Missed Connection Flights..What Airlines Give You A Discount Booking A New One?

Sandman77

Hello!

my sister,last week,missed here airplain from katmandu to oman,with oman air,the woman on the counter says,no problem,you can book a new flight and can make stop over in oman for only 100€!

most of the airline tell you,its your fault,and you have to buy your full price ticket again,how other airlines,and thai would handle this?

to more questions,quatar airways i read in the small printing charge you 200€ for no show,when you not fligh,withouth tellling them,in my country austria its against the law the high court says,and the airlines cannot!

can someone for example,chancel a allready booked flight withouth telling a reason,on thai air,and got the money back?

Every ticket which has been issued has a unique set of rules regarding changes, refunds, cancellations, no shows, missed connections. There are also variations depending on whether travel has begun.

You can do a sample booking on TG or any airline to get a feel for the various terms and conditions.

In most cases there will be a fee for re-issuing a ticket or cancelling a ticket. Additionally, if the original inventory, i.e. low fare bucket, is sold out you may also have to "buy up" (pay more) to the next available fare bucket.

Example: BKK-LHR return, "Advantage" (lowest fare available), 3 months 51,355 THB

Economy Class, flexible date and partially used non-refundable, valid 3 months

Travel Class : Economy

Eligibility : These fares apply with capacity limitations determined by the Carrier best judgement

Flight Restriction : Valid on TG operating flights only

Advance Reservation : Reservations are required for all sectors

Advance Ticketing : Immediately

Stopovers : Not permitted

Name Changes : Not permitted

Minimum Stay : Nil

Maximum Stay : 3 Months

Reservation Change :

Before day of departure :

-Flight/Date changes : Permitted within ticket validity/Revalidate to earlier must be reissued with fee THB1000 plus fare (if higher fare concerned)

-Rerouting : Permitted with fee THB1000 ( Ticket must be reissued )

-Reissuing : Permitted with fee THB1000. To be higher fare, collect different fare plus taxes/ surcharges (if any)

After day of departure :

-Flight/Date changes : Permitted within ticket validity ( Ticket must be reissued if higher fare concerned )

-Rerouting : Permitted with fee THB2000 ( Ticket must be reissued )

-Reissuing : Permitted with fee THB2000. To be higher fare, collect different fare plus taxes/ surcharges (if any)

No-Show : Not permitted

Cancellation/Refund :

-Totally unused ticket : Permitted with fee THB2000

-Partially used ticket : Not Permitted

Endorsement Restriction Box : Valid on TG operated flights / non endorsable / refund fee THB2000 for totally unused / No partial refund

Child Discount : 25% of adult applicable fare

Royal Orchid Plus Miles : 100% of mileage accrual

Mileage Upgrade : Permitted

Enquiries : contact THAI Contact Center 662 356-1111

A more expensive ticket, "Flexi" 71,695 THB:

Economy Class, flexible date and refundable with fee

Travel Class : Economy

Eligibility : These fares apply with capacity limitations determined by the Carrier best judgement

Flight Restriction : Valid on TG operating flighs only

Advance Reservation : Reservations are required for all sectors

Advance Ticketing : Immediately

Stopovers : Not permitted

Name Changes : Not permitted

Minimum Stay : Nil

Maximum Stay : 01 year

Reservation Change :

Before day of departure :

-Flight/Date changes : Permitted within ticket validity/Revalidate to earlier must be reissued with fee THB1000 plus fare (if higher fare concerned)

-Rerouting : Permitted with fee THB1000 ( Ticket must be reissued )

-Reissuing : Permitted with fee THB1000. To be higher fare, collect different fare plus taxes/ surcharges (if any)

After day of departure :

-Flight/Date changes : Permitted within ticket validity ( Ticket must be reissued if higher fare concerned )

-Rerouting : Permitted with fee THB2000 ( Ticket must be reissued )

-Reissuing : Permitted with fee THB2000. To be higher fare, collect different fare plus taxes/ surcharges (if any)

No-Show : Not permitted

Cancellation/Refund :

-Totally unused ticket : Permitted with fee THB2000

-Partially used ticket : Permitted

Endorsement Restriction Box : Valid on TG operated flights / non endorsable / refund fee THB2000

Child Discount : 25% of adult applicable fare

Royal Orchid Plus Miles : 100% of mileage accrual

Mileage Upgrade : Permitted

Enquiries : contact THAI Contact Center 662 356-1111

Edited by lomatopo

Often depends on the situation and the airline and locale.

In the US, I've "missed" a flight due to some unexpected business to take care of, returned to the airport and "looking a bit exhausted" I said I fell asleep in the airport and missed the flight.

The gate attendant was so kind to rebook me on the next flight.

Even Air Asia sold me a ticket that was about 60% of the normal price when I made a stupid mistake and sat at the wrong gate, missing my flight a couple of years back. Trouble is you will never know until it happens - I got the impression that there was quite a bit of flexibility given to the station manager on duty.

Even Air Asia sold me a ticket that was about 60% of the normal price when I made a stupid mistake and sat at the wrong gate, missing my flight a couple of years back. Trouble is you will never know until it happens - I got the impression that there was quite a bit of flexibility given to the station manager on duty.

Aha....pics please Santi! :P

Often depends on the situation and the airline and locale.

In the US, I've "missed" a flight due to some unexpected business to take care of, returned to the airport and "looking a bit exhausted" I said I fell asleep in the airport and missed the flight.

The gate attendant was so kind to rebook me on the next flight.

Things are quite a bit different in the U.S., especially for domestic flights, i.e the "flat-tire rule", not as ubiquitous as it once was but still possible assuming available seats, best to call as soon as you know you may miss a flight.

Unlikely (re: flexibility for gate agents). More likely you had to buy up, using some of the residual value of your ticket.

Edited by lomatopo