New Honda Dealership In Najomtien

craigt3365

For those interested, a really nice Honda dealership has opened up just South of the Ambassador Hotel, and across the street. It's huge and really nice. Great customer lounge with free coffee, served to you. 8 or so PCs to check the internet. Lots of parking, and for now, not busy at all.

FYI.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes its very good, I had one of my CRVs serviced there, everything brand new and very quick as well, voucher for free coffee with brownies and all new computers to log onto Thai Visa, cant be bad smile.png .

You can see your car being serviced from the upstairs customer waiting lounge which is nice and an electronic display tells you the status of your car and when it will be ready.

Also just along the road from it a new pan pan will be opening. Not an amazing Italian but for those living near by its a welcome addition if you want some half decent food and dont want to go all the way into pattaya.

Yes, looks to be opening soon. Can't wait!

On the other side of Suk, a new Isuzu dealership has just been started. At least that's what my barber says who works across the street.

Just before the Honda dealer as you head south, a new outdoor mall is being built. Not sure how it will turn out, but looks interesting.

http://mimosa-pattaya.com/index.html

And across from the Honda dealership they are clearing the ground for something that looks really big.

Of course Suk is getting busier, and busier, and busier.....sad.png

Wonder if they have any Hondas for sale and delivery NOW. Hondas seem to be in short supply.

When I was in there they had in the showroom a CRV, a Civic, A City, a Jazz, a two seater sports model (Import?) at 1.9m and a black van thing. There also seemed to be a lot of vehicles in the large multi story storage facility out back. I did not ask if they are available for immediate delivery.

I was speaking to the Pattaya Toyota dealer a month ago and since the Thai Gov brought in the 100,000 Baht discount for First Time buyers. The waiting time to receive a new Toyota Vios is 4 months.

I can only assume Hondas of a similar size (City) are probably the same ???

Edited by lonewolf99

Wonder if they have any Hondas for sale and delivery NOW. Hondas seem to be in short supply.

Not only Honda.........all cars except for the "running-out" models are short in supply, but I ordered my new Civic on 26-7 and was delivered 2 weeks later. Probably a cancelled order, but who cares.

The "new" Honda dealer opposite Ambassador City replaces the showroom which is situated opposite Mini Siam in North Pattaya. According to the sales-people, the service department will stay operative, but sales will move 100% to Na-Jomtien.

Not only Honda.........all cars except for the "running-out" models are short in supply, but I ordered my new Civic on 26-7 and was delivered 2 weeks later. Probably a cancelled order, but who cares.

The "new" Honda dealer opposite Ambassador City replaces the showroom which is situated opposite Mini Siam in North Pattaya. According to the sales-people, the service department will stay operative, but sales will move 100% to Na-Jomtien.

Interesting....when Rimmer and I were there he spotted a few familiar faces. Now we know why!

This new dealership is super nice. Headed over tomorrow for an oil change.

They have always "take away Honda's" available.

A few weeks ago (when inquired about a Civic), the delivery time would be 2 to 3 months.

One week later, when I ordered the Civic, the delivery time was reduced to a whopping 2 weeks.

"Take away" at that moment where" Freed, Accord and Brio.

Went there today for my 20,000km service. Really nice experience. You get a coupon for a coffee (nice selection) and a cake (very good selection), then delivered to you in the huge waiting room.

Rimmer: MUCH busier than the other day. The staging area for service had every parking spot full. Seemed to be lots of new car deliveries.

They said my car would be done at 10am (I checked in at 8:10). Washed and delivered at 9:55.

I asked if this was going to be the new showroom. They said they were planning to keep both open, but this was going to be the main one now.

Went there today for my 20,000km service. Really nice experience. You get a coupon for a coffee (nice selection) and a cake (very good selection), then delivered to you in the huge waiting room.

Rimmer: MUCH busier than the other day. The staging area for service had every parking spot full. Seemed to be lots of new car deliveries.

They said my car would be done at 10am (I checked in at 8:10). Washed and delivered at 9:55.

I asked if this was going to be the new showroom. They said they were planning to keep both open, but this was going to be the main one now.

Two hours for a 20.000 Km service??????

I hope they have rooms available when you have to do your 40.000 Km service and the oils from gearbox and drivetrain etc have to be changed.

I hope they have rooms available when you have to do your 40.000 Km service and the oils from gearbox and drivetrain etc have to be changed.

