Scottishly Football

The Imam's on at me to brave the sands of Tannadice to bring you commentary of the derby to end all derbies, as United entertain their cross-city rivals this coming Sunday

Sunday 19th August 2012 Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League Fixture Kick-off Status

Dundee Utd V Dundee 12:45

Having missed the Glorious 12th, though, I have plenty to grouse about

Sun 12 Aug 2012 - Scottish Premier League

Let's hope there were more shots on target on the moors

SC

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sat 11 Aug 2012 - Scottish Third Division

• Peterhead 2 - 2 Rangers FT
  • Berwick 0 - 0 Elgin FT
  • East Stirling 0 - 2 Queens Park FT
  • Montrose 2 - 3 Clyde FT
  • Stirling 5 - 1 Annan Athletic FT

I'm thinking of switching my allegience to Rangers, in the hope that they beat Glasgow again the next time they travel South of the border.

SC

AhthotL'erpool were yer English team, Cowboy. Ye're a fickletrater, so y'are

RIBB

Sat 11 Aug 2012 - Scottish Third Division

• Peterhead 2 - 2 Rangers FT
  • Berwick 0 - 0 Elgin FT
  • East Stirling 0 - 2 Queens Park FT
  • Montrose 2 - 3 Clyde FT
  • Stirling 5 - 1 Annan Athletic FT

I'm thinking of switching my allegience to Rangers, in the hope that they beat Glasgow again the next time they travel South of the border.

SC

AhthotL'erpool were yer English team, Cowboy. Ye're a fickletrater, so y'are

RIBB

Glasgow beat East Stirling 5 - 1 to go top of the table, while Berwick slump to a 3-2 defeat at Annan. But at the pinnacle of Scottishly football tomorrow, Dundee Utd travel across the city to Dens Park. I don't think the Imam was able to get a ticket...

SC

And next week, if they can get their passports sorted in time, Glasgow will travel over the border for their first clash of the season with the mighty Rangers of Berwick. To avoid a clash with the Carnegie Challenge Cup, this game is being played on Sunday, though I am not sure which channel Astro will be showing it on.

SC

EDIT: And fortunately I've managed to set up a social engagement to clash with the big game from Dens' Park this evening, so I won't need to be donning my dishdasha to go across the road for the Dundee derby.

I'm getting all a-muddle here; the derby game's in the deserts of the terraces of Tannadice, not Den's Park at all. Goes to show how little I know...

Edited by StreetCowboy

A solid 4-2 win for my team....as an aside can you spell Dalry phonetically for me lest I end up looking like a tourist...

I found the Dalry swimming baths today...a fine example of Victorian architecture it is....and the Athletic Arms is intact...I forgot its on Angle Park Terrace...not Dalry Road.

As you would say "the perils of 80/"....

A solid 4-2 win for my team....as an aside can you spell Dalry phonetically for me lest I end up looking like a tourist...

I found the Dalry swimming baths today...a fine example of Victorian architecture it is....and the Athletic Arms is intact...I forgot its on Angle Park Terrace...not Dalry Road.

As you would say "the perils of 80/"....

Sorry, Smokie, I don't speak Gorgie.

Its on the corner of Angle Park and Ardmillan, isn't it?

SC

Dae lookatme,man; AhdaespeakGorgie. Keepyerheiddoon,gityerscarfaff roondtwacorners and yer safe in Diggers. So long as yer no wearing yerdishdasha,like. And if ye huv tae pray, turn discreetly tae Mecca an' just mumble. Its easy te mind the direction, there's a bingo hall just up at Fountainbridge. Gratenews fi' the dunes ae' Tannadice, bytheway, boys. 3-0 United.

WHAT ... no gloting about the Scots receint 3-1 win over the Aussies here

That '1' in the '3-1' scoreline was magic though ... clap2.gif

No doubt we might struggle in Australian Rules, though, and maybe even League...

EDIT: Unfortunately, I think it's New Zealand we will meet if we get through to the Quarter Finals of the world cup next year

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

Did you go to the game against Liverpool, earlier in the week, Smokie?

Today's big fixture,Glasgow playing overseas against Berwick; Glasgow seem to be coping OK with 3rd Division football

SC

Glasgow seem to be coping with Division 3 OK, managing a draw at Shielfield Park against Berwick Rangers,which sees them in fourth spot in the league, while Berwick Rangers climb off the bottom.

SC.

Did you go to the game against Liverpool, earlier in the week, Smokie?

Today's big fixture,Glasgow playing overseas against Berwick; Glasgow seem to be coping OK with 3rd Division football

SC

Glasgow seem to be coping with Division 3 OK, managing a draw at Shielfield Park against Berwick Rangers,which sees them in fourth spot in the league, while Berwick Rangers climb off the bottom.

