A Question About A Quick Exit From Thailand

kingbilly

If you haven't got legal permission from the mother to take your son out of the country it is possible that he won't be allowed to leave with you. This is the first thing you have to sort out. Without it all the rest of your plans are just wishful thinking.

I have an expired UK passport a UK Birth certificate, a UK birth certificate and a Thai passport plus a Thai Birth Cert!

How one can have birth certificates from 2 countries?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OP, if you haven't looked at the Blether's question, or taken into account Endure's advice, please do so, quickly, if it is relevant.

In the meantime, I'd say take a break and get some sleep - with what information is given many are still unclear to the situation and unable to provide sound advice. If you could go into detail a bit more it may help, otherwise it's like running in circles.

I just hope that everything works in your favor - I really do, as well as my best wishes for your son as well. Good luck man

KB.......are you a fellow Scot?

Who gives a sh t if he's a scot or not, the chap has got a problem, he just needs help and advice.

Why do you always harp on about Scotland, if it's so important to you, cut short your holiday.

The question is relevant.......so rather than indulging an an uncalled for and OTT flame stay out of it.

Not unless you're an expert on Scottish law........

I'm guessing from post 44 that he is in fact English, though I could be wrong, however as previously stated, where ever he' s from is really irrelevant, If Thailand is a signature to the

Hague convention, this would be enforceable in THE WHOLE of the UK, and in many other part

Of Europe, as well as other parts of the world.

Been in Thailand for 10 years and don't know how to fix transport from CM to Bkk??whistling.gif Empty the bottles, have a good nights sleep and come back tomorrow! coffee1.gif

yep, he keeps asking for someone to offer transport or share the driving rather then just having it shipped or using a courier.

sounds iffy, I would not want to be involved that directly.

Any legal actions arising from this would be dealt with by the UK government. Scotland has only devolved powers over a limited range of issues. The UK government holds the reserved powers that affect immigration and nationality. I would also suggest as the OP refers to a term date of 4th Sept he is referring to England as Scottish schools start earlier and are already back. In theory you can can leave on an expired passport if travelling back to country of issue. In practice you would be flagged up at check-in and referred to immigration before they would issue a boarding pass. At that point you would have close to zero chance of leaving the country without agreement from the mother.

If you haven't got legal permission from the mother to take your son out of the country it is possible that he won't be allowed to leave with you. This is the first thing you have to sort out. Without it all the rest of your plans are just wishful thinking.

I have an expired UK passport a UK Birth certificate, a UK birth certificate and a Thai passport plus a Thai Birth Cert!

And you think that this solves your problems? Sorry Op, but if you would REALLY read what you have been told here (not only by me), then you would first of all make sure that you can take your son back to the UK with all the legal paperwork needed. Everything else is irresponsible, not only towards yourself but most of all towards your son.

I have the feeling that this is not anymore about your son only... this is about yourself, this is about you being desparate to admit to your son that you caused a huge mess... this is about yourself who is afraid of looking into the eyes of your son and tell me "daddy made some mistakes, so we can't go now as I promised you"...

i can not explain your irrational actions and ideas about fleeing the country in any other way... I can not otherweise explain why you care more about two bikes than about the legal documents needed to travel... this is just plain stupidity what you want to do now...

this is against the best interest of your son!

That's incorrect Roamer...........your confusing two issues here......the UK government has control of the borders, on that we agree. The OP is of the opinion that he could get the child into the country, I tend to agree with him.

If the OP takes up residence in Scotland any future custody battles would take place within the Scottish court system which is distinctly different from the English court system. Yes the Scottish courts would look at all aspects of the application to have the child returned and they take a very dim view of child removal cases, so endure is totally correct in what he says.

However another post here ( by another member, not me ) has told the OP what to do to improve his case greatly and most of the membership haven't clocked it. It's underhand and very effective, in fact it's bordering on Machiavellian genius. It's right below your nose......go find it. coffee1.gif

And you think that this solves your problems? Sorry Op, but if you would REALLY read what you have been told here (not only by me), then you would first of all make sure that you can take your son back to the UK with all the legal paperwork needed. Everything else is irresponsible, not only towards yourself but most of all towards your son.

I have the feeling that this is not anymore about your son only... this is about yourself, this is about you being desparate to admit to your son that you caused a huge mess... this is about yourself who is afraid of looking into the eyes of your son and tell me "daddy made some mistakes, so we can't go now as I promised you"...

i can not explain your irrational actions and ideas about fleeing the country in any other way... I can not otherweise explain why you care more about two bikes than about the legal documents needed to travel... this is just plain stupidity what you want to do now...

Then you have very little idea about the problems we face here! - The bikes are really his most precious thing,. he does not want to leave them behind for the scum to sell, he wants his bike as it was given to him as a birthday present a few years back, that is al!

To the OP:

I have read your posts, and to be honest they sort of scare me and I feel very uneasy about the whole deal.

You say; Yes his mother is content with this (AT THE MOMENT.......it may change when she realises reality!) What does that mean exactly and where is the child’s mother, is she fully aware to what is happening? As I find this rather concerning.

You sound extremely desperate to leave Thailand, why?

If I were to get involved and agree to help, I would have to treat this with caution and first establish the full facts of the situation, that I`m sure the OP will find fully understandable.

Then you have very little idea about the problems we face here! - The bikes are really his most precious thing,. he does not want to leave them behind for the scum to sell, he wants his bike as it was given to him as a birthday present a few years back, that is al!

You are wrong, i understand completely what problems you face, you have been very clear.

But you don't want to understand what problems you will be causing to you and your son by taking him out of country illegally! google Child Abduction, Child return and Hague Convention about Child Abduction and you will find lots of cases where children had to be returned based on that Convention that both UK and Thailand signed... and also Switzerland, that is why I know such a case from a good friend from student fraternity... he now has an entry in his criminal record because of child abduction and is not able to travel to Thailand to see his child for the next years to come...

That is why I say it again: It is irresponsible and against the best interest of your son, if you don't sort the legal issues first of all

Edited by Swiss1960

That's incorrect Roamer...........your confusing two issues here......the UK government has control of the borders, on that we agree. The OP is of the opinion that he could get the child into the country, I tend to agree with him.

If the OP takes up residence in Scotland any future custody battles would take place within the Scottish court system which is distinctly different from the English court system. Yes the Scottish courts would look at all aspects of the application to have the child returned and they take a very dim view of child removal cases, so endure is totally correct in what he says.

However another post here ( by another member, not me ) has told the OP what to do to improve his case greatly and most of the membership haven't clocked it. It's underhand and very effective, in fact it's bordering on Machiavellian genius. It's right below your nose......go find it. coffee1.gif

Not confusing the issue Blether but didn't explain it well. In the first instance Scottish courts have jurisdiction, however when an application is made under an international agreement that would apply here (in theory only, I don't think this will leave LOS) the High Court of Scotland is excluded by statute and in such circumstances what happens in practise is that any appeal ends up in the UK Supreme court.

To describe any TV poster of bordering on Machiavellian genius is taking things a bit far but I'm on the hunt smile.png

• Like 1