That's what they did. They checked the other oils and said since the car is 30 months old, but with low mileage, it's best to change everything now. Basically from the minute I drove in until the minute I drove out was about 1:45. Spent in their very nice lounge drinking espresso, eating cakes and surfing the web. Not too bad.

When I left, the place was packed...but it was a Saturday...

At the 100,000 km service you'll get a voucher for a room at Ambassador City! tongue.png

No! Please, not there!!!!! w00t.gif

At this rate, I'll have to wait another 15 years or so anyway!!

Thankfully the short waiting times are a benefit of living in Thailand, what a performance trying to book a new motor in for a routine service in the UK!!!! They fk around all day then you have to drive across town at rush hour to pick up the vehicle just because that is when they do the paperwork for the day, not to mention the hassle trying to get a courtesy car for the day - and this is from a company i had 11 vehicles from!!! And then........ The FREE service turns out not to be free..... materials are free and labour is 52 pounds an hour!!!!! of which they charge 4 hours because they think you are a company and can stand it !!!

Give me 2 hours in an air conditioned waiting room in Thailand any day!!

• Like 1

My bill was a bit less than 3k Baht. Tough to beat for all the work they did...and a free car wash also!

Back in the US, it was a MUCH more expensive job and would have taken at least 1/2 a day. I would have had to drop it off and pick it up later in the day....with no loaner car.

Plus, lots of nice staff there. whistling.gif

They have apparently improved. I remember having to wait for several hours when I was still patronizing their shop.

Now that my warranty has anyways expired, the car is serviced by a German garage.they pick up the care and bring it back and I have coffee at home.

sent from my Android phone

Yeah they should have done a really good job in 20 minutes right?

Sounds like a great place to go and ver fast and cheap I think. I mean 3000 baht is like $90.00 AND coffee, cake, car wash. WOW.

Yeah they should have done a really good job in 20 minutes right?

Sounds like a great place to go and ver fast and cheap I think. I mean 3000 baht is like $90.00 AND coffee, cake, car wash. WOW.

Well, I can not think about a reason why it should have taken anything over 1 hour.After all it is a service job, not any repairs or replacements.

I can also not imagine how a service job can be done good or bad.You change the oils and filters,check the air in the tires and the fluids in the radiator and battery.

You perform these actions or you don't, but you can't do them better or worse.

I have serviced cars in a previous life so I know about, and when I go on maintenance with mny car at the Nissan dealer here in Thailand it never takes more than 1 hour, which I think is plenty of time.

Edited by JanKlaasen

It cost me 1586 baht for a 30,000 service on a CRV and took around 1 1/2 hours. I do not think that is expensive at all. Plus you get an official service record logged in your owners book, coffee and cakes, free use of the internet, a car wash and don't have to sit on an up turned oil drum waiting for the car to be serviced in a non air con environment wondering if they put everything back correctly.

• Like 1

It cost me 1586 baht for a 30,000 service on a CRV and took around 1 1/2 hours. I do not think that is expensive at all. Plus you get an official service record logged in your owners book, coffee and cakes, free use of the internet, a car wash and don't have to sit on an up turned oil drum waiting for the car to be serviced in a non air con environment wondering if they put everything back correctly.

I don't think anyone would complain about the cost of a car service here in Thailand, as we all know that it will cost a multiple for the same in the western world.My only pet peeve is that a service in most Thai dealerships, and obvious also the new Honda dealer, takes twice or longer as a similar service takes in the western world.

I will not go into the reasons of this, but one of them is organisation. My current Nissan dealer is the first one to my knowledge who understands the point of making an appointment.All the previous dealers I've been to would tell me an appointment wasn't neccessary or would make one but then start working on the car 1 hour after my arrival at the garage.

Anyway, CraigT has contributed his part to the building cost of the new dealership by allowing them to do the 40.000 Km service at 20.000 Km, and probably they will do the same service again when he reaches 40.000 Km in reality.

Gearbox and drivetrain fluids are expensive full synthetic oils which don't matter if they are 30 months or 60 months old since they don't deteriorate like mineral oils or aren't prone to exhaust gasses, extreme heats or other liquids entering which can accelerate the proccess..

So there is no reason to advance the 40.000 km service because of the age of the car other than some extra revenue for the dealer.