Dr Tul Alleges Explosives Left Hanging In A Bag On His Car

webfact

MULTI-COLOURED MOVEMENT

Leader alleges explosives left on his car

30189242-01_big.jpg

Dr Tul

BANGKOK: -- A multi-coloured leader filed a complaint with police on Monday after he found a paper bag hung on a side mirror of his car parked at Chulalongkorn Hospital where he works.

He told police that when he looked inside the bag, he found a round tube with an explosive-like object and circuits. However, he thought the circuit was not complete and was fake, so he threw it away.

Dr Tul said he was about to pick up his children when he found the bag.

He decided to file a complaint with police after having it checked and finding it intact.

Tul is the leader of the multi-coloured movement that has campaigned against former ex-Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra and the red shirts movement.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-08-28

Guessing he's a brain surgeon as well as a bomb expert, and a politician? So much promise for Thai and yet, a victim and a target and a hero all in one? Only, the way this is written, it's hard to tell what's going on. He found something suspicious, and luckily wasn't blown to bits, so, bogus, he trashed it, and then as an after-thought found it to be intact so he filed a police report... What? Not that I would bother calling the police in Thai for anything, but shouldn't a politician with even a fake bomb attached to his car call for an investigation before throwing something potentially harmful in the garbage, only, first? Strange days in Thai...

• Like 1

a round tube with an explosive-like object and circuits. However, he thought the circuit was not complete and was fake, so he threw it away.

Heyyy, that was my hot dog with relish & mustard ! Was wondering where I'd left it. :(

• Like 2

"Tul Sitthisomwong was appointed by the People’s Alliance for Democracy to sit on the Committee of the Strength of Land, the meaning of HM the King’s name, on 24 July 2008, according to a PAD statement (7/2008).

On 24 Nov 2008, Tul led a group of Chulalongkorn lecturers and students under the name of Siam Intellect to a rally at the Army Headquarters.

Later, he went on to speak on the stage of the PAD, attacking the then Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat, saying that a jail sentence was not enough for him, because he who had ordered the killing of other people should also die.

Tul went on to say that, speaking as a doctor, love for the country and the king was embedded only in Thais’ DNA, not that of other peoples. It was a pity that many Thais had mutated and did not have the love for the king in their DNA and should not be called Thai."

http://www.prachatai.com/english/node/1739

I.e. He's a complete

fruitcake.jpg

• Like 1

Guessing he's a brain surgeon as well as a bomb expert, and a politician? So much promise for Thai and yet, a victim and a target and a hero all in one? Only, the way this is written, it's hard to tell what's going on. He found something suspicious, and luckily wasn't blown to bits, so, bogus, he trashed it, and then as an after-thought found it to be intact so he filed a police report... What? Not that I would bother calling the police in Thai for anything, but shouldn't a politician with even a fake bomb attached to his car call for an investigation before throwing something potentially harmful in the garbage, only, first? Strange days in Thai...

No problem at all, of course he knew it wasnt real, he has just purchased a GT-200 bomb detector for just such an eventality and keeps it in his car just in case

• Like 1

For this man to be left out of a seat in the present cabinet structure is a gross oversight on the part of clan. He appears to think. act, as well as talk like most of them, now the next question. Does he carry a firearm?

Amazing that there is no evidence, or witness, to the event of finding this bag hanging on his wing mirror!

Even astute Thai's know where to place a hidden bomb - under a car! Their preoposition usage does not include 'next to', or 'adjacent to', or 'hanging off'. They know what 'under' or 'underneath' means for sure! 555 :)

Seems he forgot his breakfast, had a full lobotomy for lunch, and then remembered he left a bomb hanging from his car wing-mirror and simply threw it away as discarded junk - like a lot of his mail must contain.

What a crock of bull !!

-mel.

a round tube with an explosive-like object and circuits. However, he thought the circuit was not complete and was fake, so he threw it away.

Heyyy, that was my hot dog with relish & mustard ! Was wondering where I'd left it. sad.png

Thais don't like mustard, had it been ketchup, he would have brought it home.

Heyyy, that was my hot dog with relish & mustard ! Was wondering where I'd left it. sad.png

Thais don't like mustard, had it been ketchup, he would have brought it home.

