guard was down. I wasn't scared of the guy, physically, I could have easily wrung his neck, but I want a peaceful life. I'm not gonna let some toe-rag create problems for me.

Are they intent on doing you harm?....you better believe it!

Trouble is this guy knows where you live..you're sh*t luck. I'd suggest you do whatever it takes to let all and sundry know the situation; therefore, if/when something happens, they won't have to look far. Personally, if you're renting...move and get out. Why? cause while he's there...there'll be no happy ending to this. Mark my words.

• Like 1

Meet with him tomorrow, let him apologise and then when hands have been shaken calmly ask your wife to ask him to explain exactly why he behaved like he did maintaining eye contact and watch him squirm. If he tries to turn it round to make out it was your fault which will undoubtably do ask him why he apologised if it wasnt his fault. Make sure you smile and look friendly while this happens. He wont dare come near you again and all it would have taken is a few choice words.

Just get the bat off him and smack him one.

Do you really think Thais are untouchable by the law or invincible...?

Man up....

Being that you asked...er...generally, yes I do!

Look at the options: so he hits the Thai clown and then what? Maybe the low life Thai will shake hands and say "let by gones be by gones" (or words to that effect). Go to the cops and complain about a Thai over a parking space...cops would ignore. OR secretly "remove the problem" and the cops would make a bee-line straight to the westerners door. When the chips are really down, he can rely only on his wife and in a case of him striking the Thai she wouldn't be any help (legal wise). OK so we're left with self defence. The westerner is gonna have to provoke the Thai into strikeing first in order to have a chance of pleading self defence.

Here in Thailand, the only time I've ever seen a Thai get justice delt out to them is when they've killed a westerner who is reasonably well connected, or their family abroad moves heaven and earth to get things moving. And, even then, the only reason the authorities here do something is because the matter ends up becoming "bad for business"

• Like 1

Just get the bat off him and smack him one.

Do you really think Thais are untouchable by the law or invincible...?

Man up....

Sounds like another specky geek pretending to be a hard-man online.

Sounds like sound advice to me. I've heard all these 'oooh dont ever get into a confrontation with a Thai' crap and have given more than one a good going over when they've deserved it and they've always regretted crossing me.

• Like 1

The bottom line is that if he backs off, he's going to be walked all over by any prat.

Jphnniey, I have been here a sight longer than you, have a WP, and don't have to grub around TEFL schools to be near the hookers

The fact that I am bespectacled and like Dr Who has nothing to do with it...

Edited by HeavyDrinker
  • Like 1

This post just highlights how feeble many people are when it comes to dealing with Thais.

Pathetic.

Not quite, reading some posts here makes more clear why SOME Thais dislike ALL the foreigners... Personally i find pathetic the people who must resort to violence to " feel like a man ".whistling.gif

• Like 1

This post just highlights how feeble many people are when it comes to dealing with Thais.

Pathetic.

Not quite, reading some posts here makes more clear why SOME Thais dislike ALL the foreigners... Personally i find pathetic the people who must resort to violence to " feel like a man ".whistling.gif

You mean like the Thai man did to the OP in this incident?

Not quite, reading some posts here makes more clear why SOME Thais dislike ALL the foreigners.

Where do you get that ridiculous info from...?

You've been reading too much stickman.

He has a point. I have heard of many examples of ignorant xenophobia stemming from the local inhabitants of this fine country.

Not quite, reading some posts here makes more clear why SOME Thais dislike ALL the foreigners.

He has a point. I have heard of many examples of ignorant xenophobia stemming from the local inhabitants of this fine country.

I think you meant to post that on UKVisa; or is it a circular that you've been posting all over the world?

SC

I think you meant to post that on UKVisa; or is it a circular that you've been posting all over the world?

SC

You tink too mut.

SC

You tink too mut.

In my experience, 'you tink too mut' is a euphemism for "I've been rumbled".

SC

• Like 1