No Tickets For First-Time Minor Traffic Violators: Thailand

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after people realize they can lie and say its their first offense, they will start breaking the law more blatantly and the new rules will become counter productive. Another case of good intentions but poor thinking.

What are you on about, everyone knows that Thais don't lie. tongue.png

Motorists will be let off with verbal warnings for driving newly purchased vehicles with red license plates, which are not allowed on roads after dark. Enforcement of the red-plate law is being relaxed because the Land Transport Department is having problems supplying new plates, Worrasak said.

This idiotic concept of a vehicle with a red plate only allowed to be driven between 6am and 6pm is so Thailand. Lets see, you have been driving for 30 years and you bought a new Mercedes and you're driving it after 6pm so you get pulled over and receive an opportunity to support your local BiB. But lets say you just received your very first drivers license, you can drive any time you like. Sure sound moronic to me.

Twelve serious traffic offences will result in immediate fines: racing, speeding, dangerous overtaking, drunken driving, driving the wrong way on one-way streets, not wearing safety helmets, double parking, no license plates, excessively black fumes, parking violations, parking on sidewalks, and driving or riding on sidewalks.

Seriously, excessive black fumes? Who determines what is excessive? Seems to me they should be pulling old diesel vehicles over constantly but I have never seen it happen. And what about all the vehicles with faulty lights? I followed a pickup truck yesterday that had NO tail lights, none, no bulbs and no lenses. I see a lot of taxis, commercial trucks and motorcycles without running lights. Seems to me that is a serious violation, of stupidity, if not the law.

The RED Plate law has always been in force to my knowledge for the 10 yrs I have been here.

You can't drive the vehicle from 6PM to 6AM. I was informed by ISUZU some 7 yrs ago when I purchased my car from them. They also informed me that the Red Plates belong to the dealership and the vehicle would not be covered for insurance if you had an accident outside those hours.

The plates were supplied by them until the new plates arrived.

Currently the dealerships can't supply the Red Plates as they have ran out of them due to demand for new cars. And there is a hold up with the manufacturing of the new rego plates for the cars. However they are supplying the Rego Sticker and giving you a piece of paper supplied by the Transport Department, which stats that the owner of the vehicle has no plates on the vehicle due to this hold up/supply demand and is allowed to drive the vehicle without the rego plates. This paper and the insurance papers must be carried in the car at all times.

Does that include the motorcycle taxi mafia? whistling.gif How many times have I had to quickly move out of the way of an incoming motocyc? Count count that high. sad.png

Edited by metisdead
: Oversize font reset to default forum font.

How much would you have to pay the cops to get your second offence booked as a minor first offence? Shall we turn off the 'highly advanced' pen camera officer?

Just think about the size and maintenance of the needed database to separate first from second offenders! Very ingenious plan indeed!

my best guess ? As much as usual.

BEWARE! BRIBING a Policeman in Thailand is a serious offence! and those

practising will one day get themselves in trouble.

You also have the option to pay the fine and pick up your license.

Would have also thought it against TV rules to advise people to break the law.

Motorists will be let off with verbal warnings for driving newly purchased vehicles with red license plates, which are not allowed on roads after dark.

Twelve serious traffic offences will result in immediate fines: racing, speeding, dangerous overtaking, drunken driving, driving the wrong way on one-way streets, not wearing safety helmets, double parking, no license plates, excessively black fumes, parking violations, parking on sidewalks, and driving or riding on sidewalks.

wai.gif

What about killing somebody while checking facebook using a tablet from China?

No Tickets For First-Time Minor Traffic Violators: Thailand

From two years ago

"When two traffic officers in Scotland were running speed checks, little did they know, they could have caused a major security incident.

The two traffic officers - using a hand held radar speed checking device, were shocked to see a recorded speed of over 300 mph for an approaching vehicle. The radar device promptly stopped working and the traffic officers could not manage to re-set it.

Radar Device Picks Up NATO Fighter Jet

It turned out that the police radar "gun" had locked on to a NATO tornado fighter jet, which had been engaged in low flying exercises over the North Sea. The local Chief Constable immediately complained to the RAF liaison officials and received the following reply:

"Thank you for your message, which allows us to complete our file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Tornado had automatically locked on to your 'hostile radar equipment' and sent a jamming signal back to it. Furthermore, the Sidewinder air-to-ground missiles aboard the fully-armed aircraft had also locked on to the target. Fortunately the Dutch pilot flying the Tornado responded to the missile status alert intelligently and was able to override the automatic protection system before the missile was launched.""

http://www.nopenalty...ing-ticket.html

Edited by rubl

verbal warnings for riding with Red plates of Dark, idiots cannot make the white ones so verbal warnings given, how about sackings for cheif of land transport office for no number plates. I have been told at least 3 months for white plates. In UK any shop can make in 10 minutes as long as log book and ID are shown when purchasing. Buts they way to simple for these knumb nuts.

Edited by marstons