Mcdonald’S Opens 165Th Branch At Star Avenue

khwaibah

MacDonald's is what is is...the unacceptable face of American capitalism.....and a bloody good feed when you need Western comfort food...it will ever be thus!!

Rubbish, a company that made it and is still getting bigger is wrong ?.

Is UK fish and chips UK capitalism, or a Vindaloo Curry Indian capitalism, Italian Pizza capitalism or are you jealous that a company stays strong ?. rolleyes.gif

Once you have had a nice long sleep and the alcohol has worn off, try re-reading my post.

• Like 2

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MacDonald's is what is is...the unacceptable face of American capitalism.....and a bloody good feed when you need Western comfort food...it will ever be thus!!

Is UK fish and chips UK capitalism, or a Vindaloo Curry Indian capitalism, Italian Pizza capitalism or are you jealous that a company stays strong ?. rolleyes.gif

Once you have had a nice long sleep and the alcohol has worn off, try re-reading my post.

Just re read it, perhaps you have not made your point clear. smile.png

Roll on McD's in Ubon clap2.gifthumbsup.gif
Why so the Thai people can die of more diseases than the inbred factories already provide?I hate westerners who can't eat THAI food while spending years in Thailand.....Why are they even over here?

O joy we have a new comer to the LOS.welcomeani.gif

Already insulting the Thais and foreigners who live here.With a side of ignorance about the quality of food.coffee1.gif

Stay tunedTomorrow he will come out with a real reconciliation plan that works.whistling.gif

Edited by hellodolly
  • Like 1

I believe that my point is quite clear to anyone with a modicum of intelligence. i see no further need to expand on it.

• Like 1

Is Ford and General motors a unacceptable face of American capitalism also. They are big business affecting far more Thais than McDonald's.

• Like 2

I thought Mcdonalds were franchises. Owned by wealthy thai people. Some of the profit will go back to the USA Mcdonalds. My favourite burger is In N Out. Much better than Mcdonlds but not as popular.

I’m sure Khun Dej Bulsuk has a few more baht in his account now, than when he opened his first McDonald’s restaurant at Amarin Plaza back in 1985. He is a great storyteller and always has a new joke and an infectious upbeat demeanor.smile.png

Of course, the thread turns into a tard fest. Bash America!! Bash McDonald's!!

FWIW, I had a friend interested in opening a McDonald's here in Thailand. He said all the rights to McD's in thailand fell to one person/company. The only thing you can really do is own the property that is situated on, and rent to them. That's as far as it gets.

**I'd like to add I could possibly have misunderstood, or forgotten details, but this is what i remember/understood he told me.

• Like 1

The way some people go on it is if people were forced to eat it or something. rolleyes.gif

In a nut shell, folk eat what they want and will travel to get it. Whenever McD's is mentioned here the Meausli munchers come out, never hear complaints when other types of fast food are mentioned. As if pizza or kebabs etc are any healthier. sad.png
  • Like 2

The way some people go on it is if people were forced to eat it or something. rolleyes.gif

In a nut shell, folk eat what they want and will travel to get it. Whenever McD's is mentioned here the Meausli munchers come out, never hear complaints when other types of fast food are mentioned. As if pizza or kebabs etc are any healthier. sad.png

Exactly.

I'm a muesli eater, and I consider myself to be in good shape. However, I like to have McDonald's probably 9-10 times a year. I always find it funny how people think of themselves as upper class by stating they don't like McDonald's or their hamburgers. 'Wow man, you're really high-brow on your burger tastes.'

These things are awesome at McDonald's : French Fries, Coke, Breakfast sandwiches, & Filet o' Fish.

• Like 2

McDonald's does actually try to cater a little bit to the Thai's now. I notice that I cannot get a cheese quarter pounder unless it is pork. Also they do have a few Thai based dishes. Obviously you do not become the number one or two fast food franchise in the world by serving substandard quality food. It might not be to every one's taste but it is a highly desired food that is why they got so big.

Not sure if they have the most outlets or subway has more. I know that for a while they were alternating. But Subway does not make considerations for the Thai's that McDonald's does so they will never be big here.

Most of them are not eating any healthier than McDonald's - probably mostly meat pies, bangers and mash and such. It is just fashionable for the Occupy Wall Street types to bash McDonald's .

hippie.jpg

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

Of course, the thread turns into a tard fest. Bash America!! Bash McDonald's!!

