Thai Marine Plunges To His Death In Sattahip After Parachute Fails

Rimmer

Thai Marine plunges to his death in Sattahip after parachute fails

SATTAHIP:--A Royal Thai Marine plunged to his death after his parachute failed during a training jump in Sattahip District on Monday and fell onto the front porch of a house located close to the Navy Base.

Police Colonel Chonapat, Chief of Sattahip Police attended the scene at the Egthani Village. Behind a gate of one of the houses was the body of Petty Officer First Class Rattapon aged 35. His parachute was still attached to him and it was clear the chute had failed.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/60863/thai-marine-plunges-death-sattahip-parachute-fails/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-08-21

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Any time I hear of someone tragically dying in this manner, it takes me back to my youth and makes me think of the Roadrunner cartoon where the Coyote opens his chute and forks, knives, and spoons come out of it.

Any time I hear of someone tragically dying in this manner, it takes me back to my youth and makes me think of the Roadrunner cartoon where the Coyote opens his chute and forks, knives, and spoons come out of it.

Good to have you back Tokay. Where have you been?

Good to have you back Tokay. Where have you been?

Been out of the country. Just got back last week and am visiting a friend in Chiang Mai. I was surprised to find that Thailand did not miss me. :-)