SC.

Seems fair enough. He looked like he was held back by the weight of expectation.

It could be said, the boy that put it away held back in subservience for a few pounds and a place to hide . I say he scored a cracker !

Seems fair enough. He looked like he was held back by the weight of expectation.

It could be said, the boy that put it away held back in subservience for a few pounds and a place to hide . I say he scored a cracker !

It really was a great goal. I assume that the referee was texting his wife to say he'd be home soon, and missed it, and was just speculating on what might have just taken place. Imagine if they'd had a video referee, with someone like Steve Ganson in the box? But it's no good speculating...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/278791-live-rugby-league/page__view__findpost__p__4673156

SC

• 2 weeks later...

Rangers of Glasgow held on to fourth spot in the Division with a 0 - 0 draw in front of a record crowd on the artificial pitch at Annan's Galabank stadium

Elsewhere, Berwick Rangers were soundly beaten 3-1 at Montrose, bringing the two teams level on points. Even a victory when Montrose travel to Glasgow next Sunday will still leave them a point behind Rangers in 6th place at best. Still all to play for, at the bottom of Scottishly football...

SC

Rangers of Glasgow held on to fourth spot in the Division with a 0 - 0 draw in front of a record crowd on the artificial pitch at Annan's Galabank stadium

Elsewhere, Berwick Rangers were soundly beaten 3-1 at Montrose, bringing the two teams level on points. Even a victory when Montrose travel to Glasgow next Sunday will still leave them a point behind Rangers in 6th place at best. Still all to play for, at the bottom of Scottishly football...

SC

At the very least the Glasgow fans will be having fun at these away games . I hope it brings out the better support and provides a chance for some Glaswegians to see the country , try the fish suppers and pies .I might even go and see them against Partick Thistle in few years even if some say the grassroots is always greener on the other side .

edit - what's the odds the punters are making a killing , reminds of my old dad with his score draw coupon.

Edited by onionluke

SC

At the very least the Glasgow fans will be having fun at these away games . I hope it brings out the better support and provides a chance for some Glaswegians to see the country , try the fish suppers and pies .I might even go and see them against Partick Thistle in few years even if some say the grassroots is always greener on the other side .

edit - what's the odds the punters are making a killing , reminds of my old dad with his score draw coupon.

I think the previous week, te Premier League had all seven games draws.

I imagine the bookmakers made a call to the referee at the Berwick match...

So you reckon they'll get promoted? I don't know how they'll cope against the likes of Partick. There's a big difference between 3rd and 1st.

SC

SC

I think the previous week, te Premier League had all seven games draws.

I imagine the bookmakers made a call to the referee at the Berwick match...

So you reckon they'll get promoted? I don't know how they'll cope against the likes of Partick. There's a big difference between 3rd and 1st.

SC

I reckon the wrecking crew will hit number one in that year .

I swear by a deity of your own choosing you might have something there . So in a secretive way , nay enigmatic fashion can a chap chart ahead and divine the score in 2024 ?

http://youtu.be/oSRTv11mXi0

Why all this lower division nonsense?

You do realise Arbroath beat East Fife 2-0 on Saturday? smile.png

It's the international aspect of the third division that's so intriguing.

And also, now my mother's moved down the road a bit, Berwick's the closest team, apart from Edinburgh City, Hibs, Hearts and some of the Fife teams.

In the clash of the divisions this evening, Queen of the South travel to Glasgow; although they're playing opposition from a lower division, Ibrox is known for its partisan and vocal support, and the boys from Dumfries are preparing for a battle "our plan has to be to defend from the front", said player-manager Allan Johnston

SC

Congratulations, by the way.

Edited by StreetCowboy

A half-full stadium saw Glasgow Rangers come within an ace of overcoming second division leaders, but a Robinson save and some quisling Ibrox woodwork saw Queen of the South triumphant 2-2 and 3-2 on penalties.

QoS join Arbroath, Partick Thistle and Cowdenbeath in the semi-final draw for the Ramsden Cup, the competition for clubs outside the top flight.

SC

Rangers pulled ahead of the pack with a 4-1 win over Montrose at home in Ibrox. It looks like it may develop into a two-horse race with their oldest rivals, Queen's Park. Will professionalism be the cutting edge for Rangers in securing promotion to the second division?

SC

Rangers pulled ahead of the pack with a 4-1 win over Montrose at home in Ibrox. It looks like it may develop into a two-horse race with their oldest rivals, Queen's Park. Will professionalism be the cutting edge for Rangers in securing promotion to the second division?

SC

whistling.gif

post-62606-0-37374500-1348445611_thumb.j