Mcdonald’S Opens 165Th Branch At Star Avenue

khwaibah

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it's been eaten once. sick.gif

White chicken gravy smothers the chicken fried steak, I like to dip the biscuits and mop the plate. Much tastier than a chip butty.

Nothing is tastier than a chip butty. Lots of salt and vinegar, butter dripping down your chin etc. Food for the God's. wink.pngthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

White chicken gravy smothers the chicken fried steak, I like to dip the biscuits and mop the plate. Much tastier than a chip butty.

bah.gif , as an English guy, l remember touring the the USA, in Alabama this lovely lady in a truck stop said, l will make you some fresh grits for your biscuits, great l thought.

How do you guys eat that stuff ? bah.gif

I'm not sure if Thais would like it or not, but I would drop in for some biscuits and take them with me to Pun Pun for chicken fried steak.

That sounds like a cue for Gonzo to do biscuits.

What sort of biscuits......Custard Creams, Choc Digestive, Ginger Snaps? huh.png

Buttermilk of course. wink.png Actually, KFC many years ago offered these and would like to see them back.

tumblr_lkd6z4k3uC1qeylawo1_500.jpg

KFC's Buttermilk Biscuits below.

McDonalds-Buttermilk-Biscuits-2.jpg

Popeye's Fried Chicken had them last time they were in Thailand and someone said they are back. American biscuits are FANTASTIC and even the dam_n foreigners love them.

Edited by Ulysses G.

bah.gif , as an English guy, l remember touring the the USA, in Alabama this lovely lady in a truck stop said, l will make you some fresh grits for your biscuits, great l thought.

Grits? Usually with a spoon...

-Mestizo

Grits? Usually with a spoon...

-Mestizo

w00t.gifbah.gif

Anyone tried this new bransh, is it better than the other branshes, different meat in the burgers, crispier fries etc... unsure.png

Wos a bransh ? Don't like Jap food.

McDonalds, per the op. (do they have Jap food?)

Edited by Semper

Nothing is tastier than a chip butty. Lots of salt and vinegar, butter dripping down your chin etc. Food for the God's. wink.pngthumbsup.gif

I knew that would get a response,truthfully, a chip butty and a biscuit with gravy are probably equally as unhealthy, except of course that the biscuit is better tasting lol.

Anyone tried this new bransh, is it better than the other branshes, different meat in the burgers, crispier fries etc... unsure.png

Wos a bransh ? Don't like Jap food.

McDonalds, per the op. (do they have Jap food?)

Perhaps in Japanese Branshes. laugh.png
  • Like 1

McDonald's, spreading obesity since 1961. Coming to a moo ban near you.

Tell you what, l would rather eat BigMacs every day than the stuff my family eats sad.png . If l ate their stuff l would be dead from naff bacteria in no time, and thats without Bara. bah.gif
  • Like 1

McDonald's, spreading obesity since 1961. Coming to a moo ban near you.

Tell you what, l would rather eat BigMacs every day than the stuff my family eats sad.png . If l ate their stuff l would be dead from naff bacteria in no time, and thats without Bara. bah.gif

You do have a point there, although the sickest I have ever been in the Kingdom was after being poisoned at a rather well-known farang restaurant.

I would like to know the BMI of the Expat community here on TV? I'm happy to be off the Junk food and living off of healthy Thai Food. Some of you fools saying you'd rather eat a big mac everyday than eat a bacteria batch of Thai food obviously have weak immune systems or havent stayed in Thailand for longer than a couple months...

I would like to know the BMI of the Expat community here on TV? I'm happy to be off the Junk food and living off of healthy Thai Food. Some of you fools saying you'd rather eat a big mac everyday than eat a bacteria batch of Thai food obviously have weak immune systems or havent stayed in Thailand for longer than a couple months...

cheesy.gif , what a twonk comment. Me, been here for years but l know what my stomach wants and doesn't want.

Don't tell me, you have an electronic Wai warning device attached to your elbows as your totally Thai now. laugh.png .

• Like 2

You are new here obviously. Take a stroll through a Thai Market.

