Multiple Applications For Tourist Visa

Hi. I am planning on coming to Thailand with a single entry Tourist visa. After the 30-day extension I will do border run into Laos to get a multiple entries Tourist visa. I am 62 years old and not wanting to get the O-A retirement yet.

- Will Immigration grant me the multiple entries Tourist visa as often as I apply for it? Or is there a limit to how many time I can apply for it?

- When Thai immigration "stamps my passport out", can I just return to get "stamped in" without having to go into Laos and apply for a Lao tourist visa. I am trying not to get my passport filled up with Lao visas.

- Let say I have a double entry visa with a validity of 60 days. After a month into my first two month initial visa, I leave the country and return just

two day before the end of the validity date to start my second part of the visa. Will I need a re-entry permit before leaving the country?

Or am I allowed to leave the country as often as I want to?

Thank you for your help

- regarding toruist visas there is no official limit, but in the region after a couple of tourist visas they might not issue a new one anymore.

- when leaving Thailand, you have to enter and leave nother country before you can come back (unless you travel by air)

- you do not need a re-entry permit in your scenario, a rentry permit would only keep your current permisison to stay alive. There is no multiple entry tourist visa, only single double or triple entries are granted so you cannot just come and go as you like. Each time will cost you an entry on your tourist visa.

Why not get a multiply before you leave home make it easy on yourself. Then again why not do the O-A instead as it is only a bit more work on your part. If you do not stay on the O-A you can leave go home and come back on a multiply entry the first year

Edited by moe666

Why don't you get a multiple entry non-o based upon being over 50. That would use up less space in your passport than a tourist visa because you not have the tourist visa extension stamps plus additional tourist visa stamps.

You could get an O at the honorary consulate inPortland in the US or in Australia (from your previous topic) at Brisbane.

Why not get a multiply before you leave home make it easy on yourself. Then again why not do the O-A instead as it is only a bit more work on your part. If you do not stay on the O-A you can leave go home and come back on a multiply entry the first year

And an O-A is actually good for two years, thanks to permission to stay stamps that, in effect, give you an extra year beyond your one-year visa. Of course, you need to buy a re-entry permit (single or multiple) for the year period after the visa expires if you want to come and go.