D1 And D2 Gears Not Working

Jonny B

Actually havnt tried it downhill yet. The engine still seems powerful enough when leave it in drive but when try go up a steep hill amd change to d1 or d2 its got nothing.

Sent from my GT-P1000T using Thaivisa Connect App

But why would you do that while going uphill? It will automatically shift down, you don't need to do that. D2 and D1 are meant to go downhill, or uphill if for some reason the engine is rapidly shifting gears up and down.

What I asked (rephrased) was does the transmission shift down on it's own when you go up hills? When you press the pedal to the floor when overtaking does it shift down?

If you put the transmission in D1 and pull out of your drive what happens?

Or is it that in D1 on a long hill the engine is running out of puff/revs/???

Petrol or LPG?

Edited by VocalNeal

Just to clear a thought in my grey cells, take out the dipstick and smell the oil/fluid on the stick, should smell sweet and not a burnt smell. Also that it is still a nice light pink colour. smile.png

Smell sweet and a nice light pink colour, yes you should have plenty fluid on the stick with this type of finding.

• Like 1

Also that it is still a nice light pink colour. smile.png

Unless he is using B&M Trick Shift Trans Fluid, then it should be green or blue (can't remember, long time ago) sad.png

Noooooooooooo, it's all pink for us lot. smile.png

Green!

Your colour blind. laugh.png

Hi,

Not sure if this helps or not.

A friend of mine had a similar problem with his autobox, It was a GMC truck, but i believe autoboxes are similar in design except for the DSG type. He did a bit of research on the o/c websites & it was correctly diagnosed be 2 solenoids that had malfunctioned. He changed them himself.

Have you tried doing a search on the Honda o/c websites?

good luck

Chris