KRS1

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This place has many chain lube options, including Putoline O-ring Spray for 450 baht, 200 less than Red Baron! Fast2fly http://goo.gl/RHSVQ
Yeah, I've been using Putoline Tech Chain for a few years with no problems. Not cheap but found in many bike shops here. I'll take a look at that link. Thanks. Edited by H1w4yR1da

I think a product's anti-fling property is the first consideration, Teflon and graphite are both for low friction materials, not much use if it gets thrown off, besides chains are already highly efficient.

I like the sound of "adhesive" will look out for it.

Tried that adhesive stuff today. It's from the consistency somewhat like fresh glue that hasn't hardened. Will certainly stick but it's pretty messy to get it on the chain. Would suggest to take the chain off and treat it separately. You don't want to get that lube on your tires.

Molybdenum Disulfide...Moly lube...in spray can from Big C is excellent chain lube.

"SONAX ...Das Original..MoS2Oil"

Orange 400ml can. German product.

Apparently the pressure of the chain bearing on the sprocket causes the moly to molecularly bind with the steel and to resist flinging or washing off.

I prefer it for my Wave, Raider, & CBR.

Es gute!

I was just looking at that stuff today at a small auto products shop, pretty cheap too. It says something in German about O-rings on the can, most likely that it is good vs not good for o-rings.

It wasn't "Achtung! O-Ring Nein Nein Nein!' by any chance, was it? ermm.gif

The stuff I have is from Putoline, TECH CHAIN ceramic chain wax non-fling, from Bigwing, not used it yet but seems good, no lube anywhere on the bike!

DP reading your post again and you haven't used it yet and no lube anywhere on the bike.!? Am I missing something here? :)

The stuff I have is from Putoline, TECH CHAIN ceramic chain wax non-fling, from Bigwing, not used it yet but seems good, no lube anywhere on the bike!
DP reading your post again and you haven't used it yet and no lube anywhere on the bike.!? Am I missing something here? :)

Well the bike is new so it has chain lube on it from new, there is no lube splattered on the bike from the lube that was applied to the chain by the dealer, are you missing something, yes you are, maybe my explanation will help you! I have a new can of this lube that has not been used yet because there is no need as yet! Going by the fact the bike has no lube splattered about so far I am assuming this is a good chain lube to use! Hope this clarifies the confusion.

Edited by dogpoo