How To Top Up Ais Pay As You Go / Pre-Pay?

HalfSquat

Apart from going into a shop is there any way to add credit to an AIS pre-pay sim card?

The site is in Thai so I can't see if its possible to do it from there.

Is there a number I can call to do it by debit card?

Thanks!

I used to do it from my K-Bank online banking. There is also a facility from some ATM's. There are also the Top up machines around the place, but never figured out how that one works.

I had a quick look at the AIS site and I think this is the link you need http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/topup.html

Though you will have to blindly follow some of the links as it is in Thai not English in the screens. Very frustrating really. The online from K-Bank was easy to follow and in proper English.

Cheers

If you have Internet banking with any Thai Bank you can top off both AIS and DTAC (don't know about True) via your Thai account

SCB just made it incredibly easy, as they now save all your information so all you have to do is log in and then pick Mobile Top Up

Edited by Langsuan Man

Apart from going into a shop is there any way to add credit to an AIS pre-pay sim card?

Though you will have to blindly follow some of the links as it is in Thai not English in the screens. Very frustrating really.

Not sure if you notice it - but on the top right hand side of every AIS/12call web page there are 2 symbols: "TH" & "EN" in different coloured circles. Whenever you arrive to a page and see the menus in Thai - simply click on "EN"

The AIS online service is quite clear and very useful....just make sure you select "EN" whenever you open the site....

As for topping up by credit/debit card, use the following procedure (might seem a little difficult the first time, but after you've done it once, its very easy.

1. On the top right corner of every page is a box clearly marked "eService", a box for your mobile number, and a button marked GO - use this link as an example: http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/index2.html

2. Enter your 10 digit mobile number (08 xxxxxxxx) in the box, then click GO

3. You will be taken to the eService web login page: https://12calleservice.ais.co.th/EPPWeb/index.html

4. At the same time - you will receive a 4 digit pin code by sms. Enter it into the Password box, then click OK. (if you didn't receive the sms, there is a box to request your password again by entering your mobile number - its all in English, and it is self explanatory)

5. You arrive at the welcome page - click on "My eService" button, then on the next page click on "TOP UP" on the left hand side menu. (4th choice down). "Credit Card/Debit Card" will appear - click on this

6. Enter your the mobile number you want to add credit to, select the amount, and then choose your card type. From there its pretty straight forward....

Hope this helps....

(note you can simply start from the link on step 3 too)

Thanks for the replies, very helpful.

I'm sure I clicked on the EN on some pages and nothing happened but will look again.

I tried with a Bangkok Bank ATM and when I entered my AIS phone number I got an error saying it couldn't connect or something similar.

Thanks

SeaVisionBurma I will try those steps now.

edit: it says 'password request is unaviable at the moment. Please sign out and try again later.' so will try again another day.

Also, when I top up (over the counter) it says my credit has an expiry date. Does that mean I will lose the credit if I don't use it within a month or so?

Edited by HalfSquat

Though you will have to blindly follow some of the links as it is in Thai not English in the screens. Very frustrating really.

Not sure if you notice it - but on the top right hand side of every AIS/12call web page there are 2 symbols: "TH" & "EN" in different coloured circles. Whenever you arrive to a page and see the menus in Thai - simply click on "EN"

The AIS online service is quite clear and very useful....just make sure you select "EN" whenever you open the site....

Yes there are those buttons there. Another way is when you see /th/ in the URL change it to /en/ and it brings up the English version if it exists about 90% of the time as sometimes those change buttons are well hidden.

To see what I was talking about on the Thai links go to ATM top up and select Kasikorn. It pops up a nice little window in Thai to emulate the ATM screen, without the benefit of the change to English button.

Cheers

• Like 1

"Also, when I top up (over the counter) it says my credit has an expiry date. Does that mean I will lose the credit if I don't use it within a month or so?"

Unfortunately you will lose any credit if it expires, had it happen several times. Now I have a post paid account and they transferred the number to the new account. So before I was paying about 300 Baht a month just to keep it active on prepaid, now is 200 Baht plus VAT, call costs are also cheaper on post paid, but SMS etc are extras. So if you are here on a visa then it may be a better way to go.

Cheers

Also, when I top up (over the counter) it says my credit has an expiry date. Does that mean I will lose the credit if I don't use it within a month or so?

You can check the balance/expiry from the phone, *121# SEND/CALL

You can extend balance expiration for a small fee.

