Mass Killer Anders Breivik Sentenced To 21 Years In Prison

webfact

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From all accounts Swedish prisons are classed as good as your 5 star hotels he will enjoy a life of luxury without having to worry about paying any bills filling his belly with food to me that is not punishment !! R.I.P to those he killed and my thoughts and prayers to those who still suffer from this mad madmans actions .

please enlighten us to these "accounts" -

I suspect the poster has never stayed at a 5 star hotel either

Huh dunno why they dont just execute and not by lethal injection by gun.

Waste of money for the next 21 years, a clear cut case if ever there was one, no doubt the liberal brigade will be along shortly to chastise me.

Dont see the problem with execution at all in this case.

Not me, the Norge ''Special Forces'' should have done their job, it was a combat zone, all be it one sided. Any other country, the guy would be fertilizer, now the mums and dads have no closure. sad.png

Closure? - yet another amateur psychoanalyst - closure? - i think you should have listened to the victims and family on the news....

Edited by cowslip
  • Like 1

From all accounts Swedish prisons are classed as good as your 5 star hotels he will enjoy a life of luxury without having to worry about paying any bills filling his belly with food to me that is not punishment !! R.I.P to those he killed and my thoughts and prayers to those who still suffer from this mad madmans actions .

please enlighten us to these "accounts" -

I suspect the poster has never stayed at a 5 star hotel either

Don't quip.

We all know about his THREE room residence. Do you not remember for serious stuff, prisoners could be given HARD LABOUR, a punishment to fit a crime when spared THEIR life. Google it. rolleyes.gif

Waste of money for the next 21 years, a clear cut case if ever there was one, no doubt the liberal brigade will be along shortly to chastise me.

Not me, the Norge ''Special Forces'' should have done their job, it was a combat zone, all be it one sided. Any other country, the guy would be fertilizer, now the mums and dads have no closure. sad.png

Closure? - yet another amateur psychoanalyst - closure? - i think you should have listened to the victims and family on the news....

I am amateur in many ways, BUT if my daughters brains where un-collectable, and given the chance, the guy would be having chats with Adolf. You are different it seems and really are getting on my tits Mr. Quisling.

He will never, i repeat never, be accepted by any community, (besides a community of like-minded freaks and weirdos) no matter what he does.

If rehabilitated after serving his minimum sentence and is to be freed, than surely it is the duty of the government to provide a new idenity and life for him.

Deary me. What an upside down world we live in when we start talking about the duty that the government has to mass murderers!

The government has a duty to all its citizens. The individual has received his punishment for the crimes commited as seen fit by the legal system in place. Once that punishment has been served and if rehabilitation has taken place then it is time for his release back in to society. It is (or will be) the government's duty to protect their citizen from harm, through tax payer funded ID change programs.

Because some people don't agree with it doesn't change it.

• Like 1

Let's face it, 21 years isn't anywhere near enough but he's never realistically going to be released back into society. After all, Norway isn't some country that routinely pardons thousands of criminals each year (allowing them back out on the street to commit similar crimes) and I'm sure they'll apply the maximum cumulative sentence their laws allow overall.

Well, some of the victims families have the right to turn the other cheek and be forgiving, Jesus bless them.

But a government has not the right to turn the other cheek on the behalf of the victims, a government has the duty to deliver a proper sentence to criminals.

Now, if Norway is rich enough to provide all the comforts to breivik, good for him, personally i think it' s a slap in the face for all the law-abiding, hard working tax-payers.

Edited by mauGR1

Well, some of the victims families have the right to turn the other cheek and be forgiving, Jesus bless them.

But a government has not the right to turn the other cheek on the behalf of the victims, a government has the duty to deliver a proper sentence to criminals.

Now, if Norway is rich enough to provide all the comforts to breivik, good for him, personally i think it' s a slap in the face for all the law-abiding, hard working tax-payers.

Agree. AND the mums and dads. thumbsup.gif

I don`t see what Swedish prisons have to do with this. This maniac is going to spend the rest of his life in an Norwegian prison. I can assure you all that this has nothing to do with a life in luxury. After 10 years the court have to consider if he still are a threat to the community, and if they consider him to be that they just keep him in prison until he has served 21 years. After that the court has to do the same procedure every 5 years, and can do that until the bastard checks out of this world. He gets an 8 square meter cell, with a bed, a table, achair and a tv. Not much luxury. If he ever will be in the situation that he meet other inmates I think the courts work is over.

