What Is The Current Application Fee For Retirement Visa

"$80 for a single-entry , $200 for a multiple-entry - No single-entry for Non-Immigrant O-A Visas"...quote from the Consulate site.

You are looking at the price for a 'multi-entry Non-Imm.' O-A issued by the LA Thai Consulate...not the extension of stay 'retirement' issued by Immigration in Thailand, which costs 1.900 Baht.

Sorry to hijack this thread. But can someone tell me the latest requirements for renewing my retirement visa here. I think I have it covered but I know through experience that the goal posts move occasionally.

This is what I have so far:

Proof of pension from the British Consulate.

Letter from my Thai bank

Copies of the last 3 months of bank statements. (Bank letter and current bank balance tally)

Letter from doctor

Passport photo copies.

2 x passport size photos.

Is there anything I am missing ?

You are using combined income and bank deposit to meet the 800k requirement?

What kind of letter from doctor? If medical that is not required at most locations.

You also need photo copy of departure card.

Photos should be 4x6cm in size and taken within the last six months.

They might require some proof of residence address.

They will require 1,900 baht fee.

You can fill out the TM.7 form in office or download and print on one A4 paper to have ready.

• Like 1

Hi lopburi 3

Yes I am using the pension & bank deposit method.

The letter from doctor is stating I'm in good health.

The proof of address I had but didn't need last year. That's why I asked the question, as I know from my 90 day visits the requirements do change occasionally.

What I have is what was required by Si Racha immigration last year.

Do you know the website to download the form ? As this will save me some time once there on the day.

Thanks for the reply

Thanks for the answers ... Regarding the doctors letter it was required last year at Si Raha immigration. I will let the forum know if it was needed this year.

Mario 2008 Thanks for the download link for the form. One other bit of advice please ... Can't remember what I put last year ... The bit about reasons for extension ? I think I put to support my Thai wife .. Or something like that.

As mentioned, a retirement extension is B1900. To compare it to a multiple-entry Non-Immigrant O-A you need to add on a multiple-entry re-entry permit for B3800, making the total B5700, which compares more favorably to (though still a little cheaper than) the $200 Non-Immigrant O-A.

I can never understand why we can't quote the first post lock.gif

I just read on the Royal Thai Consulate Los Angeles website that a $200 application fee was required for a Retirement Visa.

Is this true that the fees have increased from 1,900 THB to $200 US ?

Difference between obtaining a new O-A visa and extending permission to stay answered in other posts

But don't forget that if you use the LA Consulate (or the Chicago Consulate) you will have to factor in the cost of having all your documents notarized since they are the two consulates that enforce the notary requirement