National Park Entrance Fees Take A Price Hike Of 150%

Maejo Man

Just didn't want to waste more space including your scenic photos of your motorbike again.

Oh right. In such a case it's best to just mention them without quoting 3 posts that are completely unrelated to what you're discussing.

There's a forum support sub-forum that you can use to ask questions about how to use an internet forum.

Good luck with it, and continue trying. smile.png

Once you've learned the ins and out of basic forum use you may like to start a thread - 'Alternatives to Thailand's national parks. Never have to pay again!'

I'm sure it would be wildly popular with the 'I eat 25thb Khao Man Gai at the side of a filthy road for lunch everyday and drink Leo in a rat infested mom n' pop shack' crowd. smile.png

I'm not sure what you're on about as you didn't include any relevant quotes in your postblink.png

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about examples because I'm not aware of dual pricing in the UK, unless you're talking about the scamming taxi drivers. To my knowledge it one price fits all - full stop.

Just to qualify what I said, the UK is a multi cultural society and there is no requirement to show IDs so how exactly is this dual pricing applied?

King's College cathedral in Cambridge (UK).

Residents - free

Non-residents - 6 quid (or maybe 6.50. can't remember exactly.)

Many of the other colleges and cathedrals have dual pricing - one rate for residents and one for non-residents

Just didn't want to waste more space including your scenic photos of your motorbike again.

Oh right. In such a case it's best to just mention them without quoting 3 posts that are completely unrelated to what you're discussing.

There's a forum support sub-forum that you can use to ask questions about how to use an internet forum.

Once you've learned the ins and out of basic forum use you may like to start a thread - 'Alternatives to Thailand's national parks. Never have to pay again!'

I'm sure it would be wildly popular with the 'I eat 25thb Khao Man Gai at the side of a filthy road for lunch everyday and drink Leo in a rat infested mom n' pop shack' crowd. smile.png

I'm not sure what you're on about as you didn't include any relevant quotes in your postblink.png

Perhaps upgrade those 99b baht plastic glasses from the local market stall to prescription lenses.

Unless you feel they're a rip-off as well. Walking will save you 10b in gas. Another rip off of course.

Edited by siampreggers

How about examples because I'm not aware of dual pricing in the UK, unless you're talking about the scamming taxi drivers. To my knowledge it one price fits all - full stop.

Just to qualify what I said, the UK is a multi cultural society and there is no requirement to show IDs so how exactly is this dual pricing applied?

Residents - free

Many of the other colleges and cathedrals have dual pricing - one rate for residents and one for non-residents

Thanks for the examples but I'm talking about national tourist attractions. As I'm not familiar with the places you are citing, how do they distinguish between resident and non-residents? I've only visited York Minster where it is one price for residents and visitors. Are you meaning resident students who are already paying their fees anyway? What I'm saying is being a UK resident would I get in free?

Edited by sysardman

Perhaps upgrade those 99b baht plastic glasses from the local market stall to prescription lenses.

Unless you feel they're a rip-off as well. Walking will save you 10b in gas. Another rip off of course.

You're showing your ignorance now with cheap jibes and insults, if you don't have anything worthwhile to say then don't

Also if you're trying to impress us with your mastery of Thai it should be I eat 25thb Khao Man Gai neung jaan (remember your classifiers)giggle.gif

Edited by sysardman

Residents - free

Reminds me of the Monty Python sketch, with the guy who couldn't pronounce the letter C.

you old wascal, but I thought it was the letter 'r'.

You're showing your ignorance now with cheap jibes and insults, if you don't have anything worthwhile to say then don't

Not at all. You mentioned you had difficulty seeing a quote. Prescription eye wear could well be the solution.

Also if you're trying to impress us with your mastery of Thai it should be I eat 25thb Khao Man Gai neung jaan (remember your classifiers)

Yes, best add that, just in case one wants to highlight oneself as a Thai language newb and try-hard. Personally I'd recommend learning to speak like a local and not like a language book. smile.png

Tip for everyone: Speaking like a local can also help get discounts at National Parks if one hasn't got their DL or whatever with them.

Can be nice to chat away with them as well, and you may even be given some nice tips and advice. :)

Edited by siampreggers

Not at all. You mentioned you had difficulty seeing a quote. Prescription eye wear could well be the solution.

Also if you're trying to impress us with your mastery of Thai it should be I eat 25thb Khao Man Gai neung jaan (remember your classifiers)

Yes, best add that, just in case one wants to highlight oneself as a Thai language newb and try-hard. Personally I'd recommend learning to speak like a local and not like a language book. smile.png

Tip for everyone: Speaking like a local can also help get discounts at National Parks if one hasn't got their DL or whatever with them.

Can be nice to chat away with them as well, and you may even be given some nice tips and advice. smile.png

@Siampreggers If you are writing thai you include classifiers

If anybody is still following this thread then

1. Siampreggers has tried to defend the value of Doi Inthanon

and the value for money it offers. Unfortunately to back up this

argument he included photos of his motorbike taken in the most

unflattering locations which I felt did nothing to convince us.

2. He then implied I was a grumpy old man trying to tell Thais

how to run their business. This convinces me that he has adopted the

Thai style of driving with their eyes closed because if they were open

then he would notice the multitude of Thai business displaying the

ISO9001 logo which means they have signed an International Standards

Organisation agreement to follow the standard for Quality Management

including the training of staff and management to respond to customer

issues and address matters to a specified standard. Meaning Thai and Farang

have every right to complain if they feel aggrieved at dodgy practices

including dual pricing.

3. My experience of Doi Inthanon was not very satisfactory on the following

counts: during our motorbike ride up the mountain we were caught in a

downpour and on seeking refuge in a wooden shelter (near one of the check-

points) my wife nearly broke her ankle when her foot went through the rotten

flooboards. After that little shock we realised we were not alone and the

multitude of creepy crawly wildlife would have not been out of place in an

Indiana Jones movie. Anyway the toilets, cafe and gift shop at the peak

were also in my opinion - substandard and overpriced.

4. A little side step to Chiang Mai zoo which also applies dual pricing

was also a bit of a shocker. After having paid the entrance dual price we

took one of the guided tours on the oversized golf carts used there. To my

dismay the tour guide wasn't bilingual so I had to endure the entire tour

listening to him jabbering in thai as if I was invisible - value for money?

you decide.

Edited by sysardman