Maybe A Stupid Question But I Just Want To Be Sure...

..I have a visa already, type 'B' multiple entry, it was issued on 15 Sept 2011, and it says it must be utilized by 15 Sept 2012. Does this mean that if I arrive on or before 15 Sept 2012 into Thailand (I am currently figuring out when to book flights from Europe), that I will be issued a 3 month visa stamp?

If this is true, then is it ok to arrive on 15 Sept, or should I try arrive on 14 Sept into BKK to be sure?

Looking at all my old Non Imm O visas (stamp type, from honorary consulates), "must be used before" date is one day less than issue day, e.g. issued May 15, 2005, "must be used before May 14, 2006"

Sticker visas (from MFA consulates) have "date of expiry" on day before "date of issue" Per above example, May 15, 2005 issue day, May 14, 2006 "date of expiry."

I think in both cases I would have been allowed in on May 14, 2006, even tho' one says use "before" this date. But not on May 15, 2006 -- the anniversary of the issue date.

it was issued on 15 Sept 2011, and it says it must be utilized by 15 Sept 2012.

Best check those "issue" and "utilize" dates again. At least in my experience, which is, however, historical, it says utilize date is not the same as the issue anniversary date.

Interesting, Maestro. But why am I not surprised consulates aren't consistent.rolleyes.gif

Here are my examples from US consulates:

Just wanted to give the OP a "heads up" for a double check of his dates....

....that some consulates (apparently not the one he went to) dock a day from the validity time frame.

If above is too small to read, DC visa is issued on 9 Dec, with date of expiry 8 Dec of the following year. Houston visa issued on 14 Dec, with "must be utilized BEFORE 13 Dec" of the following year.

Edited by JimGant