My Biggest Mistake In Thailand.......

theblether

My biggest mistake in Thailand was to get roped into a business deal on my second trip........it cost me a lot of time, but not a lot of money, however time is money.

What was your biggest mistake?

Edited by theblether

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be Arthur.....let's see what happens. I'll go put on my flame retardent clothing in the meantime.

Anyway.....plenty of people like to boast about how switched on and perfect they are.......how about the disasters? We've all had them.

• Like 1

I did uncountable mistakes, but i'll tell you a funny one..

..One morning, at a beach restaurant, i noticed a young foreign girl having troubles to get hot water from the kettle.. Promply i smiled at her and offer to help.. Gosh, i was too quick to push the top of the kettle, and she got the boiling water on her hand ermm.gif

Oh, the evil look she gave me.. I could not stop laughing for the rest of the day whistling.gif

Not realizing that coming to Thailand can apparently make you bisexual.

ph34r.png

You feel you've been missing out then?

I don't....but then I am a bit prudish when it comes to that stuff....neus.gif

laugh.png

Don't worry it's normal.

No it's not.

Yes it is.

Repeat until bored.

• Like 2

The bar......huge mistake. sad.pngbah.gifbah.gif

What happened? I love failed bar stories.

It failed. Mind you I learnt that farang expats are to be trusted far less than the indigenous population so that makes the loss of a few quid somewhat worthwhile in the long run.

I love to hear success stories myself....it seldom happens on here though.

It failed. Mind you I learnt that farang expats are to be trusted far less than the indigenous population so that makes the loss of a few quid somewhat worthwhile in the long run.

it was unsuccessful at serving failures. big surprise there. next time make some food or something useful, rather then drowning us in cheap piss water.

• Like 1

it was unsuccessful at serving failures. big surprise there. next time make some food or something useful, rather then drowning us in cheap piss water.

Thanks for the constructive advice! smile.png

Listening to the advice of a Thai Lawyer who stated catergoricaly that I could buy a house in my own name!

I'm one of the few lucky ones though, who much later came out of it OK ,and only lost 50,000 bahts,so i'm not too upset. So be careful Newbies to Thailand,you make your biggest mistakes in the first 6 months in Thailand.

I don't think Thai Visa was in existance at that particular time.

Edited by MAJIC
  • Like 1

I thought it would be nice to make a short (one line) speech at my wedding... I intended to say sawadee crap, carp cun crap (hello, thankyou) but I fluffed it and it came out as a meaningless mumble... luckily only 500 people were there.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

• Like 1

Listening to the advice of a Thai Lawyer who stated catergoricaly that I could buy a house in my own name!

I thought you could buy the house but not the land.

Yes! on a 30 year lease,which is not the same as ownership,Or in your Company name,which is still not the same as your ownership.And you are correct you can't buy the land.

Edited by MAJIC

Believing that EVERYTHING is cheaper. I was surprised after I did all my own homework how misguided and misinformed most are. I guess it must be all that CHEAP crap beer that they drink.smile.png

On Edit: You can buy an excellent quality beer in the states for nearly 25% cheaper then you can buy a bottle of Leo

Edited by JAFO

A couple of times I nearly suffered a painful death-by-chillies (I suffered the pain but didn't actually die) all because I was too embarrassed to say the food was too spicy for me.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules