Can Coming To Thailand Make You Bisexual?

thenervoussurgeon

I think so far we have had one first-hand explanation (by f0xxee), which isn't a lot considering we're on page 20. I had to dig a little, but here is one more:

----

Katoeys? What is the attraction? Lots...

I'm a bit late into this conversation, so my opinion is mute ... but thanks to WinnieTheKhwai for digging that post out.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They may present as women at first glance Jingthing but what straight hetrosexual man when he takes off the panties only to find a dick there would want to play with it or allow it to be inseerted in his bum? just asking

Yeh, but we know how straight men can get so easily confused!

post-16606-0-68191400-1345556325_thumb.j

Edited by Chopperboy

Craigslist is filled with 'straight' dudes looking for sex with other men.

That's an entirely different thing. They are looking for masculine males. I agree quite usually such denial cases are indeed gay or bi. Also often they are just playing a fantasy role playing game because they know many gay men get an extra thrill doing it with a straight man. I don't agree that there is anything gay about chasing a pretty lady looking LB. It's straight with a twist.

I get the confusion though. Some are totally focused on the genitals. There is so much more to sexual attraction than the genitals. For example, sometimes I see a masculine looking woman, often a lesbian, and I feel some attraction to her as if she were a man especially if she is flat chested and has masculine hips. So my feelings towards this woman are totally gay! I know she isn't packing (but probably has some good toys) but it doesn't matter to how I feel sexually.

Maybe homosexuality is just a heterosexual fetish...

Craigslist is filled with 'straight' dudes looking for sex with other men.

That's an entirely different thing. They are looking for masculine males. I agree quite usually such denial cases are indeed gay or bi. Also often they are just playing a fantasy role playing game because they know many gay men get an extra thrill doing it with a straight man. I don't agree that there is anything gay about chasing a pretty lady looking LB. It's straight with a twist.

I get the confusion though. Some are totally focused on the genitals. There is so much more to sexual attraction than the genitals. For example, sometimes I see a masculine looking woman, often a lesbian, and I feel some attraction to her as if she were a man especially if she is flat chested and has masculine hips. So my feelings towards this woman are totally gay! I know she isn't packing (but probably has some good toys) but it doesn't matter to how I feel sexually.

Maybe homosexuality is just a heterosexual fetish...

No, ladyboys are a hetrosexual fetish...

• Like 1

...and all he seems interested in is Ladyboys...

thenervoussurgeon, please define "Ladyboy" as used in the context of the starting topic of this thread. I understand a lot of different people use this word to mean a lot of different things.

All i can tell you is that they were men in dresses who acted like women ie ladyboys as i see them ,this again i reiterate is not a problem for me ,each to his own ,as long as i dont have to join in .

where i can see that many ladyboys are very attractive "as women" but the fact that they are men would put me off ,sorry if anyone finds this offensive.

What if the ladyboy has had sexual reassignment surgery,.....Is she still a man ? ,......Do they ever stand a chance of being women, or are they eternally damned to just be gits with tits ?

All you need to do is to come up to Issan at Songkran and join in the festivities in one of the bigger cities when the buffalo katoey come in from the boonies to celebrate. That'd knock anybody's Nong Poy fantasies straight out of the ballpark. biggrin.png

Can someone explain what the connection between LadyBoys and the Songkran Festival is please?

Just that there has been a few references, but no explanation?

All you need to do is to come up to Issan at Songkran and join in the festivities in one of the bigger cities when the buffalo katoey come in from the boonies to celebrate. That'd knock anybody's Nong Poy fantasies straight out of the ballpark. biggrin.png

Can someone explain what the connection between LadyBoys and the Songkran Festival is please?

Nothing I know of,but as I posted it earlier it's when many people seem to think groping people is acceptable and in my experience it's from gay Thai men and ladyboys way too many times. Straight for your <deleted> stepped up from the usual pretending to fall into you, purposely walking infront of you and then stopping to make you walk into them or in ladyboys cases pinching your arse or following you into the toilets and staring over your shoulder while having a piss.

To cdnvic,

I was referring to the men that intentionally go with ladyboys, not ones who think their with a woman

and later get surprised. Just like the OP's friend.

Any guy whos been here a few years, especially drinkers, who say they have never been fooled into thinking a laduboy is a lady is lying

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

When I moved here 20 years ago I knew a straight guy, who had been here 10 years, who when drunk would get a BJ from the local ladyboy prossie and say he thought nothing of it - I was shocked. All these years on, I'm not shocked and the idea doesn't seem so outrageous, although I've never done it( well knowingly - possibly when very drunk). So to answer the OP - yes, living in Thailnd for a long time can change your views on bisexuality. I think every man is bisexual to a certain , if only miniscule degree - so being here could sway one to try something new.

• Like 1

...and all he seems interested in is Ladyboys...

thenervoussurgeon, please define "Ladyboy" as used in the context of the starting topic of this thread. I understand a lot of different people use this word to mean a lot of different things.

All i can tell you is that they were men in dresses who acted like women ie ladyboys as i see them ,this again i reiterate is not a problem for me ,each to his own ,as long as i dont have to join in .

where i can see that many ladyboys are very attractive "as women" but the fact that they are men would put me off ,sorry if anyone finds this offensive.

What if the ladyboy has had sexual reassignment surgery,.....Is she still a man ? ,......Do they ever stand a chance of being women, or are they eternally damned to just be gits with tits ?

