Dukes Express Chiang Mai?

CNXTim

the dukes buger on the moat was never a francise, they just bought all there product from the real duke guy, has loco elvis closed also? i talked a lot to them while they were opening and i thought they were expecting a brisk farang bussness all off season, they spent alot fixing the place up and their rent was very high, i loved their burgers and spirt hope they make a come back

• Like 1

the dukes buger on the moat was never a francise, they just bought all there product from the real duke guy, has loco elvis closed also? i talked a lot to them while they were opening and i thought they were expecting a brisk farang bussness all off season, they spent alot fixing the place up and their rent was very high, i loved their burgers and spirt hope they make a come back

Loco Elvis is still going. Everytime I pass by, they seem to be doing a fair amount of business.

They've got some kinda farang karaoke stage going and that seems to be popular with some of the tourists.

I've had "issues" with their food a couple of times, so I've sworn off eating there. However, given the amount of cute tourist girls I see in there for the karaoke every night, might be worth popping in for a beer or 6......teen. burp.gif

-Mestizo

Edited by Mestizo

on the topic of burgers... what are the chances we will ever see Spanky's re-open?

One in a million - or maybe in what - 8 years???

Did Bob seriously have a trial already and get sentenced to 8 years? I haven't heard any news on this and have been wondering...

-Mestizo

on the topic of burgers... what are the chances we will ever see Spanky's re-open?

One in a million - or maybe in what - 8 years???

Did Bob seriously have a trial already and get sentenced to 8 years? I haven't heard any news on this and have been wondering...

-Mestizo

I was told by someone who is in contact with him that he did a plea bargain and got a reduced sentence. But I forget the exact amount of time he will have to serve. 8 years comes to mind but I am not 100% sure on that.

I have been wondering what happened.

The Duke's burgers were usually pretty decent. A few times they had a temp cook who overcooked them, but generally, they were worth the ride into town for.

This was my last burger at Dukes. I have no idea why I took the picture at the time, but everything happens for a reason.

Farewell my burger...I will always love thee.

post-21832-0-07603300-1346060541_thumb.j

Edited by DLock

• 3 weeks later...

Never been to the one in Taipei, but have you noticed how McDonalds places abroad always stink, a sort of pulverised lip-gristle-hoof-ear cooking type smell?

not really.

Where did you encounter cooking that smelled like that was it considered exotic?Never having exoerianced it I cannt for the life of me conceive of what it would smell like. Obviously you have was the taste OK?

Home-made-fries & juicy-home-made-burgers. Choices of bacon, cheese and a fried egg, come give it a try, we sell a lot of them.

http://www.riderscor...ation_biker_bar

so where can I get a decent burger and fries?

Don't get down in that area often as I am not a rider but meaning to give it a try. I see where pickles has a hamburger now also going to have to try that one also.

Never been to the one in Taipei, but have you noticed how McDonalds places abroad always stink, a sort of pulverised lip-gristle-hoof-ear cooking type smell?

Have you ever taken the "patty" out of the bun, scraped all the crap off and tasted it? They taste of nothing, or no 'meat' I have ever tasted. Obviously cows/buffaloes/dogs combo of noses, ears, bladders and eyes have no taste...

• Like 1

This was no wanna be Dukes joint. The Burgers were exactly the same as The Duke's, only cheaper. They also had a special where they throw in a free lemonade or sweet tea with free refills.

Gotta hand it to you.

For a newcomer you hit the nail on the head. All the franchise Dukes did was cook the hamburgers and fries that had been prepared at the Dukes on the river.

Dolly,

You keep calling posters "newcomers".... How long have you been here?

MSPain

Dolly a ledgend in her own lunch time!tongue.png

Have you ever taken the "patty" out of the bun, scraped all the crap off and tasted it? They taste of nothing, or no 'meat' I have ever tasted. Obviously cows/buffaloes/dogs combo of noses, ears, bladders and eyes have no taste...

ah, but you can really taste the hog anus...(Homer, complaining that Apu cleaned the hot-dog machine): Homer: Without the grease, all you can taste is the hog anus.

To answer hello Dolly's question I used to go in McD in

England for a chocolate shake quite regularly. They really did seem to stink and it was obviously the burgers. No I didn't eat them, probably not since a decade before had I tried one. They're a bit of a joke actually, kind of a confidence trick pulled on the US and other populations. A testament to the power of conditioning and advertising and "it's OK because everyone else does it". To answer you Sharktooth, no I haven't taken one apart thankyou very much. But I can well recall them, and every component part is itself a joke. Not only the "meat", but the single bit of limp lettuce and the so called bun which you'd lose if o had a big cavity and which is a very distant relation to bread.

Edited by cheeryble

England for a chocolate shake quite regularly. They really did seem to stink and it was obviously the burgers. No I didn't eat them, probably not since a decade before had I tried one. They're a bit of a joke actually, kind of a confidence trick pulled on the US and other populations. A testament to the power of conditioning and advertising and "it's OK because everyone else does it". To answer you Sharktooth, no I haven't taken one apart thankyou very much. But I can well recall them, and every component part is itself a joke. Not only the "meat", but the single bit of limp lettuce and the so called bun which you'd lose if o had a big cavity and which is a very distant relation to bread.

The McDonalds at Thapae Gate stinks too. Smells like something died in there and always has.

Actually in the West, McDonald's tastes pretty good considering the very fast service and cheap price. In Thailand they are nothing to get excited about, but are better burgers than most of the ones that you can get elsewhere, which is not saying a lot, because the beef here sucks. Needless to say, they are not very good for your health, but most fast food is not.

Edited by Ulysses G.

The McDonalds at Thapae Gate stinks too. Smells like something died in there and always has.

I agree. In my experience the Mc outlets on Night Bazar and in Big C are much better. Cleaner, consistent food and staff that generally seem to know what they are doing. cool.png