Difficult To Get Fda Certificate To Export Herbal Plants?

Not an expert so I thought I might get some knowledgeable help here.

I was asked by a friend to acquire a certain dried plant leaf for herbal health use, oral consumption.

I was able to secure a supplier for this dried leaf but now being asked to obtain an FDA certificate so that the importer/friend would be able to get an approval in his country for domestic use.

I am not so sure how easy the process or lengthy the process would be. Any insight of what I'm looking to deal with?

Are there different levels of certificates as I'm not sure what types the importer would be suffice with. Meaning are there types of certificates that require extensive inspection, research and cost? or are there certificates that are as simple as filling out some paperwork?

Also slightly off topic but someone might be able to chime in. The friend also asked that the dried herbal leaf would need to be and sorry for lack of better term, fumigated or sterilized from micro organisms. Then vacuum sealed bottle for freshness and longer shelf life. Are there companies that do this and for little cost? Any information is much appreciated.

I am not sure which country you are from, but if your from the U.S.A. the American Embassy can provide you with a list of what you can

import and what you cannot, including where to get the proper certificates.

They maybe able to answer all of your questions.

If your from another country, your embassy maybe able to give you the same information.

Moringa or in thai marung

Never heard of it but looked it up and seems like it is sold in powder and pill form online and would guess it would also be available in stores. Sorry can't help you on importing / exporting questions but was curious if the herb might have questionable legal issues but apparently it doesn't.

I didn't read this but sounded like it might be of interest to you ...

The Nightmare Involved with Importing Moringa Powder and Other Food Supplements

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-nightmare-involved-importing-moringa-powder-7823482.html