New System At C M Immigration

thaibeachlovers

Although it wasn't busy at all at immigration today , it was virtually a nightmare in unefficiency compared with orderly crowding as you can call it .

I went today to receive my new yearly extension , waiting approval from Bangkok , in all the years I was out in a few minutes , them only checking the approval book from Bangkok and for the officer to stamp and sign , it really is that easy .....well it took almost 2 hours ......mostly because what did crowd the place today were the Burmese , and also the seemingly popular Thai agencies who occasionally jump queue , Burmese blocking queue , really a backward experience today , after all the improvements lately , the 90 days report section was very quiet surprisingly.

Guess I've got to take a reader next time , Ulyssus anything in the store lately attractive enough for your reccomendation ....

btw , also noticed the retirement section fairly abandoned as well .

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I've got to take a reader next time , Ulyssus anything in the store lately attractive enough for your reccomendation ....

I'm reading a good Janis Joplin biography by Alice Echols (Scars of Sweet Paradise). It is quite good. How about The Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson which I really enjoyed?

By the way, it pretty much always takes me an hour or two of waiting at immigration when I get back my approval from Bangkok, so don't feel bad.

• Like 1

I went this week for a 90 day report. Seeing that there was no machine to get a ticket, I just went to the front of the line. All in the line were Thai and no one said a thing. I then got in line for the 90 day reporting and waited about 15 minutes. The Thais break lines all the time, so screw thim.

First in line gets out first.

Whilst doing what you figure Thai's do.

Don't forget to not wear your helmet when on your motorbike and be sure to drive up the wrong side of the road towards the oncoming traffic, could also add the option of being on your mobile.

That will teach thim!

Definitely! That will show thim!! Or, more constructively, you might offer instant instruction to thim on proper queue etiquette as practiced in England. Well, as used to be practiced in England!

By the way what is all of these three pages of treacle (That's "mental molasses" for Yanks) about? coffee1.gif

Edited by Mapguy

Although it wasn't busy at all at immigration today , it was virtually a nightmare in unefficiency compared with orderly crowding as you can call it .

I went today to receive my new yearly extension , waiting approval from Bangkok , in all the years I was out in a few minutes , them only checking the approval book from Bangkok and for the officer to stamp and sign , it really is that easy .....well it took almost 2 hours ......mostly because what did crowd the place today were the Burmese , and also the seemingly popular Thai agencies who occasionally jump queue , Burmese blocking queue , really a backward experience today , after all the improvements lately , the 90 days report section was very quiet surprisingly.

btw , also noticed the retirement section fairly abandoned as well .

That`s because they all died of old age before they`re numbers were called.

• Like 1

I'm reading a good Janis Joplin biography by Alice Echols (Scars of Sweet Paradise). It is quite good. How about The Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson which I really enjoyed?

By the way, it pretty much always takes me an hour or two of waiting at immigration when I get back my approval from Bangkok, so don't feel bad.

Thanks , will drop by soon , need some new stock .

I'm not feeling bad , I'm just spoiled cause I always can manage for them to speed things up , but guess I'm doomed just like the rest of you bastards...seemingly ...didn't know checking in the large book could take that long .....

To give a response to a question , Thais jump queue for foreigners , really speeding approvals for customers , immigration let them jump , some well known jumpers getting immediate assistance ......slowing service down for us ...it is true ...easy to spot ....

Edited by tijnebijn

The machine is repaired, And why would Thai people be pushing you they do not need to go to immigration?

Maybe they are paid to go for someone else?

That's just silly how many could there possibly be doing 90 day check-ins. It is more likely someone can not tell the difference between Chinese, Korean, Japanese or any other Asian person in general but is comfortable with blaming Thai People for all the trouble in the world LMAO how very typical.

The machine is repaired, And why would Thai people be pushing you they do not need to go to immigration?

That's just silly how many could there possibly be doing 90 day check-ins. It is more likely someone can not tell the difference between Chinese, Korean, Japanese or any other Asian person in general but is comfortable with blaming Thai People for all the trouble in the world LMAO how very typical.

There are two subtle clues that make one think they are Thai people representing foreigners:

1. They are carrying a stack of several passports.

2. They are speaking Thai to the Immigration officials.

• Like 2

If the machine is repaired and the number system is back where is the line up?

