Question Over International Bank Transfers

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I need to send some money to thailand to the bank of ayudhya (krungsri.) from the uk I have the swiftcode (AYUDTHBK), the name of the recipient in thai (or english) and the account number.

Is that all I need and would the recipients name need to be in english or thai.

Thank you very much for your help.

The name of the account would need to match exactly as it is shown on the receiving account.

Watch the fee's and be aware there are many methods of transferring and fee's attached to it depending on method used and amount being transferred.

Edited by CharlieH

International transfers from uk to thailand. you need swift code name of recipient account number address of receiving bank. remember send pounds sterling let thai bank change to baht ,you get a better exchange rate.

• Like 1

Even if they don't mention it, advise the UK bank to avoid their usual middle name abbreviation and write your name in full as recorded by the Thai bank - SCB rejected a transfer sent to "Andrew J. Smith" on the grounds that they had only a "Andrew John Smith". It took me a while to discover this!

Even if they don't mention it, advise the UK bank to avoid their usual middle name abbreviation and write your name in full as recorded by the Thai bank - SCB rejected a transfer sent to "Andrew J. Smith" on the grounds that they had only a "Andrew John Smith". It took me a while to discover this!

So true. I never use my middle name but since SCB required my passport to open an account I must insure that everything that is done for them is in the same format as my passport to include the full middle name, not just a letter abbreviation for my middle name