Why Did You Join Tv, And What Do You Like About It?

pigeonjake

ill go first,,lol

i joined years ago when i finnaly said im going to go live there instead of living in england, mainly to get avice about farming,

and what i like is that you can get advice,also there is a bit of craic among the members,

jake

• Like 1

please dont mention waters breaking, my wifes due on the 14th sept and the little girl is kicking hell out of her allready..lol

and i cant get home till mid to end oct,

but ill tell you one thing my wife is very understanding, yes i hear some say she will be your away earning money,,lol, your right,

jingthing,,, i said why did you join TV not move to thailand,,lolcheesy.gif

sorry mate you must be hard of reading,,lol

there is some nice beaches for your water near chachansow, bang sawang or something like that, beautiful beaches, no falang, beaches were the thais go,

jake

I came to Thai Visa because my Thai customers told me our website was down.

I posted a question asking if someone in LOS could check and verify.

As it was a gambling site the mods deleted it....

Never did get my answer.

I came to Thai Visa because my Thai customers told me our website was down.

I posted a question asking if someone in LOS could check and verify.

As it was a gambling site the mods deleted it....

Never did get my answer.

You could have PM'd me and gave me some free dollars in my account. Would have gladly checked it daily for you. ;)

stumbled on it initially when looking for Visa information. Now living here and find it a useful site for fun, information and I am able to help others occasionally.

Likewise, I got a lot of useful information and support in the early days, and I like to think that I have been able to give something back to the community.

I have found that generally fellow posters are not a bad bad bunch and manage to offer advice with a bit of light hearted banter, what I still don't understand is why some people, thankfully a very small number, feel the need to abuse people who ask for advice.

• Like 1

Back in Canada I used to search a lot about Thailand.Posts from Thai visa threads often came high on the list. I would open and find it was just a dumb comment by some poster.I felt Thaivisa understood Dos fell to get such high levels in searchs but info was lacking.

Then I moved to Thailand and started reading the Nation online. Back then the Nation would post most recent posts from Thaivisa on their site.I started to read these posts. After a few years I thought I would join and humbly help all readers of Thaivisa So I joined and was able to alienate one and all of the Thaivisa members with my input.

Edited by lovelomsak
  • Like 1

I joined because I needed information about buying old wood, more specifically an old wood house. It turn out I was too late and it was not such a good deal anymore.

I stayed because I was bored to death in my new position in my company and TV provides much needed distraction during long hours at work.

I joined because I wanted to know where to find a gf, how to get married and how much to pay the wife per month. I'll probably start a topic asking how to get rid of her, in the near future. smile.png

Too late ....she has probably got one asking how to get rid of you already.

I came on here years ago for information ,then i got bored with who i was as i had posted so many times and became me ,i am sure that before to long the nervous surgeon will also go and like the pheonix come back in a new light .

ps why close the can coming to thailand make you bisexual thread ? that was wrong as everyone was very polite on it .

• Like 1

I joined for the ladyboy entries. I never knew so much about the secret lives of ladyboys and their admirers. It's like when I used to read the News of the World on the loo. It helps me with the bowel movements. Speaking of which, I also found that TVF held many health secrets, such as how to cure cancer through the use of enemas or special salves one buys via the internet. Also, I enjoy the exciting stories about the car crashes and mysterious deaths. No need for the telly when I can get good juicy vivid crime mysteries here. There are so many retired SAS, Green Berets, MI6, CIA, KGB, Mafiosos etc., that i know that if I need help, I can reach out and ask for help and many TVFers will come help me. I can't wait for the day when I am attacked by marauding ladyboys and I use the knowledge gained here to fend off the attack.

And the truth is that this is what i do when it is pouring as is the case in patong now and I can not get out because my stupid driver has gone off into a ditch because he was yapping on his cell phone to his g/f and I can't make it down the soi because there is flooding and I see the raw sewage floating about. There is hope because in the distance the grey is lighter, and the food carts are circulating on the soi. However, I am still not walking in the poo waste water. I am farang and will not sully myself like the unsuspecting tourists.

I'm only here for the beer. coffee1.gif

Edit: That's not strictly true, I enjoy roaming the forum and reporting people to the mods. Yes it was me! tongue.png

Always picked you for a Grass, a right little Nigel you were in school I bet.

• Like 1

I'm only here for the beer. coffee1.gif

Edit: That's not strictly true, I enjoy roaming the forum and reporting people to the mods. Yes it was me! tongue.png

Always picked you for a Grass, a right little Nigel you were in school I bet.

I haven't reported this post yet...but I'll think of something. :lol:

I joined TV a few days after it started. Can't recall the specific reason, or how I even stumbled across it.

At the time I was living on a small island in Myanmar as the only english speaking resident. The forum provided a social outlet, and I still fondly recall a lot of good banter as it was a much smaller community then.

It was also good for keeping up with Bangkok info as that was where I went regularly for breaks (whenever they let me off the island)

Still enjoy tv to this day :rolleyes:

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_918D using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

Visa info I think.

Didn't bother with it much before due to too many deeply bored, insecure, patronising, desperate for attention, desperate to be regarded, lacking in social skills, fantasists, alcoholics, bitter people , control freaks (delete as applicable) there were on here making the place not worth it before. They mostly seem to have disappeared now except some in the news and motoring section.

Much better now except some banter does seem to get taken seriously by some.

• Like 1

please dont mention waters breaking, my wifes due on the 14th sept and the little girl is kicking hell out of her allready..lol

and i cant get home till mid to end oct,

but ill tell you one thing my wife is very understanding, yes i hear some say she will be your away earning money,,lol, your right,

count your blessings! all girls born on any 14th September will grow up to be beautiful women. you will rake in sin sod beyond any expectation.

• Like 1

I joined TV 10 years ago looking for a better source of information than soc.culture.thai which started off well but slowly turned into a cesspool of trolls and flamers. Hmm, something like Thaivisa but without any controls. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Well ... I joined for the Farming Forum.

They are the salt of the Earth type of people.

Once they give their word that they are going to do something ... it gets done.

Similarly, once they say that they’ll never, ever venture far from their Farm Gate ... they can be trusted to do just that.

Or so I thought ... ermm.gif

• Like 1