A Q For Real Estate Professionals In Bkk

Some of us or more than would admit have someone to support in Thailand.

I would like to see Real Estate people monitoring or sponsoring this site coming up with their recommendations for places that can be bought and the proceeds banked and available to the receiving end.

Just selling the apartments that are being build or that nobody wants to buy 2nd hand won't do much, IMO.

Say, condos or whatever that could generate 5, 6...K baht per month net.

I would like to see Real Estate people monitoring or sponsoring this site coming up with their recommendations for places that can be bought and the proceeds banked and available to the receiving end.

Just selling the apartments that are being build or that nobody wants to buy 2nd hand won't do much, IMO.

Would you like breakfast served to you in bed as well? :o

Would you like breakfast served to you in bed as well? :o

Just shows it's a hype.

Thousands or tens of thousands of apartments nobody wants are on sale.

And farang real estate agents trying to make some money beating on the dead horse.

Descendants from the boiler rooms.

I dont agree with your view - I would have thought this would have come under your own 'due dilligence' in assessing worth/return of an investment. The realtor works for the seller - they are selling a product and I for one would not take anything I am told as 'gospel' without doing my own homework. Its not really difficult - typical 2 bedroom 120-160 sq m condo in a mid range condo in Sukhumvit belt will be achieving approx: 50,000 baht a month up to 100,000 or even higher for some larger/nicer buildings. However one of the biggest factors is the quality of how you furnish somewhere - its no good buying a 20,000,000 baht condo and then putting crap Index type furniture into and expecting it to rent for 120,000 baht month - it just aint gonna happen. I remember when looking for my first condo in BKK, I discounted loads as they may have had fantastic bathrooms, teak wood from floor to ceilings, but none of them had an oven in the kitchen. By the same token, if you have a 30 sq m studio in a mass market condo without a kitchen, there is not much point in putting in a 42" Plasma TV as you will not get it back in rental income versus the initial expense.

I dont agree with your view - I would have thought this would have come under your own 'due dilligence' in assessing worth/return of an investment. The realtor works for the seller - they are selling a product and I for one would not take anything I am told as 'gospel' without doing my own homework.

"Currently rented at..xxx" say ads in Oz real estate publications and web sites.

I dont agree with your view - I would have thought this would have come under your own 'due dilligence' in assessing worth/return of an investment. The realtor works for the seller - they are selling a product and I for one would not take anything I am told as 'gospel' without doing my own homework.

"Currently rented at..xxx" say ads in Oz real estate publications and web sites.

This was part of a common scam when they sold property to New Zealanders in Queensland; rental guaranteed or currentlty rented at...'

In reality, the property was rented by the seller or just sat vacant. people bought on the yield, then discovered 2 years later or a year later that actually the market rents were a fraction of the previous rent or the rental fixed guaranteed. Not a bad scam, and made at least a few people rich.

For an investment of the magnitude you are talking, would it not be easier just to set up a term deposit, and send the proceeds to your supported one each quarter? 4% interest rates these days...

agree with steve. i always say that choosing an investment property is not different from choosing a good diamond, if you don't know what to look for and expect agents to offer you locked-in returns, then you are not likely to get a good deal. the legal phrase caveat emptor, or 'let the buyer beware' applies here as with any other product, due diligence is your responsibility.

agree with steve. i always say that choosing an investment property is not different from choosing a good diamond, if you don't know what to look for and expect agents to offer you locked-in returns, then you are not likely to get a good deal. the legal phrase caveat emptor, or 'let the buyer beware' applies here as with any other product, due diligence is your responsibility.

Indeed, and in fact the more transparent the market is, the less chance to get the 'real bargain'.

Therefore, for many in real estate, they like things the way they are now :0-)

The return for condos in Central bkk will be approx 4.5-5% net after costs. If I was looking to buy I would want to see 1%+ over long term lending rates. ie 6.5-7.5%., unless I expected either rental growth or Capital growth or both. I expect to see rents coming down and prices too, approx 15-20% fall in prices, starting in 12 months from now.