You can top-up at 7/11's, FamilyMarts right at the cash register.

http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/topup.html

I have an account with Bangkok Bank, and I've topped up via both their online banking site and their phone system. The online method is extremely easy; just set up AIS as a payee for your account, and from then on it takes mere seconds to top up. Via phone, call 1333 and follow the menu prompts (select Payment/Top Up/1-2 Call). Either way, the credit gets applied instantly.

I'm a prepaid customer with a 1-2 Call Freedom SIM, and my credit is always good for 1 year from the top up date, I suppose because I usually top up large amounts.

When I topped up I got a text saying the credit was valid until a date about two months away.

What a con, why not let it run forever? I hardly ever use my phone but would like credit on there for when I do want to use it.

When I topped up I got a text saying the credit was valid until a date about two months away.

What a con, why not let it run forever? I hardly ever use my phone but would like credit on there for when I do want to use it.

It will cost you a whole 20 Baht to extend your SIM validity for one year

• 1 year later...

I have an account with Bangkok Bank, and I've topped up via both their online banking site and their phone system. The online method is extremely easy; just set up AIS as a payee for your account, and from then on it takes mere seconds to top up. Via phone, call 1333 and follow the menu prompts (select Payment/Top Up/1-2 Call). Either way, the credit gets applied instantly.

I'm a prepaid customer with a 1-2 Call Freedom SIM, and my credit is always good for 1 year from the top up date, I suppose because I usually top up large amounts.

If you have a Bangkok Bank account just get Internet banking and add AIS as one of your payees, I top up both. Phones and Internet sim from home.

I, too, am now seeking to top up my AIS SIM cards via my Bangkok Bank account online.

Unfortunately, I have encountered a little problem in seeking to create the necessary 3rd party account for this purpose. Contrary to the impression given in the above posts, it is not just a simple matter of typing the letter A followed by the letter I and then the letter S. Instead you need to enter an account number and the relevant bank. How do I obtain the required information, please?

I, too, am now seeking to top up my AIS SIM cards via my Bangkok Bank account online.

Unfortunately, I have encountered a little problem in seeking to create the necessary 3rd party account for this purpose. Contrary to the impression given in the above posts, it is not just a simple matter of typing the letter A followed by the letter I and then the letter S. Instead you need to enter an account number and the relevant bank. How do I obtain the required information, please?

It doesn't sound like you are choosing the right option. AIS is preconfigured as a payee in the bank's system. On the Bangkok Bank online banking site, click the Payments tab, then the Add New Payee link. You can search by payee code (AIS12C), or select the Mobile Refill category from the drop-down menu, and then select the appropriate payee. The only other information you should need to enter is your mobile phone number.

If you have a Bangkok Bank account just get Internet banking and add AIS as one of your payees, I top up both. Phones and Internet sim from home.

Don't use that screen. Use the one that says New Bill Payment, you are trying to use the screen for Pre Paid Card Top Up. Once you set it up, then it is just a matter of picking AIS as your payee for future Mobile Phone top ups

post-10942-0-70858100-1389331943_thumb.p

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Note that the above online payment method with Bangkok Bank needs to be initially set up either while IN THAILAND or overseas with ROAMING enabled as BB uses a OTP (one-time password) via SMS to confirm account setup. Once that is done, regular online top-ups can be done,

There's several third-party entities online that use PayPal or credit cards to top up prepaid accounts. My buddy uses one due to his infrequent trips to LOS and need to keep the same mobile number from expiring. I will see if I can find that link.

OK, found it. He was using this service this time last year and said it worked OK.

Edited by NanLaew

• 2 weeks later...

is there a way to top up phones by buying a card and scraping off the number, and entering it yourself? thats what we have here for the various prepaids for people that dont ahve credit/debit/bank accounts. or can u do that only thru stores/kiosks?... here for isntance you can buy up to ten cards, and if u havent scratched off the number blacked out line and entered it in your phone, then it isnt used up.

is there a way to top up phones by buying a card

Yes, although scratch cards are not as popular as they once were; now you simply give your number - at gazillions of locations, like 7/11 - and cash, and receive a printed slip with the top-up PIN. Then enter a dial command followed by the PIN. There may be a "use-by" date, 3 months - 12 months, as there was with scratch cards, so check that in case you wanted to use these well into the future.

You will not have a problem finding a method to top-up your SIM with cash.

http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/topup.html

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/services/happyrefill.html

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/topup