Did Most Thai Visa Members Meet Their Wife In A Bar Or Not

ozziebloke

"most Thai visa fellows who are married to Thais, probably met the gals in bars - though few would deign to admit it."

I read this on a different thread and was wondering how close to the mark this poster was or how far away he was? I for one did not meet my missus in a bar! I didn't even meet her in Thailand. Any ideas ?

Edited by Rimmer
: Font size reset.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have a search and you will find many many many topics (some even with Polls) on this subject.

I wasn't meaning of ideas where to research. I was more asking for opinions! Sorry if i didn't word it correctly

So it begins. Again and again and again . . . .

"So it begins. Again and again and again . . . ."

What begins again ?? i,m just asking a question! If there are forums already going on this topic ? I'm sorry to double up! But i have not seen them. If you don't have anything to inform about my question why even say anything ?

• Like 1

Sorry OP this is been there done that a million times. Would rather you start a topic about Cricket Results down-under even though its not Thai related, other than the fact that there are Aussies here I guess who like to drone on about cricket results - that would be more exciting.

Any ideas ?

....what, where you met her? Massage parlour in Sydney?

Ok ANY IDEAS was not the correct words !!!! i should have said opinions on how you met your wife! Did you meet her in a Bar or not ? How difficult is it to ask a question without being castigated??? And that is a very ignorant statement Upnotover! do you refer to all that have Thai wives as being prostitutes??

What begins again ?? i,m just asking a question! If there are forums already going on this topic ? I'm sorry to double up! But i have not seen them. If you don't have anything to inform about my question why even say anything ?

The point being that this topic has been covered so many times before.

Any ideas ?

Ok ANY IDEAS was not the correct words !!!! i should have said opinions on how you met your wife! Did you meet her in a Bar or not ? How difficult is it to ask a question without being castigated??? And that is a very ignorant statement Upnotover! do you refer to all that have Thai wives as being prostitutes??

You feel castigated ? Then take note and close your thread. coffee1.gif

NOT AGAIN, please. sad.png

If you met ''your'' lady that way and don't want to feel alone, well fine, l suppose wink.png ,

but why the interest ? coffee1.gif

as my heading stated i did not meet my missus in a Bar i didn't even meet her in Thailand! I was asking the question because it was posted on another thread that "most Thai visa fellows who are married to Thais, probably met the gals in bars - though few would deign to admit it."

If you have heard all this before like the two comments earlier that is fine. But not everyone has talked about this ! My interset is if his statement is even close to being true? If your not interested then don't reply and go read something else.

The point being that this topic has been covered so many times before.

And what does this have to do with anything ? It cant be discussed again ? Your rules ? I havn't discussed this before so that is the reason i asked the question

Any ideas ?

Why close it ? if nobody wants to add anything to the thread then it will die a natural death by itself.

Any ideas ?

Why close it ? if nobody wants to add anything to the thread then it will die a natural death by itself.

Your Street Cred here perhaps . smile.png

OP, just asking the question alone, regardless of the fact that it's been asked, debated and answered hundreds of times, shows how little you know about the environment here. It's not just a niave question it's one that pops into the heads of most people at some early stage in their life here before the coin drops and they realize that oh, ok, the bar/bar girl scene is just a very very very small part of the overall picture in Thailand so why would I even ask such a question.

Might be maybe because i have never been to a bar in Thailand and i have never seen a thread relating to this topic. i don't mind being niave about anything i have not had any history with as that is how i learn

OP, just asking the question alone, regardless of the fact that it's been asked, debated and answered hundreds of times, shows how little you know about the environment here. It's not just a niave question it's one that pops into the heads of most people at some early stage in their life here before the coin drops and they realize that oh, ok, the bar/bar girl scene is just a very very very small part of the overall picture in Thailand so why would I even ask such a question.

Might be maybe because i have never been to a bar in Thailand and i have never seen a thread relating to this topic. i don't mind being niave about anything i have not had any history with as that is how i learn

Ok fair doos, but I've never been to Aus yet I'm told most Aussie's who live in Thailand are from Melbourne, the bar girl question is at the same level, with a little bit of thought I could figure out that neither one is correct or even makes sence. But there again, if what I wanted to do was to annoy/antagonise a large portion of Australian society I suppose I could ask that question on a social networking site!

I am sure PattayaParent will be along in a minute and tell you to UTFSE !!smile.png

UTFSE?

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/UTFSE

As they've said, it's been asked many times before.

Also, what do you really expect people to say? Yes my wife is/was a hooker?

If anyone actually answered the question clown would pile on and say BS I know your wife and ....

They are really just trying to help you

Ok fair doos, but I've never been to Aus yet I'm told most Aussie's who live in Thailand are from Melbourne, the bar girl question is at the same level, with a little bit of thought I could figure out that neither one is correct or even makes sence. But there again, if what I wanted to do was to annoy/antagonise a large portion of Australian society I suppose I could ask that question on a social networking site!

No, Melbourne is probably ok, they might be upset if your said Campbelltown or Broadmeadows..

• Like 1

I make occasional surveys among farangs that I meet with regard to this subject. Clearly, no farang in his right mind would marry a prostitute in his home country. Why marry one of those in Thailand? They are all respectable ladies with a backgroung of banking, insurance, hotel management, etc.

The only thing that puzzles me is that ex- bankers can not add 50 plus 25 without using a pocket calculator. Ex- insurance folks freely explain that it ts something very much related to a lottery, where you can win after you have lost before. Ex-hotel management can operate any type of hotel elavator blindfolded, due to past experience.

But I am willing to accept as an explanation, that the educational system can not yet be compared to other countries.

Cheers.

PS: Hehe. / Lol.

UTFSE = Use The Forum Search Engine

Why? I asked a question ! if you do not have anything to add other than you have heard this before. Why join the thread ? Not everyone here have talked about this. It's easy !! if this is old news to you then read something else and don't try to moderate what other OP's want to ask.

Why? I asked a question ! if you do not have anything to add other than you have heard this before. Why join the thread ? Not everyone here have talked about this. It's easy !! if this is old news to you then read something else and don't try to moderate what other OP's want to ask.

Don't think you understand what some here (me) are trying to say. sad.png

I was merely responding to your question here !

I am sure PattayaParent will be along in a minute and tell you to UTFSE !!smile.png

UTFSE?