My Biggest Mistake In Thailand.......

theblether

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to the advice of a Thai Lawyer who stated catergoricaly that I could buy a house in my own name!

I thought you could buy the house but not the land.

Yes! on a 30 year lease,which is not the same as ownership,Or in your Company name,which is still not the same as your ownership.And you are correct you can't buy the land.

Not correct but they have you thinking that

Go to BOI several programs where you can buy. Some developers only build for expat buyers

1 way is transfer over 30m baht. can buy up to 2 rai land and home

First few nights. Overpaid for room by 50%, taxi a took me half a mile and charged 300 baht and a certain someone got paid twice as I forgot I had paid already.

Three days in I had been done over a few times but lost a paltry amount and met some good friends who set me right.

I want to do something constructive with my time here but setting up a business here looks fraught with woes.

Opening this thread.

wink.png

Don't worry it's normal.

No it's not.

Yes it is.

Repeat until bored.

Everyone makes mistakes - the important thing is not to make the same mistake twice as you have done. sad.png

Edited by Payboy

In my drinking days, arriving in Bkk for my flight home a full 24 hours before I was meant to. Party time in Bkk to the extent that I was late for my (actual) correct checkin and missed the flight. Lucky I was only going to Hong Kong and there were other flights available.

Live and learn; excellent adventure!!

Edit: Typo

Edited by chrisinth

Biggest mistake I made was moving here and taking some time to find my own independence. I was quite dependent in many ways with my boyfriend when I first got here. Now I am my own person and much more independent. I actually feel more secure like this. :)

• Like 2

Ordering a banana milkshake in such horrendous Thai language that I actually ordered a semen milkshake. I was shooed away until I pointed at a banana in a bowl sitting on the counter.

• Like 2

Biggest mistake I made was moving here and taking some time to find my own independence. I was quite dependent in many ways with my boyfriend when I first got here. Now I am my own person and much more independent. I actually feel more secure like this. smile.png

Same here, only in my case it was my husband....

Ordering a banana milkshake in such horrendous Thai language that I actually ordered a semen milkshake. I was shooed away until I pointed at a banana in a bowl sitting on the counter.

That is why i fear ordering pancakes banana in Thai.

Listening to the advice of a Thai Lawyer who stated catergoricaly that I could buy a house in my own name!

I thought you could buy the house but not the land.

Yes! on a 30 year lease,which is not the same as ownership,Or in your Company name,which is still not the same as your ownership.And you are correct you can't buy the land.

Not correct but they have you thinking that

Go to BOI several programs where you can buy. Some developers only build for expat buyers

1 way is transfer over 30m baht. can buy up to 2 rai land and home

Well that's a new one on me,is that a recent devopment? and is the land definately in a Expats name with no strings attached?

I am surprised that didn't cause further confusion.

• Like 1