Sam Adams In Chiang Mai?

NinjaNick

I highly doubt it but is it anywhere to be found? I'm just getting tired of the whole singha and chang deal.. and the beers at Rimping are quite nice but not much of a variety... but that aside.. oh what I wouldn't give for a nice pint of sam adams ;) take care everyone!

I've only seen Sam Adams once in Chiang Mai - at a party in the US Consulate's housing compound south of town. If you don't work at the consulate (or know someone who does) I think you're out of luck. I'd say Rimping & Tops are your best options. You might try different branches as the selection isn't always the same at each.

I have never seen Sam Adams in town and I would bet there is none in country. No IPAs, either. The only noticeably hopped beer (to my taste buds) I have found is Hoppe (sp?) sold at the wine store in Mee Choke Plaza. It may be at the other locations but I have not looked.

There is a hop oil sold on line in the U.S. in 1 oz bottles. Squeeze a few drops into Singha or Chang to add a nice hops flavor. But I have not found a seller that will ship overseas.

OP.. Have you give Hooebarten and Erdingher dark a try? I absolutely love both of those beers. (Just a recommendation if you haven't given them a shot)

of course! wonderful brew's :)

how is the home brewing scene in CM? any festivals or anything? :)

Did you check out the German/Thai Micro-Brewery, near Big-C-Extra on the Superhighway, they brew on-site (bit obvious really) and have a nice dark 'dunkel' beer. A few pubs in-town have been known to stock it, but I'm not sure who might, currently.

Cheers ! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

The only time I tried Sam Adams was at the American July 4th Party at the city stadium about 3 years ago. a very nice beer.

There are a variety of different beers available in Chiang Mai: you could try Kilkenny Irish Beer on draught, Coopers Australian Pale Ale, London Pride Bitter, London Porter or BeerLao Dark. All are available at the O'Malley's and The Olde Bell and all except Kilkenny at The Red Lion. Number one bar just off Loi Kroh Rd has a great range of Belgian Beers. Happy drinking!!

I hear ya, some Boston Lager would be very nice here. Unfortunately we can't get US beer in CM anymore, don't know about Bangkok though. Some (see replies above) mention Villa Market, is that confirm??? Cos if it is, I might just have to drop by there and get a case of MGD and Sam Adams.

Found a decent sub for 'lite beer", try Phuket beer, almost the same feel. ... Not much there.

Edited by mic6ard