Dengue Fever

Last month on the estate where I live ( just close to the new Replay condo) five people contracted Dengue, myself included. Extremely unpleasant, fever, unbelievable joint pain and a terrible feeling of lack of energy. All joking aside about remedies, please take care, use pest control, don't let standing water accumulate anywhere and take all precautions you can. I would hate to see a baby, anyone elderly or weak contract it. I am relatively fit and it knocked me sideways.

samuijimmy

unfortunately it appears you don't understand how a scientific trial is carried out. Any claims by the manufacturers have to be scientifically veritable - by independent labs.

Trials on other substances have shown them not to be effective. I believe citronella has been shown to work to some degree though...you might want to check what else is in the substance though.

as for mozzies "flying around" - they have both limited flight range and life span. The females only bite and then sometimes only once in 24 hours.

Well perhaps you should read this.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citronella_oil

I would say a l lot of trails have been done on Citronella.. and proven to be effective.......coffee1.gif

If you want to find out, what is put into the locally produced spray bottle, the company address is 16 M.2 T Angthong, Koh Samui, Tel 077-420 535

Ingredient listed: 25% Citronella grass oil.... I would guess the remainder is crystal clear spring water...wink.png

Why don't you call them and ask? I really have better things to do! tongue.png

There a number of plants/ weeds grown on Samui and or Thailand (world) that can be used for various things.... probably for hundreds of years....

One very common weed will stop blood instantly from bleeding... even shaving cuts... thumbsup.gif

The sap of another small tree will promote faster healing of wounds and deep scraps. A local showed me that after a bike accident... Not something you would find in the "western medical books" .... cos being natural, they can not patent it... and make huge amounts of money... ...(and yes I do know they spend tons of money in research on trials for things) ....

In the mean time I for one will continue to use Citronella spray, because it works for me! thumbsup.gif

For those who don't know, Citronella grass can be easily grown here.... it looks like Lemon grass, but grows taller.... You can also crush the leaves and put on your skin.... or clothing.... As they locals say... "Up to you! " whether to try it or not... !wink.png

Are you suggesting I said "citronella" doesn't work?

No!!! I wouldn't dare do that! biggrin.png

But you did say "you might want to check what else is in the substance though" That is why I gave a phone number and address of the bottler here on Samui...

They seem to have two brand names available at various pharmacies or shops ... If anyone wishes to find out the "other ingredients" ...but ... I am guessing it is just water.... wink.png