Meals On Wheels

mallmagician

No idea if they are still sponsors, but can I relate recent experience? Their new online order system is great. Out in San sai I wait an hour, and receive hot food, without any bother on the phone, with the driver turning up and being most polite. If they are a sponsor IM safe to say use them with confidence. If not, my personal opinion is, give them a shot. The online ordering is brilliant for someone like me that hates talking on the phone. Bravo.

• Like 1

They are "spot on" here in the big city. Meals are delivered faster than the time I'd would take me to get to the restaurant. I especially like to order Indian food from them. Most (if not all) of the Indian restaurants in town are dives, with no aircon, "rustic" furniture that snags your clothing, spotty service, etc, but the food is good. Problem solved with Meals on Wheels -- simply order Indian from them and eat in airconditioned comfort with decent furniture and place settings at home. Plus Indian food makes great next-day leftovers!

I use M On W say twice a week.

Never had a problem.

New internet ordering is simple, evan for an old fart like me.

No problems with the staff, tho I did have sympathy for young lad who delivered on the occasion the electricity failed in my area, 7 flights of stairs.

john

Love this service! But agree, more restaurants would be great. I tend to go for the same ones over and over...Duke's, West, Spicy Bollywood...It would also be good if we had more of an idea what teh Japanese and Korean dishes were, and the online order doesn't quite work with the more complicated things like pizza toppings, but overall Mike is heading in the right direction and it is a great service for people like me who can barely open a bag of Mama.

This has got to be a first for Thai Visa. Over a dozen postings, all of them praising this business. No one whining about how bad they are or saying they like a competitive business better.

Mike has every reason to be proud!

I can also only add positives. The guy who runs it is really nice when you call, and after the first time you do not have to mess around with addresses or directions - he knows instantly from the number you dial in on.

A well considered and efficient service... luverly... thumbsup.gif

Just ordered last night and again spot on ...I use them in bangkok as well although I am not sure if mike runs it as well ...this is a live saver and I agree no need to dress up ! Hahahahha

Like I say if u want to spare uour love ones the hassle of paying , just put a tab of say 2000 baht and let mike know ... A great way to surprise the Teerak at the office or if u have loved one living in a different place and you want to deliver them food on rainy days.

I don't if they still do it, but two years ago we were beat after moving to a new house. Called in a food order and asked for a bottle of wine. At that time, nothing on menu but I told them how much to spend and the variety and their selection was just great. Sure was nice at a time when you are bone tired and barely able to move to have such great service.

I don't if they still do it, but two years ago we were beat after moving to a new house. Called in a food order and asked for a bottle of wine. At that time, nothing on menu but I told them how much to spend and the variety and their selection was just great. Sure was nice at a time when you are bone tired and barely able to move to have such great service.

A wine list would be a great addition to their menu!

All this good reporting about meals on wheels. How about a website or phone number for those of us who do not know how to contact them.

Let me Google that for you:

http://bit.ly/U9P2Ej

Very first link:

http://www.mealsonwheels4u.com/

Was that so hard?

-Mestizo

People just want everything handed to them on a plate...hmm

Not hard at all when you know that the business is actually called meals on wheels4u. Sure no shortage of smart asses on this site.

What a nice thread this has turned into. Just what I wanted. For me, ordering online is a great advantage. Love it. Where we are, we can't get mcd or kfc, so they would be my choice for a menu addition. They may have to handle it differently though. IM surprised subway are ok with it, to do the others I mentioned would probably rub someone up the wrong way. Even though mcd and kfc refuse to deliver to me. All the best to the guy that runs this. Expect a lot.of business off me over the next few months.

All this good reporting about meals on wheels. How about a website or phone number for those of us who do not know how to contact them.

Let me Google that for you:

http://bit.ly/U9P2Ej

Very first link:

http://www.mealsonwheels4u.com/

Was that so hard?

-Mestizo

People just want everything handed to them on a plate...hmm

Not hard at all when you know that the business is actually called meals on wheels4u. Sure no shortage of smart asses on this site.

Smart asses....cheesy.gif

Even the tongue in cheek humour was lost on you.....oh dear oh dear