Why Did You Join Tv, And What Do You Like About It?

pigeonjake

I joined (2003) after I got my PR (2002) and by a fluke. How, I do not have a clue. blink.png

Nothing to do with Visa's btw, just for a bit of fun.

In them days it was just that for me and a few more members. Had a great time with them as well, but sadly most have gone there own way and never to return. sad.png

Still here and have seen many changes to ThiaVisaDotCom. coffee1.gif So be it.

In the end, well, just lending a helping hand out to most of you Newer Members than myself. wai.gif

Win w00t.gif

I'm only here for the beer. coffee1.gif

Edit: That's not strictly true, I enjoy roaming the forum and reporting people to the mods. Yes it was me! tongue.png

Always picked you for a Grass, a right little Nigel you were in school I bet.

I haven't reported this post yet...but I'll think of something. laugh.png

Who is Nigel?

I'm only here for the beer. coffee1.gif

Edit: That's not strictly true, I enjoy roaming the forum and reporting people to the mods. Yes it was me! tongue.png

Always picked you for a Grass, a right little Nigel you were in school I bet.

I haven't reported this post yet...but I'll think of something. laugh.png

Who is Nigel?

I dunno, but I've always enjoyed grass.....

• Like 1

I thought it was a Thai dating site and joined by mistake coffee1.gif

sure looks like dating site with all these ads. hilarious ads tv put up with.

My point exactly.........

By the way I don't want to derail the thread however the other day I wrote the words Toyota Landcruiser on a topic and within 30 seconds my page was full of ads for 4 wheel drive vehicles.

That Google is scary blink.png

By the way I don't want to derail the thread however the other day I wrote the words Toyota Landcruiser on a topic and within 30 seconds my page was full of ads for 4 wheel drive vehicles.

You think that's scary ? I wrote Prince Albert on another topic and now the wife wonders why I have pictures of penis piercings all over the place biggrin.png

Edit. Oh sod it, I've done it again.

cheesy.gifclap2.gif

You think that's scary ? I wrote Prince Albert on another topic and now the wife wonders why I have pictures of penis piercings all over the place biggrin.png

I was doing a lesson on waterfalls at school, and I SWEAR I Googled Niagara, Unluckily for me, the projector was on and the results came up on the whiteboard...... Anyway, the long and the short of it is I am now urgently looking for another country to flee to and stumbled onto Thaivisa .... I felt instantly (or should that be insanely??) at home, God help me.

Some of the info in here has been very useful in planning my imminent exodus, so thanks to all those posters (especially in the Chiang Mai local forum). Elewhere, picking my way through a lot of the posts has been a bit fraught, and have twisted an ankle or two on all the toys that have been thrown out of certain prams. whistling.gif

Edited by Rob8891
  • Like 1

laugh.png

At least some of us will have an excuse for all the ladyboy services showing up on our screens

I joined in 2007. Whenever I googled something about Thailand, Thaivisa always came up with a thread on whatever information I was looking for. Then I got into reading the news on Thaivisa (which TV is good at keeping up with current events in Thailand).

The reason I stick around is that there are alot of Falangs posting about that I can abuse and insult with my posts. I am Thai. We do that. It's our "thing". ;)

• Like 1

I followed TV from almost when it started as it was all to do with Thailand.

In late 2006 I started to do research on visa to Thailand, and wanted to get updates, so joined.

Edited by kevjohn

I'm fat and dyslexic and I thought I was joining ryvita.com

<deleted> Thaddeus cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

That's probably the most honest answer in this thread...... God help us!! laugh.png

• Like 1

I joined Thai Visa in 2004,for just that, Visa advice,and then I discovered there was much more information about Thailand available.

Then of course there are the interesting Topics that take over after the initial Visa queries have been answered by the many knowledgable experts on Tv.

Later on my curiosity expanded into a real interest in the many people on Tv and their stories,and the many Great Characters onTv Forum.

Love them or hate them,for the most part,you can't ignore them.

And to uproot from their own Countries and choose to live in Thailand deserves a Medal/Badge,which states "I am not boring".

The boring ones are still talking about breaking away from the norm,and going away from the ritual Local Pub/Bar in their own,countries,with faithful Jack Russell Terrier by their side,same old bar stool,which they have occupied f

or years,same old,call "pint of best Landlord" live alone,and work cutting metal or working a fly press,for the last

30 years in their local Engineering works,these are the guys who will never get to Thailand,sorry about the

Stereotype,it can also take many other Stereotypes,which I don't particulary like,labeling people.

So my Cyber Friends,have a chat with the Guys that have had the guts to breakaway from the mold and left a c

omfortable life behind them,you may be surprised,the stories they have to tell, guaranteed it will not be boring!

The boring ones stay home,in their safe little environment!

So that's one thing I like about Thailand,I have met so many fascinating characters,from many other Countries in

Thailand,I could stay up all night typing,about them,so I will just say,thanks to all of you,for telling me your story.

Edited by MAJIC