What;S The Story About All Those Bars Below Tiger That Burnt Down?

steelepulse

Are they allowed to open? Will Tiger group compensate these bar owners as I can't see punters wanting to be below the burnt out buildings. Was there some sort of blanket insurance to cover catastrophic events? Did the Tiger group sublease all those bars out, or is there a different landlord?

I haven't been to Bangla for years so I don't really know what's going on there, but I sure hope the Tiger group man's up and takes care of these people, not just the actual victims for headlines sake.

They wouldn't actually "offer" to move the publicans below the old Tiger to the new Tiger now would they? :)

A few years ago Tiger Disco was above an open bar complex on the right-hand side of Bangla, as you walk towards the beach. Am I right in thinking the Tiger Disco that was burnt down is a newer building, on the left-hand side of Bangla? If so, what happened to the old Tiger?

It say's the bottom bars can stay in this PG article.

http://www.phuketgaz...able-16718.html

Yes its says ...

“We recommend that the building [Tiger Discotheque] be torn down, but the bars on the ground-floor level can stay,” he added.

Hard to see how the lower bars can operate while the floor above is torn down. Way I hear it the entire building will be rebuilt, but hey who really knows except the Tiger owner. Lucky he has the new Tiger just about open .. wink.png

It say's the bottom bars can stay in this PG article.

http://www.phuketgaz...able-16718.html

Yes its says ...

“We recommend that the building [Tiger Discotheque] be torn down, but the bars on the ground-floor level can stay,” he added.

Hard to see how the lower bars can operate while the floor above is torn down. Way I hear it the entire building will be rebuilt, but hey who really knows except the Tiger owner. Lucky he has the new Tiger just about open .. wink.png

Spooky wouldnt ya say !!!!!!!

Interestinly enough, have you noticed the 3 security guards standing outside the new Tiger with the upper floor stairs gated off? Walked by yesterday and noticed it.

BTW, the rumours in Patong are really flying about the tragedy. Whether true or not, they are quite vivid.

Interestinly enough, have you noticed the 3 security guards standing outside the new Tiger with the upper floor stairs gated off? Walked by yesterday and noticed it.

BTW, the rumours in Patong are really flying about the tragedy. Whether true or not, they are quite vivid.

I like a good rumour or two, what's flying about geriatrickid?

I like a good rumour or two, what's flying about geriatrickid?

30-50 people died and the bodies were covertly taken away and dumped.

This comes from a management level Thai at a resort here in Patong. Ate dinner last night and I get the whispered story. I don't believe this story as one cannot just move out 30-50 corpses and dump them without anyone seeing or talking. I said family members would be making inquiries, to which the response was , but they are bar staff, from issan, no one would know since bar staff don't tell families they work in a bar etc.

This is an unfounded rumour with no basis, but illustrates what happens in a municipality where corruption is the presumed m.o. and no one will accept an official explanation, particularly when the explanations are inconsistent. First it was a lightening strike, then the electrical systems commissioner says no and explains why not, only to disappear from public view and to not take anymore questions.

• Like 2

Updated:

Very fortunate the tiger owners had a new (owned by tiger group premises not leased) tiger bar about to open and it being so near the old (leased not owned) tiger premises. Even with good insurance it would have been very costly and difficult to get the old tiger rebuilt and opened. The obscure reports would be partly due to the tiger owners focus on the new tiger. I can't see the owners rebuilding as a rebuilt old tiger would be competing with the new tiger. Makes one wonder what the tiger owners would do had the yet to be explained fire not occurred?

I note the prevailing sentiment from governing authorities is that the burnt-out tiger be demolished. A sentiment reached before the cause of the fire or the number and identity of the lost souls has been established. I would like to hear the landowner’s point of view as he has lost a valuable tenant and has been left with a site with a tarnished reputation while at the same time facing a less them warm response to any future development application, particularly if said application is for a night club.

• Like 1