Sven To Depart After The World Cip Finals

Well this is a topic where all of us English Guys can at least discuss without war breaking out :D

Sven is to depart after the World Cup Finals whatever the outcome.

Is this a good thing for England?

Bear in mind that El Tel knew he was going after Euro 96 where we got to the semi's only to loose on penalties. :D

Will he be motivated enough to do a good enough job? Will he be able to motivate the players, especially after he has slagged many of them off?

If you were in charge at FA headquaters what would YOU DO? :o

Personally I think it is very tricky, the man has a colourful past to say the least, England are pretty good right now, but is that down to him or the fact that there is a fantastic crop of players who are hitting their peak at the right time (like Man U in 1999)

Because of this would it be better for him to go now and get soemone else to motivate this wealth of talent we currently have?

Problem there is how to make a quick appointment and who out of the wealth of talented Managers out there would want the "Poisoned Chalice"???

deja vue anybody ?

its all so pathetically predictable , a good and likeable manager with a record of success , is brought down by the uk gutter press using a fake sheikh. god help any successful public figure in the uk.

the gutter press will be there to humiliate you in front of the uk's tabloid addicted gutter population

so what if he criticized a few players , thats his job and i'm sure its nothing the players havent heard for themselves before.

the lily livered blazered bozos at the fa are as guilty as anybody in this , the fa and the whole soccer set up in the uk is riddled with backhanders and sleazy dealings , and the fa want to keep it appearing squeaky clean.

of course erickson could be loving every minute of this as he now has a well compensated exit and it leaves him available to take over a big club next season (man. u?) which is what i suspect he has been hankering after for a long time.

england should be capable of making it to at least the semi finals in germany , but as to who will succeed erickson , like thaipauly says , it really is a poisoned chalice.

its a wonderful and entertaining saga though !!!

Well this is a topic where all of us English Guys can at least discuss without war breaking out :D

Sven is to depart after the World Cup Finals whatever the outcome.

Is this a good thing for England?

Bear in mind that El Tel knew he was going after Euro 96 where we got to the semi's only to loose on penalties. :D

Will he be motivated enough to do a good enough job? Will he be able to motivate the players, especially after he has slagged many of them off?

If you were in charge at FA headquaters what would YOU DO? :o

Personally I think it is very tricky, the man has a colourful past to say the least, England are pretty good right now, but is that down to him or the fact that there is a fantastic crop of players who are hitting their peak at the right time (like Man U in 1999)

Because of this would it be better for him to go now and get soemone else to motivate this wealth of talent we currently have?

Problem there is how to make a quick appointment and who out of the wealth of talented Managers out there would want the "Poisoned Chalice"???

is it ok for a non-english-non-guy to pass a comment?

if it is - here's mine.

no problem with him going. it's clearly what he wants to do anyway. big problem with the payoff it looks like he's secured (est 2.5 mill+).

unless there was a cracking manager ready to take over right now, he really needs to stay until after the world cup. don't think england would do well in the world cup with the lack of consistency PLUS a mediocre replacement.

Well according to Sven it was allready decided he would go after the WC, all the rest was BS to keep everyone in the dark, they've obviously decided to go public to put the stories to rest. The only real effect it will have is on the players, and I think they want to win the world cup as much as anyone, so all in all I don't think it makes much difference in the short term and may even help if they can focus on the job in hand now and the press lay off a bit. Overall he's done a pretty good job, I just wonder how the team would have been with someone who had more tatical nouse, someone who could change the team/formation to turn the game around, top managers pull this off quite often, I never saw Sven do it, thats why we lost in the quarters twice.

I always wondered why he persisted with emile heskey until Liverpool sold him, always felt he needed someone else to sanction a decision before he made it, not good enough for Liverpool anymore, not good enough for me?

Never really liked the guy but, you can't go getting rid now. That would be totally foolhardy so, don't be too supprised next week.... :o

Its right he goes after the WC (no toilet jokes please) but, not right he may get this golden handshake he's gone too far for that. There's been talk of between £0 and £5 million on Sky Sports News today.

I just really hope he doesn't end up at United, he is definately not the influence we need and, I'd rather stay with Fergie for another 5 years than him. I can't see any Villa fans getting all giddy either....!

He'll probably take his cash and <deleted>*k off, which is good enough for me.

redrus

he should go now

his heart is just not in it, does he really care.

anybody who has seen his misjugements in substitutions during the qualifiers. also through the euro campaign will understand. if you remember we only just qualified for euro by the skin of our teeth.

england have the nucleus of a great side only missmanagement can stop us doing well in the world cup. to manage the side we have now is not that hard imho.

and i do not trust his integrity and judgement.

he gets paid 4-5 million a year, and he can not manage his own life.

'unless there was a cracking manager ready to take over right now, he really needs to stay until after the world cup. don't think england would do well in the world cup with the lack of consistency PLUS a mediocre replacement'.

Agree Lilyflower, better the devil you know until after the world cup.

As for the pay off....the FA signed the contract with him, it should be honoured.

Replacement? Don't know but get back to an Englishman. Ipswich have supplied two England managers, one the most successful ever, the other wasn't that far behind him, but the current bozo is a no no.