I am sure that their is the occasional person going to the counter out of turn but I doubt it is a big problem if they just use the sign up sheet in the morning.

I am not familiar with all the different services is there some where no numbers are issued they just stand in line. I know for 90 day and yearly renewal there is a list of numbers. And quite often not needed for the 90 day. Can't comment on the other services.

Edited by hellodolly

There are two subtle clues that make one think they are Thai people representing foreigners:

I have been going to immigration for eight years now and never ran into a horde of pushy Thai people (not at immigration anyway) and at most I have seen one lawyer there representing a university or other employer at a time but never pushing as they know the officials at immigration, take their papers in and drop them on a desk but not 90 day reports.

Granted immigration is currently over populated, congested and a bit unpleasant to hang around but we are guests in this country and should mind our manners even if we feel our hosts are being unfair because we always have the option to go home. I'm not sure what makes people feel so superior or entitled, we are guests here and should be dignified about it and then just maybe we will be treated with more respect and if not we still have that option to leave. There is also the option to mail in your 90 day report, unless you just need to complain about how bad it is to live in Thailand on TV.

I have been going to immigration for eight years now and never ran into a horde of pushy Thai people

I have.

• Like 1

I have been going to immigration for eight years now and never ran into a horde of pushy Thai people

I have.

They are all out to get you and make your life a nightmare sad.png no worries there is medication for it.

In general, I find Thais to be more polite than many Westerners.

I do, too, but generally find that most Westerners don't want to kill you if you are rude to them. whistling.gif

Mr Linux, what's with all this bending over? Many of us are not 'guests' as much as lifer Thais are not guests in our countries. Have you considered playing over at that other forum?

Edited by jackr
  • Like 2

I do, too, but generally find that most Westerners don't want to kill you if you are rude to them. whistling.gif

Mr Linux, what's with all this bending over? Many of us are not 'guests' as much as lifer Thais are not guests in our countries. Have you considered playing over at that other forum?

I have always treated Thai people with respect and they have always treated me with respect. I consider myself to be here for the rest of my life as well but I honestly do not get why anyone who does nothing but complain and moan about these beautiful people would possibly stay and if you say because of an investment you made you should have done your homework first. I just don't get it. I'm not bending over for anything but I have never experienced 99% of the crap people post here in the 8 years I have lived here. I'm not sure what forum you are suggesting I play at? And I hate to break the plastic bubble you live in but as long as you get a visa every year and do a 90 day report it doesn't matter what you think you are you are a guest in The Kingdom of Thailand and they can kick you out for whatever reason they see fit including dressing inappropriately.

• Like 2

In to renew my retirement extension visa this week. 10 minutes to complete the extension and 35 minutes waiting for the receipt. Had the same officer as last year, a gem, sits by the window on the right. She did it last year and it was just as quick. She's always polite. Just so happens that my 90 days fell within two days, so after I got the visa had to get a photocopy (2 mins) and then get another 90 days (5 mins). This time I was bar coded, so I can officially come on here and say I've got a bar code too nah nah. Asked the girl what is it for......"information".......OK that suits me, no point in wasting energy... carry on as normal until someone screams otherwise.

It's never a hassle getting a retirement extension and now it's even simpler, with the on-line queue process. And when you get a nice polite officer it's even better. Must be my karma. smile.png

Oh and by the way, if anyone has made an appointment before the 100 day thing was introduced, don't fret as your appointment stands. I made mine shortly after my last extension.

I still say it wouldn't be rocket science to get the place a little more organised. wink.png

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

In to renew my retirement extension visa this week. 10 minutes to complete the extension and 35 minutes waiting for the receipt. Had the same officer as last year, a gem, sits by the window on the right. She did it last year and it was just as quick. She's always polite. Just so happens that my 90 days fell within two days, so after I got the visa had to get a photocopy (2 mins) and then get another 90 days (5 mins). This time I was bar coded, so I can officially come on here and say I've got a bar code too nah nah. Asked the girl what is it for......"information".......OK that suits me, no point in wasting energy... carry on as normal until someone screams otherwise.

