Kasikorn Sms Online Password

I presume that you use it to log into your account when you use online banking. I seem to recall that you have a choice of a password, or a one time SMS password when setting up online banking services. I am sure others will explain better.

Bear in mind if going abroad, and wanting to use online banking, that SMS one time passwords will be sent to your Thai phone number registered with the account. If it works from abroad, (you might need to check if it does), you need to have plenty of credit on your phone, in order to receive the texts. Otherwise, change to a normal password access.

Edited by phetphet

Sounds like the password is for logging into their online banking system. Once you log-in and if you have set-up the account for transfers only to be allowed with an One Time Password (OTP) you are ready to pass money out to other accounts.

OTP - Say you need to transfer some baht to someone. You input their information and the amount you wish to transfer. Before the transfer is complete the system will send an SMS with the OTP to the registered Thai phone number you set-up when opening the account. You must input that number into the little box on the screen. Once input, the transfer goes through and you will receive an SMS showing your balance and the amount transferred (I think).

If you are overseas, the SMS will arrive and it depends on your roaming provider if you will be charged for receiving the SMS.

If you are paying bills online then you do not need the OTP. You can just input your information and transfer the cash.

If you did not set-up the OTP when setting up the account... I am not sure what happens as my account uses the OTP. But I believe that is less secure as you are using a static password.

If you need to do a practice transfer, my account is thirsty. whistling.gif

AFAIK from my own experience, you do have a password to log in to their K-Bank-system. This will never change unless you do want so.

The OTP-option will come to you by sms; therefore you NEED to submit a Thai telephone number. Beware: changing this number must be done in person at the original branch!

For most transactions you will receive an OTP.

The Second Password is another option. It's a password that you can use besides your log-in password. Beware: the Second Password option can not be used for all transactions (ex. adding a billing-account).

If you are abroad, take care that you keep your Thai telephone-number "alive" and working. A big plus: You can top-up your pre-paid telephone-card with the help of Kasikorn K-Banking rolleyes.gif

Once you get used to the K-Banking facilities it's a piece of cake and a joy to use.