Draughtsman/Architect/Engineer Wanted

travelmann

Anyone have any recommendations avoiding stupid farang prices and overpriced ie 300000 baht prices when I know it will be in the region of 50-60k baht, house of 360m2.

Have already got 100% drawn up what i want inc room sizes layout etc but need it drawn correctly and an engineer to check it all.

Price to build will be in the 4-5 million ballpark.

Thx in advance pm if necessary or just post it up

Try your local amphor office, they are the ones who will give the planning permission.

You are correct about the prices, where I am the going rate is between 30 and 50k depending on house design and size.

The beauty of your local offices is they also know local conditions, eg piles

Try your local amphor office, they are the ones who will give the planning permission.

You are correct about the prices, where I am the going rate is between 30 and 50k depending on house design and size.

The beauty of your local offices is they also know local conditions, eg piles

Thanks I know about this but am looking hopefully for an English speaker as the wife already has enough on her plate with work and I dont want to lumber her with more.

Apparently there is some home expo on in BKK which she will go to for more info/contacts.

Where I live requires no building permissions at all, literally just build what you want. Already done one house on site but did the drawings myself, the second house is more complicated though and I need help with it.

So if anyone out there knows anyone let me know ta

Every city of any size has several Thai LICENSED Architects. Buriram City has six architects with offices, some large, some small and they all charge for house plans based on the SIZE in square meters of your building. Prices vary, but it can be very inexpensive for custom plans, which also have a licensed structural engineer and draftsman all sign prior to submission to the proper "Permit to Build Office". Same plans can be given to the village official to be signed off on. The price for the LEGAL permit to build is as follows, and once you have that signed "permit to build" getting a house number, getting PERMANENT UTILITIES, is way way easier and no chance of corruption, You can obtain "free house plans" at any HomeMart and most any "Permit to Build" office. Great house plans for many Thai people. Door heights might not suit all Farang on those free house plans.

How is the fee for a building permit calculated?

How is the fee for a building permit calculated? It seems that no one can explain the process. Can someone from a local administration organization (OrBorTor) or legal advisers explain it? Pat, Rawai Friday, January 13, 2012 2:48:17 PM

“The building permit document itself incurs a 20-baht fee and there are other fees for inspection, depending on what the building permit is for.

The inspection fee for a building of no more than two storeys or of a height up to 12 meters is 0.5 baht (50 satang) per square meter of the total building area, combining the areas of each storey if there are more than one.

For structures of two or three stories, or between 12 and 15 meters tall – the fee is 2 baht per square meter of total building area, combining the areas of each storey.

For structures of more than three stories or of heights over 15 meters, the fee is four baht per square meter of total building area, again combining the areas of each storey.

The fees I have given here are the inspection fees for new buildings only. There are different rates used for other aspects of building permits, such as in renovating a property, not building a new one.

These rates are listed in the building permit fee section in the Interior Ministry’s Ministerial Regulation Notice 7 issued in BE 2528 (1985), which updates the Building Control Act BE 2522 (1979).

A copy is available for download from the Thai Council of Engineers website at www. coe.or.th/co15law/act_control/building/L%2007.pdf

You can also visit Rawai Municipality for further information.” Friday, January 13, 2012 2:48:17 PM Mayuree Srichuay, an officer at Rawai Municipality’s Public Works Division.

Every city of any size has several Thai LICENSED Architects. Buriram City has six architects with offices, some large, some small and they all charge for house plans based on the SIZE in square meters of your building. Prices vary, but it can be very inexpensive for custom plans, which also have a licensed structural engineer and draftsman all sign prior to submission to the proper "Permit to Build Office". Same plans can be given to the village official to be signed off on. The price for the LEGAL permit to build is as follows, and once you have that signed "permit to build" getting a house number, getting PERMANENT UTILITIES, is way way easier and no chance of corruption, You can obtain "free house plans" at any HomeMart and most any "Permit to Build" office. Great house plans for many Thai people. Door heights might not suit all Farang on those free house plans.

How is the fee for a building permit calculated?

How is the fee for a building permit calculated? It seems that no one can explain the process. Can someone from a local administration organization (OrBorTor) or legal advisers explain it? Pat, Rawai Friday, January 13, 2012 2:48:17 PM

“The building permit document itself incurs a 20-baht fee and there are other fees for inspection, depending on what the building permit is for.

The inspection fee for a building of no more than two storeys or of a height up to 12 meters is 0.5 baht (50 satang) per square meter of the total building area, combining the areas of each storey if there are more than one.

For structures of two or three stories, or between 12 and 15 meters tall – the fee is 2 baht per square meter of total building area, combining the areas of each storey.

For structures of more than three stories or of heights over 15 meters, the fee is four baht per square meter of total building area, again combining the areas of each storey.

The fees I have given here are the inspection fees for new buildings only. There are different rates used for other aspects of building permits, such as in renovating a property, not building a new one.

These rates are listed in the building permit fee section in the Interior Ministry’s Ministerial Regulation Notice 7 issued in BE 2528 (1985), which updates the Building Control Act BE 2522 (1979).

A copy is available for download from the Thai Council of Engineers website at www. coe.or.th/co15law/act_control/building/L%2007.pdf

You can also visit Rawai Municipality for further information.” Friday, January 13, 2012 2:48:17 PM Mayuree Srichuay, an officer at Rawai Municipality’s Public Works Division.

Thanks for your detailed response, I dont need any permits to build confirmed with the local headman and land office as more than 4km from main road.

The name on the "permit to build" is the one person who OWNS the house. The "permit to build" is important if you would like to avoid paying bribes for water service, electrical service, for a house number, etc.. That 150 baht might be a worthwhile investment of your time and money. The signed building plans and actual "permit to build" come into play if you ever make a house insurance claim. That is PROOF of what legal size your house is (was in the event of total loss) and it leaves the house insurance company no "wiggle room". You do not "need" a Thai drivers license, but it is worth the effort. The "permit to build" cost far less than 12 years of a Thai auto Drivers license. As the Thai village people say "up to you". Good luck on your electrical hookup being that far away from the main Government road. Hopefully the existing village electrical supply will serve your household needs.

The name on the "permit to build" is the one person who OWNS the house. The "permit to build" is important if you would like to avoid paying bribes for water service, electrical service, for a house number, etc.. That 150 baht might be a worthwhile investment of your time and money. The signed building plans and actual "permit to build" come into play if you ever make a house insurance claim. That is PROOF of what legal size your house is (was in the event of total loss) and it leaves the house insurance company no "wiggle room". You do not "need" a Thai drivers license, but it is worth the effort. The "permit to build" cost far less than 12 years of a Thai auto Drivers license. As the Thai village people say "up to you". Good luck on your electrical hookup being that far away from the main Government road. Hopefully the existing village electrical supply will serve your household needs.

Thanks but it was no problem to get electric on or water and we also buried some 16mm nyy electric cable underground, heres a photo of the cable.

No plans or permits necessary at all and we checked. Ive paid the electric bill 3 times already and same with the water.

The supply of electric is more than adequate heres the poles and we are first off the transformer, only about 10 houses in the village and we are about 1 km from them all heres the posts right next to our land

post-113733-0-95949800-1345198736_thumb.

Edited by travelmann