Nanai Road, Patong, Mae Ubol Night Restaurants

tolsti

Driving past yesterday evening I noticed that the remaining restaurants has now all been demolished and are now just rubble.

Dons BBQ and the bars on that side are ok but all the rest have gone.... anyone know what is going in that area?

• 2 months later...

Well it looks like Makro Patong is underway. The old market is closed, all the stall holders are out and a few have relocated into the middle area between Dons and the new shophouses. 2 banks are already getting ready...BKK bank currently outfitting and yellow bank already there. Big signs advertising recruitment day for Makro staff in all divisions.

Having sat and watched the, relatively, low loaded Tesco lorry trying to navigate and park for deliveries I cannot imagine in my wildest nightmares the traffic necessary to supply a Makro.

Great for the bars and restaurants of Patong having a Makro so close but what hell for Nanai Road.

• 3 months later...

This is the best event that has happened to Patong in a long time! I am so excited. I went to the store yesterday. NO PROBLEMS! I can buy the freshest fruit and vegetables...and meat! No problems parking, and the BEST----> the manager knows perfect english...and french! Highly educated thai woman! I was in and out fast! Just remember...cash!!! They do honor one card, but its only one select bank...I cannot remember.

This is the best event that has happened to Patong in a long time! I am so excited. I went to the store yesterday. NO PROBLEMS! I can buy the freshest fruit and vegetables...and meat! No problems parking, and the BEST----> the manager knows perfect english...and french! Highly educated thai woman! I was in and out fast! Just remember...cash!!! They do honor one card, but its only one select bank...I cannot remember.

No problems parking - I would like to see that!!!!

No problems parking - I would like to see that!!!!

There is a small car park, but it's unlikely to accommodate a busy Makro.

The restaurants are forced to keep their seating & tables within a concrete barrier type thing until after Makro closes. After that they can expand outside that barrier into the parking area with more seating.

One of the restaurants is an old favorite of mine and the missus. We know the people there rather well, and I do know they're not very happy about it. They've been getting tossed and moved around in that area for awhile now.