FWIW, I had a friend interested in opening a McDonald's here in Thailand. He said all the rights to McD's in thailand fell to one person/company. The only thing you can really do is own the property that is situated on, and rent to them. That's as far as it gets.

**I'd like to add I could possibly have misunderstood, or forgotten details, but this is what i remember/understood he told me.

McThai under Khun Dej.

I'm not against having the occasional Western comfort food. I've been meaning to hit the Burger King for a few weeks now. Might do that today!

Yeah, but it is kinda' sad when you see travelers come all the way to Asia, and they are sitting in Starbucks or McDonalds because they don't want to brave eating at a local Thai restaurant. Just between you and me, they can get McDonalds without getting on an airplane. You can also have it in the airport.

Incidentally, they don't have McDonalds in Vietnam. Not sure why.

Also noticed some big porky boys in Chiangmai. Might be the imported diet.

• Like 1

Yeah, but it is kinda' sad when you see travelers come all the way to Asia, and they are sitting in Starbucks or McDonalds because they don't want to brave eating at a local Thai restaurant.

Why is it kinda sad.........for whom?

Come on, own up, l will. thumbsup.gif

Who has gone to a fancy expensive restaurant, they serve up a very nice meal that looks as though it will fetch millions at auction as a work of art, you head home and think, christ, I'm starving hungry, then dive into McD's for a BigMac. laugh.pngthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I'm not against having the occasional Western comfort food. I've been meaning to hit the Burger King for a few weeks now. Might do that today!

Yeah, but it is kinda' sad when you see travelers come all the way to Asia, and they are sitting in Starbucks or McDonalds because they don't want to brave eating at a local Thai restaurant.

My guess is that most of them eat at Thai restaurants and McDonald's and other foreign places as well. At the moment I am eating Thai vegetarian most of the time, but Western or Japanese food is a nice break every once in a while.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Wendys!!!! Give me Wendys!!!!

We could get a Carl's Junior (which I prefer to the rest) They have them in Pattaya and Bangkok now. The only problem is that many of these places do not use the same quality of beef that they use in the US, so not nearly as good as back home.

I really regret Popeye's Chicken folding in the 97 downturn. I really liked the New Orlean's style biscuits and side dishes.

I hear there is a Popeyes in Suvarnabhumi, be nice if there was one in Chiang Mai.

We could get a Carl's Junior (which I prefer to the rest) They have them in Pattaya and Bangkok now. The only problem is that many of these places do not use the same quality of beef that they use in the US, so not nearly as good as back home.

I really regret Popeye's Chicken folding in the 97 downturn. I really liked the New Orlean's style biscuits and side dishes.

I hear there is a Popeyes in Suvarnabhumi, be nice if there was one in Chiang Mai.

I had to google Popeyes and; Popeyes serves chicken products in mild and spicy flavors and offers sides such as Cajun fries, mashed potatoes with Cajun-style gravy, and Cajun rice. Most combo meals come with a side order, drink, and a biscuit.

Sounds a bit more interesting than KFC.

Is it something the Thai's would go for?

I had to google Popeyes and; Popeyes serves chicken products in mild and spicy flavors and offers sides such as Cajun fries, mashed potatoes with Cajun-style gravy, and Cajun rice. Most combo meals come with a side order, drink, and a biscuit.

Sounds a bit more interesting than KFC.

Is it something the Thai's would go for?

I'm not sure if Thais would like it or not, but I would drop in for some biscuits and take them with me to Pun Pun for chicken fried steak.

I'm not sure if Thais would like it or not, but I would drop in for some biscuits and take them with me to Pun Pun for chicken fried steak.

That sounds like a cue for Gonzo to do biscuits.

What sort of biscuits......Custard Creams, Choc Digestive, Ginger Snaps? huh.png

Edited by uptheos

What sort of biscuits......Custard Creams, Choc Digestive, Ginger Snaps? huh.png

Buttermilk of course. wink.png Actually, KFC many years ago offered these and would like to see them back.

tumblr_lkd6z4k3uC1qeylawo1_500.jpg

KFC's Buttermilk Biscuits below.

McDonalds-Buttermilk-Biscuits-2.jpg

Buttermilk of course. wink.png Actually, KFC many years ago offered these and would like to see them back.

tumblr_lkd6z4k3uC1qeylawo1_500.jpg

What do you do with them for chicken fried steak?