Another article describing his living accommodations during his incarceration.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Custom-built prison cell awaits Norwegian mass killer Anders Breivik

By Steve Mertl | Daily Brew – 13 hours ago

Those of you who think the Canadian prison system coddles criminals will be gobsmacked to learn what awaits Anders Breivik, who massacred 77 of his fellow Norwegians last year in the name of racial purity.

Friday is judgment day for Breivik, when a Norwegian court decides whether he is mentally fit to go to prison or insane, and so put under the care of psychiatrists.

According to The Associated Press, those hoping Breivik will be tossed in a hole to rot will be disappointed.

No matter what the court's decision is, Breivik will spend his days in a suite of cells built just for him.

http://ca.news.yahoo...-202539615.html

Espinoza, this post was made earlier referencing his future accommodations in the Norwegian prison.

I think the judges were in shock.

how much people you need to kill in Norway to get a death sentence????

According to their law, you could murder ALL of them and still get 21 years minus time served. I think Norway is a laughing stock for this. (And I consider myself a liberal and mostly anti-death penalty but when someone really deserves it, I feel no stress.)

I am against death penalty ; but this guy should have gotten a life sentence, with no chance of parole !!!!

Just because Norway is seen as a very civilised and fully democratic country, it shouldn't be exempt from harsh criticism of its legal system. You put it very well, Jingthing : I also think Norway is a laughing stock for this.

This man killed innocent children and has no remorse. Norway may feel that because they have no death penalty they are special or have a higher form of democracy. I feel they are absolutely wrong in this case and this animal should have received a death sentence. He will now live in solitary for 21 years probably no parole and maybe an extension of his sentence unless he shows remorse and good behavior. The victims families will never receive closure and will feel unsafe and tortured as long as he is still alive. Citizens of Norway will be paying the bill for Breivik's incarceration. So in essence everyone loses and is threatened except Breivik. He will probably write a book, gain popularity and god forbid, a copycat killer comes along and continues his mission. I say if he acts like an animal he should be treated as one would in a pack or herd under nature's laws. Sometimes animals behave more sanely than we do and have laws that are simple but fair. In a pack, herd, flock, etc a deranged animal that is threat to the group will be killed by the group swiftly and life goes on.

Animals do not envision future dystopias, plan out mass murders years in advance or see themselves as "warriors of light" or whatever he thinks he is. That type of behaviour is distinctly human.

I support Norway fully in their decision, and I do not believe that the families or society as a whole would be any happier by the death penalty.

Laugh all you want.

• Like 1

Justice is what we are taught to believe justice is. If you live in some countries, justice is stoning people to death, if you live in others it is a humane lethal injection. If you live in others it is 20+ years in prison.

If Norweigans as a nation are content with this punishment, I see no reason to complain. I am not going to worry too much until he comes up for parole.

Justice is what we are taught to believe justice is. If you live in some countries, justice is stoning people to death, if you live in others it is a humane lethal injection. If you live in others it is 20+ years in prison.

If Norweigans as a nation are content with this punishment, I see no reason to complain. I am not going to worry too much until he comes up for parole.

You are correct, but who makes any countries laws ? Not the ordinary Joe in the street, no referendum for this type of crime.

You are correct, but who makes any countries laws ? Not the ordinary Joe in the street, no referendum for this type of crime.

You are correct, the ordinary Joe behind his keyboard on TV doesn't make the law.

I support Norway fully in their decision, and I do not believe that the families or society as a whole would be any happier by the death penalty.

Laugh all you want.

+1

Sorry guys, but if it were my daughters head that disappeared l would find a way to end it. I might add that one Norge dad has stated that it is HIS intention. thumbsup.gif AND, good for him.

Everyone deserves a second chance.

Especially after rehabilitation.

Once released back into society under a new identity at the tax payer's expense, he may well go on to do some great things.

Hmmmmmm, what did you post. Sorry, which are YOUR words ?.

Everyone deserves a second chance.

Especially after rehabilitation.

Once released back into society under a new identity at the tax payer's expense, he may well go on to do some great things.

For sure, might get to 100 kids next time eh. coffee1.gif
  • Like 1