Is Gold Going To Tumble In The Next 2 Weeks?

Or is it going to carry us to a new territory - above 1700? Man, big boys are just unbelievable! Summer doldrum, you know? They get everyone excited to go in for the cheap after they have punted it up. It starts drifting downward slowly to suck in people buying for the cheap untill several big moves in later. Yeah, that's what I believe! How about you?

Investing is all about timing. One can talk incessantly about what's good and bad but all is about timing. A stock like Malee which I played and gained at around B15 just about a year ago is around B90 now. I own it no more for I sold the last of what I had at around B40.

On gold, who can tell me it should be at this price considering the fundamentals now? It's again on timing! Yeah.... it will perform in the long run like I have owned gold when it was B400 per one baht weigh or I traded gold on the COMEX around USD360 an ounce but didn't keep.

Who cares if gold goes up to above 2,000 when many of us hit the deck for good!

You guys can talk about it.

Gold has been trading in a range for the last several months, with a top around $1647. The recent spike in the price has been attributed to the expectation that the US Fed will implement QE3, which will inevitably cause the price of gold to rise. If there is no QE3, then gold will go back to trading between $1560 and $1650. There was a $9.30 drop in gold prices just today as the speculators hedge their positions.

To answer you question with a question, can you tell us what the ECU/IMF/EMF are going to do about the PIGS and who is going to be the next POTUS of the US? If so, then we can advise you on the price of gold in the near term.

The OP must be a very old man: I have owned gold when it was 400 bath/15 gram= 27$ ounce. That must have been a while ago. Open another bottle, be happy with your 3,5% from the bank and leave the market to people, who know what they are doing thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

The OP must be a very old man: I have owned gold when it was 400 bath/15 gram= 27$ ounce. That must have been a while ago. Open another bottle, be happy with your 3,5% from the bank and leave the market to people, who know what they are doing thumbsup.gif

I seldom bother what the banks pay and I don't shop around on that. Do banks in Thailand pay 3.5% for ordinary saving accounts now? Whatever it might be, I get .25% more with my brokers but that hardly matters anyway. If I have to live on interest I might as well get a job.

Yeah, it was 1969 when I was a teenager in Thailand. I think gold was B400 per baht weight or B800. My brother-in-law while going to high school pawned his 4-baht gold necklace many times and bought it back by his mother. His allowance then was B200 a week when maids at the house got paid B250 a month.

Yes, I reckon you know better. Share it if you will!

The OP must be a very old man: I have owned gold when it was 400 bath/15 gram= 27$ ounce. That must have been a while ago. Open another bottle, be happy with your 3,5% from the bank and leave the market to people, who know what they are doing

I don't know if I'm very old but I know I'm younger than many in TVcheesy.gif

Yo, do you know what the exchange rate then?...that is - 1969! Is it a common mistake for people in the know to use the current exchange rate (~31.28 to one USD at this moment) to convert it into USD and exhibit amazement?

Banks in Thailand pay 3.5% for saving accounts? I don't know that and I don't care cos whatever it is my brokers pay .25% more. I don't shop around on such thing for I'm not retired completely.

I could be wrong about B400 (could be B800) per one baht weigh. I remember my brother-in-law pawned his 4-baht weigh gold chain many times only to have his mother bought it back. Back then, he got B200 a week for allowance being a high school student. The maids then got B250 a month.

I think some drinks are good for you so as not to be so mean spirited and cocky.

The US Federal Reserve Beige book comes out at 2 PM EDT tomorrow. The Central Bankers annual meeting in Jackson Hole, Wyoming next week is often the place were Fed Chairman Bernanke hints at the mood of the Fed on their September 12-13 meeting.

Personally, I expect the Fed will do QE3, Euro Central Bank buying massive debt, deepening recession and increasing deficits.

Little by little, industries around the world are slowing down and laying people off. China has had two staggering reductions in production stats.

Coupled with the increased likelihood of Middle East Conflict, look for gold to rise up.

many so called financials are talking of a bank meltdown in the next couple of months, the US on 12th Aug cancelled the first $50,000 in a bank account (backed by the gov) this is a massive signal of what's coming...money is flowing out of Spain at around 1 billion Euro a day

Fed on Friday will I believe announce Q3 there is no option, the US is in serious problems

China has just bought another 6,000 kilo of Gold last month

Gold is a personal thing you either love it or hate it..but I think it is a long term thing to invest in and huge profits can be made if you have time and dont need the money

many so called financials are talking of a bank meltdown in the next couple of months, the US on 12th Aug cancelled the first $50,000 in a bank account (backed by the gov) this is a massive signal of what's coming...money is flowing out of Spain at around 1 billion Euro a day

Fed on Friday will I believe announce Q3 there is no option, the US is in serious problems

Gold is a personal thing you either love it or hate it..but I think it is a long term thing to invest in and huge profits can be made if you have time and dont need the money

....and who would they be other than the usual shrill crew for gold?