To be honest when i started all this it was never my intention to offend anyone or make judgements ,but no matter what answer i give someone will think its the wrong one ,but here goes ,no he is still a man ,just one who has had breast implants and his penis removed and taken hormone tablets , i once saw a programe about some chap who thought he was a tiger or some such and had had his body completely covered in tattos to make him look like one and had his teeth filed down ,but at the end of the day he was still a guy although he didnt seem to think so.

• Like 1

When I moved here 20 years ago I knew a straight guy, who had been here 10 years, who when drunk would get a BJ from the local ladyboy prossie and say he thought nothing of it - I was shocked. All these years on, I'm not shocked and the idea doesn't seem so outrageous, although I've never done it( well knowingly - possibly when very drunk). So to answer the OP - yes, living in Thailnd for a long time can change your views on bisexuality. I think every man is bisexual to a certain , if only miniscule degree - so being here could sway one to try something new.

that my friend is the first answer to the question that i have hadclap2.gif

To be honest when i started all this it was never my intention to offend anyone or make judgements ,but no matter what answer i give someone will think its the wrong one ,but here goes ,no he is still a man ,just one who has had breast implants and his penis removed and taken hormone tablets , i once saw a programe about some chap who thought he was a tiger or some such and had had his body completely covered in tattos to make him look like one and had his teeth filed down ,but at the end of the day he was still a guy although he didnt seem to think so.

I saw that nut-sack tiger guy, he even had phony whiskers!

• Like 1

So can we now say that it is a bisexual act for men to have sex with ladyboys or women

just like it would be if they had sex with men or women.

There is no other word in the dictionary that can be used.

Gay is men with men.

Straight is men with women.

Lesbian is women with women.

Amen.

• Like 1

Individual opinions aside, I wonder how many have paused to consider the sheer artistry that goes into a guy passing off as a lady. We have seen the roles essayed in many films (Mrs.Doubtfire, Tootsie, and so on) but I would stick my neck out and say that Thailand's Ladyboys carry off their act far more convincingly than we see in the movies. Theirs is a never-ending award-winning performance. Tales of first-time visitors to Thailand being completely taken in, so many actually taking "the beautiful girl" to their rooms only to freak out eventually, are legion. It's the unfortunate sod who fashions his life on rigid tags and labels and is so zealous about maintaining his so-called "straight" identity that he steers clear of LadyBoys, who ends up the loser. It's a tribute to their magnificent talent that LadyBoys succeed in enticing men, who hitherto thought of themselves as straight, into trying them out just once -- only to be changed forever. The Eighth Wonder of the World.

Edited by HereIAm
  • Like 1

So can we now say that it is a bisexual act for men to have sex with ladyboys or women

Gay is men with men.

Amen.

gynemimetophilia

Simply because the word exists in the dictionary does not enhance the 'truthiness' of a topic. If it was so, rather than reading David Hume, I would look up 'cause' in the dictionary.

@catweazle,

im not in denial about my sexuality,, hit a nerve did i?

nor am i ignorant, just giving my opinion as you have done many times on this tred,

if you want to be gay then you carry on, nothing to do with me, i do my thing which is be with my beautiful wife and have a loving family with our children,

jake,

Gay is men with men.

Amen.

No, " we ", cannot say that . You can and Johnniey can and anyone else who subscribes to that idea can, but if there is one thing that is clear in this discussion, it is that nothing about this is universally agreed upon. And you can throw in all the " Amens, Nuff saids and case closed you want , but this topic will always remain unresolved on a group level . I am a member of a few different Thailand forums and this topic has never been universally agreed upon, draws the most attention and gets the most responses and divides people more intensely than most others . Its always a great discussion,.....if you dont get too serious .

• Like 1

Gay is men with men.

Amen.

Nuff saId - case closed - next.

• Like 1

Songkran is a drunken binge orgy. Easy to get lucky those days. And secondly, lots of people travel back home to whatever town or village they came from. Ladyboys (much like gay people in the West) gravitate away from small towns and towards major cities. But for Songkran they're back, so you'd notice them.

Anyway that's my theory, feel free to offer alternatives.

And that is probably it. The problem is with the dictionary. (I saw "Gynemimetophilia" mentioned, but I can't see that catching on. ;) )

• Like 1

A better question should be "Can reading threads about Ladyboys on Thai Visa, make you want to bone a ladyboy?"

Actually, yes. Can't wait to visit Cascade bar in a few weeks and indulge. Oh, and I'm hetero male, divorced, with kids. I usually stray when GG's are driving me nuts. So, for me, its more of a mental thing....and the hyper exotic nature of LB's themselves.

• Like 2

What a great world we live in, where a man can have sex with a (lady) BOY and still be str8 ...... by the way this whole thread is GAY... I don't mean in the old slang, meaning homosexual but in the modern usage, gay as in boring, tired , dull ...not cool.

What a great world we live in, where a man can have sex with a (lady) BOY and still be str8 ...... by the way this whole thread is GAY... I don't mean in the old slang, meaning homosexual but in the modern usage, gay as in boring, tired , dull ...not cool.

Boring,tired ,dull and not cool,so why are you reading it? .whistling.gif

Edited by thenervoussurgeon

A better question should be "Can reading threads about Ladyboys on Thai Visa, make you want to bone a ladyboy?"

Actually, yes. Can't wait to visit Cascade bar in a few weeks and indulge. Oh, and I'm hetero male, divorced, with kids. I usually stray when GG's are driving me nuts. So, for me, its more of a mental thing....and the hyper exotic nature of LB's themselves.

+1 thumbsup.gif (especially the highlighted bit)