Ehhiad Trip To/From The Uk.

Gladiator

Thanks for comments back. I do not want to be unfair to Etihad and I hope they become competitive again in the future.As for LHR London Heathow, whatever Terminal, A to Z. Just avoid the whole place! Much more pleasant flying from Birmingham or Manchester. Worth the trip up-country a tad unless, of course, you are in the South then perhaps not feasible.
I prefzr to fly to Amsterdam and on from there.Great airport! smile.png

+1

Edited by blowin

I flew MNC - BKK last year with Etihad, and thought they were excellent....good seats, cabin crew efficient and friendly..... absolutely no complaints at all.

I have just returned from a flight with Qatar (same route) and found them good too, especially as I got a free upgrade to one of those nice lie-down thingies. The buses at Doha were a bit of an inconvenience, but nothing that would put me off using them again.

Both of these airlines beat the dorect flight with BA, which I found desperatly boring. Also, they both avoid having to use LHR, which is a major bonus.

I'm flying business class this time which is a first for me and I'm hoping it will be a good experience.

I fly Etihad business class 2x year and have no complaints whatsoever

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Thaivisa Connect App

shame their pilots do not think the same! Read pprune oops you can't litigation or the threat of it has created a ban on posting anything about them.

Everyone to their own!business class seats crash with rest of the airplane

Thanks for comments back. I do not want to be unfair to Etihad and I hope they become competitive again in the future.

As for LHR London Heathow, whatever Terminal, A to Z. Just avoid the whole place! Much more pleasant flying from Birmingham or Manchester. Worth the trip up-country a tad unless, of course, you are in the South then perhaps not feasible.

I prefzr to fly to Amsterdam and on from there.

Great airport! smile.png

Agree about Amsterdam Airport...great and the way things are going it will soon become Londons Hub.

Government are still taking about possible building a new "wee: extra runway at the Heath but will decide after the next election...dear dear.

The FAA predict world travel /freight will DOUBLE in the next 20 years so we really need a lttle extra ...???

Ref Etihad ...very good

We both have Silver cards which lets us use the Lounges at T4 ...dee mak...also Abu D and Thai at Suwanna.

Only problem that I have had is with their guest services...they just dont respond.. they reinstated some milage when I complained and promply took it away again...been going on for almost a year...crazy.

The planes,service/staff are fine and always found them most helpful and yes they still do the hot choci muffins/applecakes....but too sweet for me....rather have a Heineken

i f lew from manchester to bangkok on cruches , i was taken to business lounge in dubai, wheelchair taken away along with crutches, left there no body came back for me as promised, missed my flight thewy left me in the lounge for 22 hours , when i complained i was told up to you to get to the gate. Eithad for me .

Opposite for me. I have my own crutch which has never left my sight. Wheelchair pickup on the airbridge to a golfcart if the gate is open or Silver lounge if not. If it is going to be a while then the 'help' wonders off but not before stating when he will be back which has always been done. Left with the wheelchair to roll about as I wish. This is airport service rather than airline and the only airport I have found over the years to be better is BKK.

Maprao what ever you are on has addled your brain why do you talk about planes crashing, also etihad have a lot of new (excellent) airbuses in their fleet, only a few boeing, "doh"

This always makes me laugh. I was peeking into the BA forum over on flyertalk this morning and those sycophants are discussing how safe they feel on a BA plane.

Yes...you will be safe on every plane you fly on until one crashes lol. Idiots! laugh.png

Maprao what ever you are on has addled your brain why do you talk about planes crashing, also etihad have a lot of new (excellent) airbuses in their fleet, only a few boeing, "doh" (Try looking at their ethos (added by Maprao)))

My comments are to be taken without prejudice and are my opinion based on;

Look at the post below my first post and the airbus aircraft are acknowledged. Being a licensed Aircraft Engineer who teaches EASA "Human Factors" as a consultant as well as being employed full time. I have first hand knowledge.

It is not about their aircraft other than they stay in the air because they are new and very very reliable. A testament to the engineers and manufacturers not the airline.

People are all different and entitled to opinions. I use my experience and first hand knowledge to avoid them. I have not singled them out alone. I avoid Korean and many other airlines.You however are free to ignore my opinion and continue to use them.

Edited by maprao

• 2 months later...

We are booked out with Eti at the end of the month and as usual looking forward to it.

Wife is even happier because we have been told that we can now check in 40 Kgms ..each.. plus hand baggage...ouch ...she will manage the ton.....got Silver cards.

This also gives us access to the lounges at T4 which is excellent plus Abu D and on r/t flight the Thai airways Royal Orchid...

.....G&T please and a Heinee avec nam keng...sanuk

We are booked out with Eti at the end of the month and as usual looking forward to it.

Wife is even happier because we have been told that we can now check in 40 Kgms ..each.. plus hand baggage...ouch ...she will manage the ton.....got Silver cards.

This also gives us access to the lounges at T4 which is excellent plus Abu D and on r/t flight the Thai airways Royal Orchid...

.....G&T please and a Heinee avec nam keng...sanuk

"...on r/t flight the Thai airways Royal Orchid." Are you travelling London/BKK/London or BKK/LHR/BKK? Looks like the former and if so I wonder if Etihad silver card allows access to Thai lounge for the other direction too.

The only problem I have with Ethihad is Abu Dhabi airport and the connecting flight, time is usually quite tight between the arrival of the Bangkok flight and the departing London flight (and visa versa) and negotiating the security funnel in the middle is nightmarish.

Also, I know that Ethihad has my travel preferences recorded as always wanting to be seated next to unruly small children and crying babies but this is simply not the true but I don't know how to change things.

Ask them...............

I fly from birmingham to amsterdam and then on to bangkok business class with china airlines,

return.Open ticket for 6 months.

Treated like a king, business class lounge, all drinks and snacks are free, priority boarding

and disembark, priority passport control, baggage out first, just brill, wont fly anything else.

• Like 1

The only problem I have with Ethihad is Abu Dhabi airport and the connecting flight, time is usually quite tight between the arrival of the Bangkok flight and the departing London flight (and visa versa) and negotiating the security funnel in the middle is nightmarish.

Also, I know that Ethihad has my travel preferences recorded as always wanting to be seated next to unruly small children and crying babies but this is simply not the true but I don't know how to change things.

Ask them...............

Yes...spoke to friend who lives in LOS and does the trip the other way....

I fly from birmingham to amsterdam and then on to bangkok business class with china airlines,

Treated like a king, business class lounge, all drinks and snacks are free, priority boarding

and disembark, priority passport control, baggage out first, just brill, wont fly anything else.

Used to do the courier runs with CA ..LHR-Ams- Bkk and always had great time.

From memory mostly/always got upgraded to business and on one occasion was invited to their Christmas party/dinner in a South Ken Restaurant.

Think this was shortly after the slight accident with one of their planes in Hong Kong...talking point.

Music to my ears....I'm doing the Amsterdam to Bangkok trip early next month.