Did I see ya say new territory at 1700?

Gold was at $1896 an ounce September 5 2011.At least thats what my recorda say.

Maybe you should say $1900 new territory

Sorry for not being clear and getting you confused about the 1,700 mark which I've called the new territory. And thank you for reminding me that I did sell some gold when it was approaching 1,900 plus a little bit more at a hair above 1,900 around the date you've pointed out.

On the date of my posting, and including a couple of days prior, up till today, 1,700 is the price breakout for the gold bulls to break. People who watch daily or by the seconds probably know what I mean by "new territory". For a couple of months or more, gold has been range bound between 1534 -1667 (from memory). 1,667 has been broken recently and reached 1687 (again from memory). Now, the 1,700 mark and beyond represents a new territory.

Before the London market opened, gold was pulled up to above 1,670 this morning. Now it's trading around 1,665. What will happen tonight?

Did I see ya say new territory at 1700?

Gold was at $1896 an ounce September 5 2011.At least thats what my recorda say.

Maybe you should say $1900 new territory

Sorry for not being clear and getting you confused about the 1,700 mark which I've called the new territory. And thank you for reminding me that I did sell some gold when it was approaching 1,900 plus a little bit more at a hair above 1,900 around the date you've pointed out.

On the date of my posting, and including a couple of days prior, up till today, 1,700 is the price breakout for the gold bulls to break. People who watch daily or by the seconds probably know what I mean by "new territory". For a couple of months or more, gold has been range bound between 1534 -1667 (from memory). 1,667 has been broken recently and reached 1687 (again from memory). Now, the 1,700 mark and beyond represents a new territory.

Before the London market opened, gold was pulled up to above 1,670 this morning. Now it's trading around 1,665. What will happen tonight?

It is very important to distinguish between those who trade and those who don't.

It is a different game for those with play money and those who wish to provide for the future and do a buy and hold.

how did the U.S. "cancel" $50k in a bank account? huh.png

yoshiwara what made you such a cynic?giggle.gif

so I believe you are based in Hong Kong and if you are can you give us the heads up on this guy

who wrote an interesting piece that appeared in the Bangkok Post today. He has very bearish views

on China. Have you ever heard of him and what about his negative assessment of the real estate market?

http://www.baldingsworld.com/

Edited by midas

so I believe you are based in Hong Kong and if you are can you give us the heads up on this guy

who wrote an interesting piece that appeared in the Bangkok Post today. He has very bearish views

on China. Have you ever heard of him and what about his negative assessment of the real estate market?

Mr Baldwin is a trifle long-winded. I clicked on one of the links at random hoping to see an erudite research paper or something, but instead got taken to the bible of hysteria website zerohedge. So in conclusion? Mr Baldwin just another end of the worldist, his speciality mainland China.

PS never heard of him. Plenty around who are bearish on both Mainland China property and Hong Kong property.

re HK property it just won't oblige but has had its moments.

Edited by yoshiwara

Mr Baldwin is a trifle long-winded. I clicked on one of the links at random hoping to see an erudite research paper or something, but instead got taken to the bible of hysteria website zerohedge. So in conclusion? Mr Baldwin just another end of the worldist, his speciality mainland China.

PS never heard of him. Plenty around who are bearish on both Mainland China property and Hong Kong property.

re HK property it just won't oblige but has had its moments.

this says a lot shortly

The average price per square foot to buy an apartment in Beijing: $286. Beijing per capita GDP: $5,181. The average price per square foot in Waltham, Massachusetts: $252. The median income of Waltham, Massachusetts: $65, 238.

but i bet the average income of those buying bejing appartments is way more than the average waltham salery. Like comparing kensington property price with the average uk salery would look riduculas. nonsense. but his other points i dont dissmiss but would need to do more detailed research on. example his comparrisson of prices he say xys z percent but percent of what? more than US price ? surely not. or relative to average income per capita. if your a subsistance farmer your providing a basket food for yourself if your a factory worker salary i read is roughly double the vapue of farming so to say onions and rice bla bla is rubbish also. but i agree there looks to be a lot of debt and waste and other worrying things. if true 40 to 50 percent empty units cant be a good thing and the goast cities are well documented.

looks like eu usa and china are just competing to not be the first to fall over but this time theyll all drag each other down