How Has Coming To Thailand Changed Your Life,,?

pigeonjake

Back in the West I worked 12 hours a day six days a week and I paid for everything. Here my new wife works six days a week 12 hours a day and I stay home.

She just bought us a new house and I picked out the furniture. Real leather in living room and solid wood chairs and table in the dining room that will last at least 100 years.

I got HD TV and 200 channels and fast INTERNET service.

The beer was awful so I stopped drinking. Cigarettes were terrible too so I stopped them.

I got a new exercise program (The young Thai Wife exercise program) and I am getting in shape.

I Got a lot slower, more relaxed, more content and certainly happier in many ways.

Good for you Pigoenjake, seems you are as happy as the preverbial Pig in sh**.......thumbsup.gif

Edited by CharlieH

Well I'd never been able to afford a new house with a swimming back in the UK . It's also given me a fantastic life style a GF who loves the socks off me (genuinely ) and lower blood pressure so all in all it's change my life for the better.

i lived a retiree's life for 15 years before i moved to Thailand and have not paid any income tax in those 8 years i am now living in Thailand. except for the tax situation not much has changed. built a near identical house, hate to cross my property line as much as i hated it before.

some (minor) things have of course changed such as a lot of people who speak in tongues i don't understand, can't send the Mrs to a hardware shop to get me certain needed spare parts, the Mrs bitching (now considerably less) that i don't let her drive on the wrong side of the road among a zillion brain-amputated traffic participants, more Thai food (which i love) on the dining table, weight gain of 1.5kg per year (if i live long enough i might be able to roll), getting used to drive cars with the steering wheel on the right wrong side and last not least not to worry about any traffic violations.

• Like 1

If someone told me 2 years ago that I'd end up living in Thailand, I'd say they're crazy. It was supposed to be a 3 week vacation with my better half... While we were figuring out how to arrange future meetings, living together etc.. I got my first job offer. That turned my life upside down. I decided that it's a chance I might not get ever again, so I stayed. I must admit I wasn't really prepared, but I managed to sort out things quite well in the end.

I've been through the process of moving to a foreign country when I was young, so I've tried to do my best not to do the same mistakes my parents did back then. In a way, history is repeating, my father was the same age as I am now when we left our home country.

I like it here, surprisingly enough, because it's a different way of life, different people, different language. Unlike in the west, I have no drama going on regarding a few of my impairments. I would say I am happy here, but since life has shown me more than once that things can change quickly, I do not plan too much ahead and just wait for what's to come.

I do miss my home country, but I did so before as well, so I'm coping with that by stocking up some specific food, talking to fellow countrymen, friends and family.

• Like 1

I think its an interesting topic.

Living in Thailand has taught me to control my temper on the road.

Back in the UK if someone annoyed me whilst driving, I'd shout expletives and give them the 'bird'.

I wouldn't dream of doing that now (except under my breath biggrin.png ) - unless it was a Westerner. Even then, I wouldn't give them the gesture, and only shout if they'd seriously endangered my life.

Edited by F1fanatic

I can relate to OP in many ways. Coming to Thailand has made me happy. I lived alone most of my life. Because I didnot have family but actually wanted one I felt a strong need to stay active and work hard so perhaps a woman who see value in a clean living man with good hobbies.I travelled, I raced yachts,I ran long distance races, played court sports squash and racquetball. Basically worked hard at a clean lifestyle. I bought and sold properties like buying candy. The women in Canada appeared to look at me as a threat rather than desire me. I tried so hard to make it obvious I was a responsible man. They always passed me by for guys who talked a good talk but couldnot walk the walk.

I came to Thailand and found women who actually appeared to respect my efforts in life.I have met a woman who has changed my life completely. She gets up a 4 am to prepare for her day. She teachs then comes comes home and cooks for me does laundry, cleans the house.When I try to help she willnot let me.When i simply take out the garbage she is so greatful.She treats me so well that at first I felt so quilty it was hard to deal with it.I still want to contribute more but she constantly tells me I do too much already.

There isnot a thing around the house that has to be done that she will let me do.We needed a small brick wall done . She took me to buy the materials. When we got home she built the small wall and wouldnot let me help.

I have learnt that money is a very,very small part of a loving caring relationship.She has taught me the real feeling of unconditional love. Not simply because what she does but why she does it.I will never leave this country as long as I have her.

• Like 2

When I came to Thailand I met a girl that would actually have sex with me when I was in the mood.

(As opposed to the women in the UK that only had sex with me when they were in the mood, which was almost never).

Moving to Thailand changed my life!

So your saying you have sex with your wife even when she doesn't want to?....

That isn't really a very nice thing to do (never mind to boast about) in my opinion.

• Like 1

When I came to Thailand I met a girl that would actually have sex with me when I was in the mood.

(As opposed to the women in the UK that only had sex with me when they were in the mood, which was almost never).

That isn't really a very nice thing to do (never mind to boast about) in my opinion.

As she has never said she didn't want to, how could you possibly place me as 'the bad guy'

Seems to me, you just like to pick a fight.

It's changed my life because it is a totally different life than before.

I will bitch and moan about things and the frustrations in Thailand, sometimes I feel that I am on the brink of going crazy with the noise etc.

Yet when I visit the UK, I am like a fish out of water. I love the time with my family, but can't wait to get back home to Thailand.

• Like 1

As she has never said she didn't want to, how could you possibly place me as 'the bad guy'

Seems to me, you just like to pick a fight.

Didn't you just say on another thread,

"Thinking any Thai lady wants you (a white foreigner of any age) is weird (more like delusional). and only shouts out your lack of education and travel experience. I'm thinking that any man who moves in with any woman could be considered mentally borderline."

If you are mentally borderline and delusional I think you are very lucky to find a woman in Thailand or any place else who wants you.