New Honda Dealership In Najomtien

craigt3365

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It cost me 1586 baht for a 30,000 service on a CRV and took around 1 1/2 hours. I do not think that is expensive at all. Plus you get an official service record logged in your owners book, coffee and cakes, free use of the internet, a car wash and don't have to sit on an up turned oil drum waiting for the car to be serviced in a non air con environment wondering if they put everything back correctly.

I don't think anyone would complain about the cost of a car service here in Thailand, as we all know that it will cost a multiple for the same in the western world.My only pet peeve is that a service in most Thai dealerships, and obvious also the new Honda dealer, takes twice or longer as a similar service takes in the western world.

I will not go into the reasons of this, but one of them is organisation. My current Nissan dealer is the first one to my knowledge who understands the point of making an appointment.All the previous dealers I've been to would tell me an appointment wasn't neccessary or would make one but then start working on the car 1 hour after my arrival at the garage.

Anyway, CraigT has contributed his part to the building cost of the new dealership by allowing them to do the 40.000 Km service at 20.000 Km, and probably they will do the same service again when he reaches 40.000 Km in reality.

Gearbox and drivetrain fluids are expensive full synthetic oils which don't matter if they are 30 months or 60 months old since they don't deteriorate like mineral oils or aren't prone to exhaust gasses, extreme heats or other liquids entering which can accelerate the proccess..

So there is no reason to advance the 40.000 km service because of the age of the car other than some extra revenue for the dealer.

i used to work in a Saab, Citroen, VW dealership in UK

there's a great deal more to do when conducting a manufacturer driven service than simply change the oil and filter

around two hours was the normal time we were allowed

sounds like Craig and Rimmer had a good deal on time and cost

i understand Mercedes in UK now charges around £80 an hour + 20% vat.........

You can please some of the people some of the time or all of the people some of the time but you just can't please all of the people all of the time.

For the people that are negative towards this post and think they took to long then I honestly think that if you found a better, faster place then just stay with them and leave the positive posts on thaivisa to just that.......positive.

For me, this sounds like the best place I have heard of yet and a great helpful post.

• 10 months later...

just had great experience at this dealer garage, way better, service oriented and professional than the north Pattaya dealer. Can recommend the mechanic Mr. Noom - decent English and great attitude and service.

just had great experience at this dealer garage, way better, service oriented and professional than the north Pattaya dealer. Can recommend the mechanic Mr. Noom - decent English and great attitude and service.

Glad it worked out for you! I also prefer the service there compared to the one in N. Pattaya.

The new Nissan dealership is almost ready for business. Just across the road and north a bit.

Glad it worked out for you! I also prefer the service there compared to the one in N. Pattaya.

The new Nissan dealership is almost ready for business. Just across the road and north a bit.

I thought that was going to be a Mitsubishi dealership?

That's what I was told also. But I'm almost 100% sure the sign says Nissan. I just drove by yesterday, but as usual, was too busy dodging scooters, racing mini vans and speeding buses! laugh.png

I'll be by there again today and report back.

Off topic bickering about other car manufactures removed also quoted replies. The big sign at the top of this topic says:

Had a problem with the windscreen washers on the CRV the other day the pump was working but no water coming through, I drove into the Najomtien Honda depot just on the off chance of getting them look at it, they said a rat had eaten the pipe, they could fix it but would take about one hour, not only did they fix it in less than that but also washed the car, total bill 177 baht. smile.png

I have since put my cats on notice to watch out for plastic pipe eating rats biggrin.png

• Like 1

Had a problem with the windscreen washers on the CRV the other day the pump was working but no water coming through, I drove into the Najomtien Honda depot just on the off chance of getting them look at it, they said a rat had eaten the pipe, they could fix it but would take about one hour, not only did they fix it in less than that but also washed the car, total bill 177 baht. smile.png

I have since put my cats on notice to watch out for plastic pipe eating rats biggrin.png

Close relatives of the electrical cable eating rats - pain!!

• Like 1

Off topic bickering about other car manufactures removed also quoted replies. The big sign at the top of this topic says:

Is that the one opposite the new Nissan dealer? whistling.gif

They are both right near the Ambassador. One across the street and one almost next door.

They are both right near the Ambassador. One across the street and one almost next door.

Russian salespersons?

Russian salespersons?

As you know, the guests at the Ambassador are mostly here via junkets. $550 or so for flight and a 6-7 days hotel.

But it is worth a visit. If you get what I mean.whistling.gif

• Like 1

cheesy.gif

...sorry...couldn't help it laugh.png