Thai Birth Certificate

sierra01

My wife's birth certificate is on it's last legs, it's falling apart, where and how can she get a new one? Thanks.

Hmm...interesting...I lost my 25 yrs ago...Still don't have it until this day... but still be able to renew id card and passport without it. Oh sure... the passport official asked me for it too...but I always tell them I'd lost my 25 yrs ago...they seem to be o.k with this. But then I always have all my records on the same TabienBaan with the same Amphur all these years.

May be...you might try to get the duplicate one at the same Amphur where your wife originally had her name on... when she's a baby - her first TabienBaan - they sure would have the copy of her birth record...This's what my aunt told me.

Edited by BKK90210

My wife's birth certificate is on it's last legs, it's falling apart, where and how can she get a new one? Thanks.

First of all there will always be only ONE original.

Options:

Get it laminated before it is absolutely apart and not legible anymore and keep using the now protected original. That's what many Thais do nowadays. Just go to a photocopy shop that usually all have the proper equipment to get the job done.

If this is not an option anymore because the document is already too messed up go to the amphoe of your wife's birth. There should be a copy available. Request a certified copy (samnau tuhgdtong) but as said it will only be a certified (stamped and signed) photocopy and not an original.

Edited by Richard Hall