Kareoke Buriram

manxninja

Just a quick one for the buririamites. I went to a thai style kareoke last night. Two bottles of large leo and had a couple kareoke ladies sit down for a chat.

Is 500baht about the right price seems a little pricey for up in the sticks.

Are these joints normally thai only , the class of customer was a little on the wild side .w00t.gif

And to answer the other bit - yes, normally Thai only and there are some (particuarly in the countryside) that get little or no falang and the girls will seem a bit intimidated or uninterested if you go in. Others are quite happy to accomodate falang even if they rarely see them and you might even come across ladies who speak some English. Ones in the large towns and cities are generally used to falangs and a few will practically drag you in off the streets (a bit embellished - I mean they will quickly make it clear you are very welcome - and hansum).

Just follow your instincts - if they are looking nervous and unwelcoming on entry best to make apologies and find another before you spend any money. There's nowt worse than twiddling your thumbs over an expensive Leo when potential company is doing a not-too-subtle disappearing act!

500 baht is steep. I would expect 125 baht a big bottle in an outlying bamboo bar type karaoke, but some of the more `upmarket` VIP bars (the ones that might even have a few English language songs to sing) might be as much as you quoted. Still seems expensive. Cheap Thai whiskey and soda is usually a better bet. You can order a quarter botle in some without funny looks and a half bottle in all. You'd have probably got a half bottle of 365 (or is it 535 - crap whatever it is) plus `free` sodas for the price of two large.

Im not going to pretend I've never been out with the lads to a karaoke, but most of my info is actually from going with wife and family and their friends to karaokes around Sisaket and Ubon provinces. For that reason I'm not such an expert on additional services for obvious reasons laugh.png. Silly me - of course you'll pay more if you had a couple of girls sitting with you! If all they did was come and serve your drinks from time to time then you were definitely ripped off.

You can't complain if you didn't establish the prices before partaking?! There is no stigma in doing so!

I always forget to ask toorolleyes.gif . [Function of the fact we normally only go when we are already 3 sheets to the wind and who cares then].

Edit: If you are less than 40, good looking and presentable, ignore all that stuff about the intimidated girls disappearing!

Edited by SantiSuk

santi suk thanks for the reply. yes ive been around long enough to know that beer cost extra in these places.

I was out with a thai man , we had a couple of half decent chicks sit with us , no real english spoken.

I popped in just out of interest to see how thais have a night out, all bar none were absolutely pissed.

The atmosphere was ok just seemed a little pricey for a ten minute chat.

i knew at the time i was getting ripped off but as its about ten pound its not life or death changing money.

Live and learn speed disco this friday see what happens therethumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif