Ladies Tied To The Bar By Contract?

pattayadingo

This topic is impossible to discuss without discussing the specifics of prostitution. Because there is no written contract. The amount is not determined by length or service or any other legal action. Anyone who knows anything about it would have learned by being involved in prostitution. Sorry guys but anyone who really knows can't say.

In terms of the actual law (The Thai Labor Law) I have my doubts (but i'm not a lawyer) that a contract of employment can be issued which states that the employee cannot leave for a specific period of time.

Surely this would be seen as tantamount to enslaving people - which goes against all modern thinking and is strictly prohibited by various international treaties / human rights treaties, etc. And Thailand is a signatory to some, maybe all, of these international items.

What can be legal in some countries is a contract which says that an employee must reimburse the employer for costs of training, but usually with a time limit, and usually the employee must sign a declaration that they understand this matter before the specific training starts.

I just looked at the on-line version of the Thai labor law (i'm not a lawyer) but I can't find any sections which are close to this subject.

The payment to release a woman from the bar could well be construed as training costs, or as was said in another post it could be put forward as a loan, maybe towards clothing or some other expense that the bar has incurred.

That in itself does not imply any enslavement, more a business related contract and one I could see the owners / employers getting away with.

On the other hand I cannot see any bar owners chasing around the country to get a few thousand Baht.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is impossible to discuss without discussing the specifics of prostitution. Because there is no written contract. The amount is not determined by length or service or any other legal action. Anyone who knows anything about it would have learned by being involved in prostitution. Sorry guys but anyone who really knows can't say.

The woman in question does not have to be a prostitute. Not all people who work in this industry are prostitutes. So we do not have to talk about the topic in that respect.

A contact that includes illegal labor rules in unenforceable

You are absolutely right. But what does that have to do with clause referring to breaking the a legal contract?

How can a contract to employ prostitutes be legal?. I thought discussion of such was not allowed on here, who cares if these lowlifes have a contract or not.

I think they are contracted as waitstaff or cashiers or interns. Interns I think is a popular word nowadays. You must be the judge guy eh? Or maybe higher. How do you get to a position where you can call people lowlifes?

• Like 1

You are absolutely right. But what does that have to do with clause referring to breaking the a legal contract?

How can a contract to employ prostitutes be legal?. I thought discussion of such was not allowed on here, who cares if these lowlifes have a contract or not.

Not all who work in the industry are prostitutes though many are. So there is no reason to ban this topic.

You and some others seem to be determined to classify this as a topic on prostitution when it is not.

I have known quite a few people who work in a bar who never bar fine and have never sold themselves to a man for money. Some work in the bar because they need the money to pay for other things in life or do not want to work in factories or similar.

Not all who work in the industry are prostitutes though many are. So there is no reason to ban this topic.

You and some others seem to be determined to classify this as a topic on prostitution when it is not.

I have known quite a few people who work in a bar who never bar fine and have never sold themselves to a man for money. Some work in the bar because they need the money to pay for other things in life or do not want to work in factories or similar.

Just because a number of girls seem to have turned you down doesn't mean they turn down everyone. Edited by MrRealDeal

Just because a number of girls seem to have turned you down doesn't mean they turn down everyone.

I was thinking just that.

I have only found one type of girl working in the bars.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

So let me get this correct ..... We are talking about Bar Girls who have to pay 5-7000 bhat to leave the bar ......... But were not talking about prostitution ? LOL

This one tops the cake for the best convoluted bunch of nonsense to explain how Bar Girls are not prostitutes !

I think they are contracted as waitstaff or cashiers or interns. Interns I think is a popular word nowadays. You must be the judge guy eh? Or maybe higher. How do you get to a position where you can call people lowlifes?

He didnt ask about cashiers or waitstaff ....... He specificy asked about BARGIRLS ....... Not girls working in bars or whatever nonsense addition you would like to add to the OP's topic.

Do you really think he was asking about the cashier ? Do you really think any bar cares if the cashier quits ? If you do you need to upgrade your reading comprehension and common sense. I realise he didnt use the word specificly but the question was obvious enough for everyone to understand.

Edited by MrRealDeal

I believe that this idea of paying the bar a lump sum is to discourage girls that may hook up with a customer for a month from avoiding paying the barfine. Some "boyfriends" who come over once a year are often not keen to pay the daily barfine.

If the girl pays this compensation, the theory is that the girl will be able to come back and work at the bar again. The bar owner will keep her job open.

• Like 1

I believe that this idea of paying the bar a lump sum is to discourage girls that may hook up with a customer for a month from avoiding paying the barfine. Some "boyfriends" who come over once a year are often not keen to pay the daily barfine.

If the girl pays this compensation, the theory is that the girl will be able to come back and work at the bar again. The bar owner will keep her job open.

Would those be the non prostutite girls "hooking up" with "boyfriends" or the cashier types ? LOL

He didnt ask about cashiers or waitstaff ....... He specificy asked about BARGIRLS ....... Not girls working in bars or whatever nonsense addition you would like to add to the OP's topic.

Do you really think he was asking about the cashier ? Do you really think any bar cares if the cashier quits ? If you do you need to upgrade your reading comprehension and common sense. I realise he didnt use the word specificly but the question was obvious enough for everyone to understand.

Gee Mr. Real Deal I beg to differ the OP wrote, "he said the ladies who work in a bar."

You are derailing the discussion with off-topic nonsense. The topic is not what you think bar employees are, the topic is the employment agreement that entertainment businesses may have with their staff, and any severance constraints in particular.

Do you really think he was asking about the cashier ? Do you really think any bar cares if the cashier quits ?

Not sure why I bother, but they care *MORE* about a cashier quitting as those are the most trusted employees, and harder to replace. You just demonstrated how much exposure you've had to the general topic. (Limited exposure is fine, commendable even perhaps, but then don't go pontificating on a topic you have little to contribute to.)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 2

Gee Mr. Real Deal I beg to differ the OP wrote, "he said the ladies who work in a bar."

Like I said you would need to upgrade your common sense and reading skills if you can't understand that Ladies working in bars facing 5-7000 bht fines would be Bar Girls not cashiers or waitstaff ........ You know better and so does everyone else , your comment just makes you look argumentative or daft.

You are derailing the discussion with off-topic nonsense. The topic is not what you think they are, the topic is the employment agreement that entertainment businesses might have with their staff, and any severance constraints in particular.

Do you really think he was asking about the cashier ? Do you really think any bar cares if the cashier quits ?

LOL. They care *MORE* about a cashier quitting as those are the most trusted employees, and harder to replace. You just demonstrated ow much exposure you've had to the general topic. Limited exposure is fine, commendable even perhaps, but then don't go pontificating on a topic you have little to contribute to.

Don't accuse me of derailing a topic about ladies working in bars because I mention bar girls because thats what ladies working in bars are.

Good God this keeps getting better and better.

The old 'work bar but not go with man" BS these girls tell their sap farang sponsors as he heads off back to the real world.

Ar least the sucker can console himself and sleep easy at night knowing his girl "is different".

Those who live here no different.

Talking to a friend last night and I cannot remember how the topic came about but he said the ladies who work in a bar are tied to that bar by a contract that they have to pay to be able to leave the bar. Apparently one bar charges them 7000 Baht to leave and another 5000 Baht.

Is this correct and if so, is it enforced?

Presuming they are bound by a contract I cannot see why they cannot simply walk away from the bar if they so wish and go home. Or are these contracts to stop them going off to work in a nearby bar, or even walking off with a new (b/f).?

Total BS ......

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

You really think any bar cares if the cashier quits ?

Slightly off topic but good non scamming cashiers are hard to come by.

Bar girls are a dime a dozen but good cashiers?

You really think any bar cares if the cashier quits ?

Slightly off topic but good non scamming cashiers are hard to come by.

Bar girls are a dime a dozen but good cashiers?

I agree, I date nothing but cashiers and Mr. Real Deal said and I quote, "Do you really think any bar cares if the cashier quits ?" I admit one has to wait a bit longer for them to get off of work but you rarely have to pay a bar fine and they can both add and subtract, well most can. I am sure we all care about cashiers or at least we would if we knew about cashiers!

Ok well lets modify all this to ....... Entertainers working in Nightclubs or other non prostitute Gilrs ..... The "other" gils would not have a contract like that because they don't get paid enough to pay it and it would be illegal.

However it would be acceptable if you have a headline entertainer that you wanted to spend money on to promote to have sign a contract for a penalty of some sort if she left you high and dry on the expence for promoting her , it happens all the time in Vegas for example.

I guess we were talking about all those headline entertainers in Bars ......... sorry for the mistake cheesy.gif

As far as finding Thai people who can add and subtract who are honest being so hard to find ...... another Farnag myth , not to mention that most cashiering is done by more than 1 person or the owner his wife reletive ect to make sure it's all done correctly and honestly, do they care if they quit yes , is it hard to replace them no , was the topic even seriously about cashiers in the first place ...... I guess so .... my bad w00t.gif

You date nothing but cashiers ? Why are educated women with good jobs off the table ? And why not cashiers at the mall ? You say you have to wait to not pay the barfine so I assume they must be cashiers at places that have prostitution , why not a bank teller ?

I'm sure you are the bell of the ball of cashier dating but I got news for ya , non prostitute girls who work in places that have prostitution don't have a very high opinion of the male customers........ upgrade to mall cashiers and don't mention your extensive dating carerer at places of prostitution.

Edited by MrRealDeal
  • Like 1

Ok well lets modify all this to ....... Entertainers working in Nightclubs or other non prostitute Gilrs ..... The "other" gils would not have a contract like that because they don't get paid enough to pay it and it would be illegal.

However it would be acceptable if you have a headline entertainer that you wanted to spend money on to promote to have sign a contract for a penalty of some sort if she left you high and dry on the expence for promoting her , it happens all the time in Vegas for example.

I guess we were talking about all those headline entertainers in Bars ......... sorry for the mistake cheesy.gif

Don't forget the Momma San. She gets lonely too. She may be old enough to be your momma, in fact she probably is but don't forget about her.

I just had to come back and post again. After reading the post a few more times I realized,it wasnot specific enough for everyone to interpret it the same. I took it to mean when the woman leaves her employment as in to quit. Others took it to mean when a woman leaves the bar to go out with a customer and leave her work duties for the night.

I have already stated my opinion about quitting using the school as the example.

Now to look at it as a worker leaving the work area that is different. How many jobs do any of you know of where a person can report for work at 5 pm and at 6 pm saying I am going home now my friend and I are going out drinking and partying see you tommorrow. If you know of any can I get a job there too.

I read it as quitting the job because to pay the place of employment 5000 to 7000 baht to take a girl to party for a few hours is just plain ridiculous. I donot think anyone could ever get drunk enough to pay that.

Good God this keeps getting better and better.

The old 'work bar but not go with man" BS these girls tell their sap farang sponsors as he heads off back to the real world.

Ar least the sucker can console himself and sleep easy at night knowing his girl "is different".

Those who live here no different.

See it how you want to and with your own experience but I know a few who have never bar fined. Known one woman who works in a bar for over two years but she is not fineable because she does not want to.

See, some people like you see every bar as full of hookers, sigh.

I just had to come back and post again. After reading the post a few more times I realized,it wasnot specific enough for everyone to interpret it the same. I took it to mean when the woman leaves her employment as in to quit. Others took it to mean when a woman leaves the bar to go out with a customer and leave her work duties for the night.

I have already stated my opinion about quitting using the school as the example.

Now to look at it as a worker leaving the work area that is different. How many jobs do any of you know of where a person can report for work at 5 pm and at 6 pm saying I am going home now my friend and I are going out drinking and partying see you tommorrow. If you know of any can I get a job there too.

I read it as quitting the job because to pay the place of employment 5000 to 7000 baht to take a girl to party for a few hours is just plain ridiculous. I donot think anyone could ever get drunk enough to pay that.

I knew a couple of girls who got that kind of money. I assumed they worked for the highway department because they kept discussing which side of the yellow line to stand onbiggrin.png

She would have to be a princess for that sort of money for a night out.

But, yes it was about them quitting from their place of employment.

I do appreciate they can simply go home and not come back after getting their wage for the month, yet to quit and stay in the same area could be difficult.

• Like 1

See it how you want to and with your own experience but I know a few who have never bar fined. Known one woman who works in a bar for over two years but she is not fineable because she does not want to.

I have found that every woman I ever met in a bar was 'bar fine-able'

That included the cashier, the bar manager, and the bar owners wife.

A little finesse would be required to remove the bar owners wife from under his steady gaze, but it was always do-able.

Some bar workers I met liked to pretend 'honour' a little more than others, but in the end, same game.

PS. Not talking about my personal experiences, as I have never used the services of a sex-worker.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

It can't be enforced in the normal course of events , however like the example I used if the employee has some special or unusual talent AND the employees compensation is in line or reasonable with the penalty it can be done legally.

Is it done sure is it done often for a waitress or cashier of course not, but for an in demand employee that the owner really wants to keep or coerise into staying yes.

The enforcement would not be done by a court but by thugs which should be obvious enough.

A little finesse would be required to remove the bar owners wife from under his steady gaze, but it was always do-able.

Some bar workers I met liked to pretend 'honour' a little more than others, but in the end, same game.

PS. Not talking about my personal experiences, as I have never used the services of a sex-worker.

I'm not sure every single one , but the number that would not is so small that thinking that the post was about them or even talking about that tiny group of people in the overall conversation is a ridicilous strech of the imagination.
  • Like 1

It's a scam perpetrated by the bar girl and the bar to get money from the naive tourist. They'll split it and she'll go back after he is gone and then find a guy to pay it again. If they just don't want to work there they will just leave town, they'll only engage in this if they want to scam their new boyfriend and remain on good terms with their bar so that they can go back to working there after he flies home.

• Like 1

I'd be interested in your thoughts as to why you have found every woman in a bar to be bar-fine-able?

A case of needing money? It is a compliment for the bar owners wife to be offered a bar fine? Other reasons?

I'd be interested in your thoughts as to why you have found every woman in a bar to be bar-fine-able?

A case of needing money? It is a compliment for the bar owners wife to be offered a bar fine? Other reasons?

My guess would be because people who are unwilling to be bar fined work at other places 99.9 percent of the time. But i'm sure a huge contingent of people will want to tell me how nice upstanding girls who don't like the idea of that just happen to work at those places by accident and how wrong I am. .......... another reason is because Tommy is not quite as delutional as others.
  • Like 2