Kim Jong-Un Warns Of 'All-Out War' With South Korea - Video

Maestro

Kim Jong-un warns of 'all-out war' with South Korea - video

North Korea's supreme leader Kim Jong-un orders his army to be ready with a 'prompt counterattack' against its enemies as US and South Korean troops stage joint military drills. State-run television KRT released footage of Kim making the speech at a military banquet on Saturday

Watch video: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2012/aug/27/kim-jong-un-warns-war-south-korea-video?newsfeed=true

OK then, let's file that under the speeches that his father wrote previously. I am sure this little man sits around giggling at the news coverage and subsequent 24 hours of debate by 'anal-ists' on CNN, FoX etc with his buddies while sucking back bottle after bottle of cognac.

• Like 2

15 min later when his starving soldiers are too tired to march, his army is out of fuel and his 1960s era fighters have been shot out of the sky, what's he going to do?

whinge some more or threaten nuclear war. actually my fear is not him starting a war, its one of his understudies in the nuclear dept having an off day and vaporizing the korean peninsula by accident.

You would think that economic sanctions and isolation would have softened their rhetoric over the years, but alas, it appears not. One wonders if we will ever see a unified Korea.

After seeing the horrendous cost of reintegrating east Germany back into the rest of Germany, I somehow doubt that S. Korea is in too much of a hurry to reunite with a totally derelict and messed up north.

You would think that economic sanctions and isolation would have softened their rhetoric over the years, but alas, it appears not. One wonders if we will ever see a unified Korea.

The people who run the place haven't suffered. It's the poor bloody infantry who've suffered - as usual.

Just as an aside, I remember when I was in South Korea in 96/7, Kim Jong Il was promising to turn the south into sea of fire every other week.

The NZ embassy sent me a letter advising me what to put in my emergency kit in case the North attacked. They also advised me what to do. As I was south of the river, they told me to go to the nearest American base (80 km away) and they had a verbal guarantee from the yanks that NZ citizens may be airlifted out after Americans and Canadians were safe. Didn't fill me with a lot of confidence, especially trying to go 80 km south with a few million South Koreans and shells falling all around.

Do not assume that the North Korean military will run out of munitions, gas, or will surrender. The military is fanatical and has been trained for generations to be willing to die. The equipment is sufficient to lay waste to Seoul and kill millions in the south. The possibility of a conflict would see the Chinese act to protect their interests and occupy North Korea and engage both South Korea and Japan. This is not something to take lightly.

Many, many chemical weapons pointed at S. Korea, no need for the Big One. You can't argue with a sick mind - and a fanatical army.

Do not assume that the North Korean military will run out of munitions, gas, or will surrender. The military is fanatical and has been trained for generations to be willing to die. The equipment is sufficient to lay waste to Seoul and kill millions in the south. The possibility of a conflict would see the Chinese act to protect their interests and occupy North Korea and engage both South Korea and Japan. This is not something to take lightly.

Yeah. When I was there I spoke to some American officer. He was saying all studies, simulations etc had the North taking Seoul in 24 hrs and then would be a matter of the allies defending further south and then pushing them back. A bit like the first war.

That was 15 years ago though.

15 min later when his starving soldiers are too tired to march, his army is out of fuel and his 1960s era fighters have been shot out of the sky, what's he going to do?

I agree with you. No matter what the numbers in the army, they are half starved and ill equipped. I believe the US could wipe out any balistic missile threat from NK very quickly and gain air superiority, once that is done the army would not stand a chance, it would be a turkey shoot. Combine that with drops of food supplies all over the country to the starving poor and NK would soon be welcoming their long lost brothers from the South.

I remember how we used to train and train to face the might of the Russians during the cold war, but when the wall came down and 'peace broke out' we started liaising and training with our Russian counterparts to realise that there was nothing to worry about as in the event of a conflict we would have wiped them out. All bark and very little bite, with much of their equipment unservicable. NK may have been up to the job 20 odd years ago, but not a chance now.

Just as an aside, I remember when I was in South Korea in 96/7, Kim Jong Il was promising to turn the south into sea of fire every other week.

The NZ embassy sent me a letter advising me what to put in my emergency kit in case the North attacked. They also advised me what to do. As I was south of the river, they told me to go to the nearest American base (80 km away) and they had a verbal guarantee from the yanks that NZ citizens may be airlifted out after Americans and Canadians were safe. Didn't fill me with a lot of confidence, especially trying to go 80 km south with a few million South Koreans and shells falling all around.

What did you expect them to tell you? YOU went over there, they didn't ask you too.

You're right. The people have been constantly brain washed for so long and the fear of being put in one of their prisons for not supporting the government, they had rather be killed by the west or it's allies than die a slow, painful death at the hands of the government.

Once the South adopts the North's political system and surrenders, all will be well.. In a larger living hell..

Yeah. When I was there I spoke to some American officer. He was saying all studies, simulations etc had the North taking Seoul in 24 hrs and then would be a matter of the allies defending further south and then pushing them back. A bit like the first war.

That was 15 years ago though.

And not much has changed, except the weapons being bigger and more deadly..

What did you expect them to tell you? YOU went over there, they didn't ask you too.

Fifteen years ago mate. Couldn't give a ralphlsasser now. Just relating an experience.

Fifteen years ago mate. Couldn't give a ralphlsasser now. Just relating an experience.

Sarcasim gets you no where. I'm still wondering what you expected them to do. Not a complicated question.

Agreed, but I hope the international community doesnt cave in again and supply them with resources again just to see them use those same resources to stay in power while they watch "their people" starve.

Sarcasim gets you no where. I'm still wondering what you expected them to do. Not a complicated question.

What's 'sarcasim' mean? Is that like the uneducated's version of 'sarcasm'?

As for what I expected them to do, not a lot really.

Edited by nottocus