I for one will be waiting for your reply on how well the food is preserved.

Be sure to tell us all about the meat just sitting there all day long in the heat.

And don't forget to commend them on their cleanliness.wai.gif

Edited by hellodolly
  • Like 2

Be sure to tell us all about the meat just sitting there all day long in the heat.

Much cleaner than China

• Like 1

cheesy.gif , what a twonk comment. Me, been here for years but l know what my stomach wants and doesn't want.

Don't tell me, you have an electronic Wai warning device attached to your elbows as your totally Thai now. laugh.png .

I'm not a disgusting fat body who sweats mcdonalds grease all over his loved one's sorry I don't fit your McNugget. It has nothing to do with respecting Thai culture. I say........BOYCOTT MCDONALDS!

Been here over 5 years and havent had the squirts for 4 years. Its like this nitz, if u live in a hospital your entire life completely sanitary you are more susceptible to viral and bacterial infection. I happen to have immunity and I don't share my wife in the expat moo ban orgy of Pattaya either, sorry....

Kinda' funny that some people are disappointed to see more McDonalds in CM. Perhaps some people come here to get away from stuff like McDonalds. Maybe they think McDonalds doesn't reflect traditional Thai culture, and probably diminishes it. And then others have turned the thread into some sort of fast food worship list. That might be a bit of a difference between people who came here because they wanted to experience another culture, and people who came here because it's cheap (and couldn't give a shit about the culture). I could live without any Western fast food chains, and haven't been to one yet, but I'm not against hitting one sooner or later.

However, how many is enough and how many is ridiculous? I don't want to see a McDonalds next to every temple. If there's one, that's probably enough. If you need to go to McDonalds more than once a week in Thailand, you might be overdoing it, especially if you didn't eat at McDonalds weekly in your own country.

Still planning on hitting up that Burger King for a whopper. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

The reason that there are so many McDonald's is not for foreigners. It is because many Thais like to eat there.

Funny how some people don't realise that.

Very true. The vast majority of people I see at McD's or KFC are Thai.

Fries from your phone: McDonald's testing mobile payment app

DougGross35x35.jpg

By Doug Gross, CNN

August 20, 2012 -- Updated 1519 GMT (2319 HKT) | Filed under: Mobile

<p>

120820024813-mcdonalds-france-story-top.jpg

An employee displays the McBaguette, a burger-filled sandwich tested earlier this year at McDonald's restaurants in France.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• McDonald's is testing a mobile-payment app in France
  • Customers can pay via PayPal and pick up the food at a special line
  • The system could spread to the chain's 33,500 restaurants
  • The move is part of a growing cashless mobile-payment trend

(CNN) -- As noted philosopher Vincent Vega said in "Pulp Fiction," the French may not know what a Quarter Pounder is.

But McDonald's customers in Paris can now pay for a Royale with Cheese using their smartphones or tablets -- a concept that could spread to the company's 33,500 locations worldwide if the fast-food leader likes the results.

Customers at 30 locations in France are now able to order their meals using the McDonald's mobile app, pay for it via PayPal, then join a separate line to pick up their food, according to a Reuters report.

The trial is part of a rapidly growing consumer-service trend of skipping cash, and even credit cards, in favor of a quick tap from a mobile phone.

Major retailers from Target to Best Buy to 7-Eleven have teamed up to create the Merchant Customer Exchange. The group is developing a mobile app that would allow customers to pay for goods at participating stores' registers with their smartphones. The app will also give users exclusive coupons and deals.

Square, a mobile app and phone attachment created by one of the founders of Twitter, is gaining traction as a tool for small businesses to accept credit-card payments and this month signed a deal with Starbucks for the coffee behemoth to begin accepting payments through the app.

And Google Wallet aims to be no less than a single tool that turns your phone into your wallet, driver's license and house key.

PayPal, long a leader in Web transactions, is fighting to stay in the forefront of the mobile-payment game. In addition to the McDonald's deal, PayPal has signed up with such retailers as Home Depot.

McDonald's showcased an even more in-depth mobile payment app earlier this year at a conference in Orlando, Reuters reports.

CNN