• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 36

60 Minutes blasted after replacing harris word salad…

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 45

Reasons of change

5. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

6. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 45

Reasons of change

9. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

10. 45

Reasons of change

11. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

12. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

13. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Beneficiery Of A Will In Thailand - Advice Please

wineman

I live in Thailand and have a Will in which I have bequeathed all my Thai assets to my girlfriend of many years. One of the assets is my house which I bought the Company way. Does anyone know what her situation would be regarding the house and land? For instance, could she simply close down the Company and transfer the ownership of the house and land to her name?

Simple answer: bequeath her your shares in the company and your directorship.

Thanks for replying. I wonder if she would then be able to simply close the company. I don't want her lumbered with having to pay yearly for Tax accounts.

If she has the controlling shares and directorship she can close the company at any time; obviously before she does that she will need to transfer/sell the house and anything else the company owns to herself, and to pay any outstanding company taxes (she'll also be liable for transfer and property taxes, etc, both on the house transfer and on any profit the company has made by the sale).

• Like 1

If she has the controlling shares and directorship she can close the company at any time; obviously before she does that she will need to transfer/sell the house and anything else the company owns to herself, and to pay any outstanding company taxes (she'll also be liable for transfer and property taxes, etc, both on the house transfer and on any profit the company has made by the sale).

Thanks for replying. I hope you don't mind me asking, are you a lawyer here in Thailand?