Really must change to hot dog naam pla for the next bomb scare. :(

Edited by Payboy
  • Like 1

MULTI-COLOURED MOVEMENT

Police investigate bomb on Dr Tul's car

30189242-01_big.jpg

Dr Tul

BANGKOK: -- Police have investigated a report that a paper bag containing explosives was hung from a side mirror of a car belonging to Dr Tul Sitthisomwong, leader of the multi-coloured movement leader, while it was parked in Chulalongkorn Hospital, his place of work, on Monday.

Investigators have already been assigned to check security cameras at the hospital parking building in Pathumwan where Dr Tul left his car and in the surrounding area to find the culprits, Pol Lt Col Sorakarn Damkrabi, a police chief of Pathumwan police station, said.

Meanwhile Pol Capt Kaneungnuch Thotsapairin, who is overseeing the case, said police would summon witnesses for questioning.

Pol Col Kamthon Uicharoen, a bomb expert, said the circuit was incorrectly connected. The device was a grenade thus a circuit was not necessary. However he said the explosive was intact. He said the culprits might have simply intended it as a threat.

Dr Tul filed a complaint with police on Monday after he found the explosive while he was about to leave the hospital to pick up his children at school.

He told police that when he looked inside the bag, he found a round tube with an explosive-like object and circuits. However, he thought the circuit was not complete and was fake, so he threw it away.

He decided to file a complaint with police after having it checked and finding it intact. Tul is the leader of the multi-coloured movement that has campaigned against former ex-Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra and the red shirts movement.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-08-29

Maybe it's just a warning for Dr. Tul to not instigate criticism against the government and it's 'bring the fugitive home' policies! Next time it might not be a phony bomb!

Yes, maybe!!! or alternatively, perhaps someone had a spare fake bomb that they wanted to dispose of and Dr Tul's car just happened to be there when the thought entered his mind to ditch it!! His wing mirror seemed 'fit for purpose' as there were no bins nearby and so he simply plonked it on it and left.

Any other 'rocket science' theories out there??

Can someone pls explain the difference between the yellow shirts and multi-colour shirts? I don't see the 'philosophical' difference... perhaps it just comes down to different preferences in attire?

The multi-colours are a group of people who reject PAD's ultra-nationalism, but agree that having the country run by a family who enriched themselves by shady business practices and tax evasion, and their equally corrupt cronies, is not a good thing for their nation. And who are prepared to voice their disapproval in no uncertain terms.

Of course to the monochromatic visioned red shirts, anybody of any political hue not blood red, is a yellow - hence the automatic "What about the yellow shirts?" every time a criticism is levelled at another red shirt act of thuggery.

Hope this helps you overcome your impairment.

• Like 1

Can someone pls explain the difference between the yellow shirts and multi-colour shirts? I don't see the 'philosophical' difference... perhaps it just comes down to different preferences in attire?

The multi-colours are a group of people who reject PAD's ultra-nationalism, but agree that having the country run by a family who enriched themselves by shady business practices and tax evasion, and their equally corrupt cronies, is not a good thing for their nation. And who are prepared to voice their disapproval in no uncertain terms.

Of course to the monochromatic visioned red shirts, anybody of any political hue not blood red, is a yellow - hence the automatic "What about the yellow shirts?" every time a criticism is levelled at another red shirt act of thuggery.

Nope, to me it comes across as more like this (but thanks for trying):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_qHP7VaZE

ON a more serious note, this is what the mult-coloured shirts leader has done previously... not much of a rejection of the PAD's 'ultra-nationalism' if they are involved in the whole Preah Vihear debate :

"Dr. Tul said the petitioners want UNESCO to wait for a joint nomination for the ancient temple's listing by Thailand and Cambodia as they believe that the World Heritage status should not be completed without the inclusion of Sra Trao or ancient reservoir and other historic structures on the temple compound.

The Chula medical academic also led some 30 protesters to the Cambodian Embassy in Bangkok to submit a letter to the embassy's officials, protesting Cambodian government's unilateral application of the Preah Vihear temple registration."

Throwing this explosive like device in the trash so maybe someone else adult or child gets maimed or killed is not very astute or complimentary for someone that is supposed to be a doctor. Very poor judgement and shows a lack of consideration for other people.

"He told police that when he looked inside the bag, he found a round tube with an explosive-like object and circuits. However, he thought the circuit was not complete and was fake, so he threw it away."

These are the kinds of stories I like to forward back to folks in the old country when they accuse me of exaggerating.

