Black Tint Film On Car, Advices ?

JohanBKK

Hello,

I asked the price for a black tint film for my car and Honda quoted a price of arround 7 000 baht.

I'm also concerned about visibility at night, i don't want to be seen but i want to see clearly.

Maybe i should order a tint film on internet from a trusted brand ?

Thanks.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget the internet with so many shops around that do it

My first car a few years back I did too dark and had to roll down the windows at night whenever I was turning or pulling out because it was way to dark

new car is tinted lighter but don't have that problem

my eyes aren't geting any younger !

I got a new 4DR Isuzu back in March, and went with 3M Crystalline C70 on the windshield and C40 on the sides and back. Total cost was 15,000, and they (Variety Car) did a great job.

I had Lamina film on my last pickup, and it was okay but the Crystalline (IMO) is much better and well worth the extra money.

Keep in mind, whatever shade you select in daylight will be exponentially darker at night. Also, the Honda dealer is not going to actually install the film, they’ll just have someone come in and do it. Make sure when you get your price, the exact film you want is specified on the order.

What is the thai law for tinted windows ?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

By law, normally no more than 40 % tint is allowed on any window. This law is unknown from the vast majority of the Thai. I got 60 % on the sides and 40 % on the windshield and rear window. I tried it at night under the rain and it still is workable. in daytime, occupants of the car can still be seen inside, even through side windows.

By law, normally no more than 40 % tint is allowed on any window. This law is unknown from the vast majority of the Thai. I got 60 % on the sides and 40 % on the windshield and rear window. I tried it at night under the rain and it still is workable. in daytime, occupants of the car can still be seen inside, even through side windows.

How do they (bib) check if it's 30, 40 or 60 % tinted? Does one have to show a document from the manufacturer? blink.png

Edited by Semper

How do they (bib) check if it's 30, 40 or 60 % tinted? Does one have to show a document from the manufacturer? blink.png

It’s not that complex, if they think it’s too dark they write you up. (or shake you down)

Doesn’t the percentage refer to the amount of visible light that get through the film? At least on the 3M, the higher percentage is lighter tint than the lower numbers.

That's the first time I've heard that, not with my 3M film.

Get the silver reflective, people are not looking at you but at themselves....

For me 40% my 1st car in 2004 = 40% all round, next car the same, sadly I went with the salesman and had 60% on the 1st pickup, far to dark at night and if raining a nightmare, since then to present pickup has 40% reflective all round....

On my house I fitted 60% reflective myself on all sides of the house.

From the 3M Website:

3M Crystalline Automotive Window Films 40

39% Visible Light Transmitted

59% Total Solar Energy Rejected

66% On Angle†

97% Infrared Rejected††

50% Solar Heat Reduction

6% Visible Light Reflection Int.

7% Visible Light Reflection Ext.

99.9% UV Rejected

56% Glare Reduction

3M Crystalline Automotive Window Films 50

50% Visible Light Transmitted

56% Total Solar Energy Rejected

63% On Angle†

97% Infrared Rejected††

46% Solar Heat Reduction

7% Visible Light Reflection Int.

8% Visible Light Reflection Ext.

99.9% UV Rejected

43% Glare Reduction

3M Crystalline Automotive Window Films 60

61% Visible Light Transmitted

52% Total Solar Energy Rejected

61% On Angle†

97% Infrared Rejected††

41% Solar Heat Reduction

8% Visible Light Reflection Int.

8% Visible Light Reflection Ext.

99.9% UV Rejected

31% Glare Reduction

3M Crystalline Automotive Window Films 70

68% Visible Light Transmitted

50% Total Solar Energy Rejected

59% On Angle†

97% Infrared Rejected††

38% Solar Heat Reduction

9% Visible Light Reflection Int.

9% Visible Light Reflection Ext.

99.9% UV Rejected

23% Glare Reduction

Perhaps other companies rate it differently, but I have 3M C40 on the sides and C70 on the windshield and the sides are much darker.

I have 3M

The dealer put it on when we bought the car.

in terms of higher is darker, I went 80 on the sides and back and 60 on the front.

From the outside, you cannot see who is in the car.

The front is fine, have to roll the side down to turn into an unlit street on a dark night, can see lit cars and bikes ok.

Go to an independent shop and you will probably get a cheaper quote than the dealer.

Hello Ignis,

regarding the house, where have you bought the film and how much was it?

No idea where the shop is now [Pillars for the new BTS line are where the shop was in Nonthaburi area] Price sorry cannot remember, bought it by the meter off the roll way back early 2004

Was on a minibus a while back that had "Hi Kool" film on the windows.

It was mirror reflective from the outside but hardly noticeable from the inside and at night you could see out just like it was normal glass. No need to wind down the windows.

smile.png

Doesn’t the percentage refer to the amount of visible light that get through the film? At least on the 3M, the higher percentage is lighter tint than the lower numbers.

I think you're correct.

i would think it was the other way round.

The higher the % the darker the tint.

I think you're correct.

No

,it is how much light is blocked

60 on my first car was way to dark at night

40 on my car and truck now

None on the front. I need to see everything coming at me here in Thailand

I think you're correct.

No

,it is how much light is blocked

60 on my first car was way to dark at night

40 on my car and truck now

None on the front. I need to see everything coming at me here in Thailand

It all depends of the film you are using. They placed Lamina Pop on my side windows (60 %), and I still see well enough out at night. I have not tried it yet on dark country roads, though. And with 40 % on the front and back windshield, I see perfectly.

I have 60% on sides and back, 40% on front. Seems standard. Fine in daytime, windscreen still absorbs a lot of heat. However, night time is not comfortable driving and rainy season, smoky night time driving is dangerous. Did 180km nightime in Feb/March in the north down the 106, was very difficult.

I think i will order 60% on front and 80% on all the other windows.

They quoted 8100 Baht for Lamina for my Honda Accord.

I really do not advise 80 % on side windows. The side windows are vital for you to see your mirrors or identify bikes which have no light on at night, or incoming traffic at intersections (do not forget that a lot of engines travel at night with no lights whatsoever!). With 80 % film, it gets very tricky at night or in rainy times.

I think i will order 60% on front and 80% on all the other windows.

They quoted 8100 Baht for Lamina for my Honda Accord.

I really do not advise 80 % on side windows. The side windows are vital for you to see your mirrors or identify bikes which have no light on at night, or incoming traffic at intersections (do not forget that a lot of engines travel at night with no lights whatsoever!). With 80 % film, it gets very tricky at night or in rainy times.

Don't forget indoor parking.