"However, he thought the circuit was not complete and was fake, so he threw it away."

Either he is a bomb expert or we should all be worried by this cavalier attitude towards improvised explosive devices! If I was about to pick my children up and found an IED on my car I would be on the phone to the police, then my family to collect my children on my behalf whilst continually backing away from my car to a safe location whilst warning people in the immediate vicinity. Even though I trained as an electrical service engineer I would not trust my judgement in a time like this and would certainly seek a professional opinion. Where is the security briefing for politicians here?

What's security briefing?

Please translate to Thai.

ON a more serious note, this is what the mult-coloured shirts leader has done previously... not much of a rejection of the PAD's 'ultra-nationalism' if they are involved in the whole Preah Vihear debate :

"Dr. Tul said the petitioners want UNESCO to wait for a joint nomination for the ancient temple's listing by Thailand and Cambodia as they believe that the World Heritage status should not be completed without the inclusion of Sra Trao or ancient reservoir and other historic structures on the temple compound.

The Chula medical academic also led some 30 protesters to the Cambodian Embassy in Bangkok to submit a letter to the embassy's officials, protesting Cambodian government's unilateral application of the Preah Vihear temple registration."

Many people feel the same way about how this issue was handled by Thaksin's stooge. Political groups can agree on more than one subject and still have differences that they feel are substantial. But it seem monochromatic vision is incurable.

"However, he thought the circuit was not complete and was fake, so he threw it away."

Either he is a bomb expert or we should all be worried by this cavalier attitude towards improvised explosive devices! If I was about to pick my children up and found an IED on my car I would be on the phone to the police, then my family to collect my children on my behalf whilst continually backing away from my car to a safe location whilst warning people in the immediate vicinity. Even though I trained as an electrical service engineer I would not trust my judgement in a time like this and would certainly seek a professional opinion. Where is the security briefing for politicians here?

If there is a bag I would look inside (without thinking for a bomb), if it than looks like complete nonsense (just some cables not connected to anything) I wouldn't panic.

Specially as people like him are for a long time on the "want to be dead" list and used to it.

A picture of that device would make things clear.

At first upon reading the first sentence, Multi coloured leader and seeing the image of the infamous Dr Tul I thought he was of a mixed race, perhaps Farang/Thai hence the word, multi coloured. I was then corrected when I read further that he was part of the multi coloured movement. Dr Tul seems to be an explosives expert of the highest degree and should be promoted to spearhead the new International Multicolored Brownbag IED Laboratories division based in Bangkok.

Many people feel the same way about how this issue was handled by Thaksin's stooge. Political groups can agree on more than one subject and still have differences that they feel are substantial. But it seem monochromatic vision is incurable.

The Yellows and the Multis would prefer to go to war with a neighbouring country over a small piece of land containing a temple built by forebearers of that other country than accept borders agreed upon in the past. Some time back I had a girlfriend who was a yellow. Uni educated and quite smart... we were together for three years. My first clue that we were going to have a problem was when we were visiting Phimai and she said that it had really been built by Thai people, not Khmers. I soon learned that this is part of the Yellows belief system, and it was impossible to argue against (at most, she would sometimes say that no-one can be sure who built the Khmer ruins that are seen around Thailand). I pulled the plug on the relationship when she sent me an email in which she said all Cambodians should be killed, every last one of them, because they are barbaric (irony!!) and do nothing but cause trouble. There's some Yellow thinking for you...

The Yellows and the Multis would prefer to go to war with a neighbouring country over a small piece of land containing a temple built by forebearers of that other country than accept borders agreed upon in the past. Some time back I had a girlfriend who was a yellow. Uni educated and quite smart... we were together for three years. My first clue that we were going to have a problem was when we were visiting Phimai and she said that it had really been built by Thai people, not Khmers. I soon learned that this is part of the Yellows belief system, and it was impossible to argue against (at most, she would sometimes say that no-one can be sure who built the Khmer ruins that are seen around Thailand). I pulled the plug on the relationship when she sent me an email in which she said all Cambodians should be killed, every last one of them, because they are barbaric (irony!!) and do nothing but cause trouble. There's some Yellow thinking for you...

I know a couple of people who consider themselves Yellows and they are far from what you describe. They are nice, love all Thais and do not hate Cambodians. I don't want to discuss your taste in women, but seems to me your gf was just a freak!