It's never a hassle getting a retirement extension and now it's even simpler, with the on-line queue process. And when you get a nice polite officer it's even better. Must be my karma. smile.png

Oh and by the way, if anyone has made an appointment before the 100 day thing was introduced, don't fret as your appointment stands. I made mine shortly after my last extension.

I still say it wouldn't be rocket science to get the place a little more organised. wink.png

Much too positive a post, this will not go down well!

• Like 2

I know, I've put my reputation on the line. wink.png

In fairness to me, I did say it could be organised better.

Edited by uptheos

I have always treated Thai people with respect and they have always treated me with respect. I consider myself to be here for the rest of my life as well but I honestly do not get why anyone who does nothing but complain and moan about these beautiful people would possibly stay and if you say because of an investment you made you should have done your homework first. I just don't get it. I'm not bending over for anything but I have never experienced 99% of the crap people post here in the 8 years I have lived here. I'm not sure what forum you are suggesting I play at? And I hate to break the plastic bubble you live in but as long as you get a visa every year and do a 90 day report it doesn't matter what you think you are you are a guest in The Kingdom of Thailand and they can kick you out for whatever reason they see fit including dressing inappropriately.

Don't kid yourself. We are not guests; we are cash cows. It's all about money.

Don't beat yourself up for only having lived here for 8 years. It takes time to understand this place and you'll get there. Be patieint.

You do not have to give money to anyone you do not want to give money to, it's a choice. If you buy someone a house, a car or even a mobile phone that is your choice but I would suggest anything that can not be deeded or titled in your name is lost money and basic common sense would dictate that in any country. So many people complain how bad it is here so seriously why stay? If I felt taken advantage of or someone was making me so bitter I would move on. If Thailand and Thai People are so horrible why stay and subject yourself to it? I have been here 8 years and I doubt anymore years as you suggest will make me bitter. I pay my yearly visa (1,900 Baht) and I am in and out in 5 hours or less (just did it last Friday in 4.5 hours), I did my work permit in less than 20 minutes the same day (3,500 Baht) and my employer will reimburse the fee next month as they have done every year. So, I fail to see how I am a cash cow to anyone.

Edited by linuxuser010101
  • Like 1

Yes, and you used up over an hour of your valuable time. And you have to fit this hour in to your schedule each and every year?

Amazing resilience,there should be more like you. tongue.png

Yes, and you used up over an hour of your valuable time. And you have to fit this hour in to your schedule each and every year?

Amazing resilience,there should be more like you. tongue.png

I can't disagree with that. thumbsup.gifbiggrin.png

Hey what about the bit,

"Asked the girl what is it for......"information".......OK that suits me, no point in wasting energy"..................... as in, no point in trying to get blood out of a stone?

That has to redeem me somewhat?

Edited by uptheos

Don't kid yourself. We are not guests; we are cash cows. It's all about money.

Don't beat yourself up for only having lived here for 8 years. It takes time to understand this place and you'll get there. Be patieint.

You do not have to give money to anyone you do not want to give money to, it's a choice. If you buy someone a house, a car or even a mobile phone that is your choice but I would suggest anything that can not be deeded or titled in your name is lost money and basic common sense would dictate that in any country. So many people complain how bad it is here so seriously why stay? If I felt taken advantage of or someone was making me so bitter I would move on. If Thailand and Thai People are so horrible why stay and subject yourself to it? I have been here 8 years and I doubt anymore years as you suggest will make me bitter. I pay my yearly visa (1,900 Baht) and I am in and out in 5 hours or less (just did it last Friday in 4.5 hours), I did my work permit in less than 20 minutes the same day (3,500 Baht) and my employer will reimburse the fee next month as they have done every year. So, I fail to see how I am a cash cow to anyone.

Who said anyone is bitter and that Thai people are horrible? You are right, you do not have to give money away..who said you did?

It is all about money and you can play or not play. Up to you. I choose to play.

could you enlighten me on the "100 day thing"?... what does that mean?

You can't book on-line more than 100 days in advance.

But if you already booked a spot before the ruling came into effect, it will not be cancelled.

Edited by uptheos

But if you already booked a spot before the ruling came into effect, it will not be cancelled.

when did the ruling go into effect?

and does the system still allow you to book more than 100 days out?

I cannot remember exactly when i booked, but it might have been close to or even over 100 days before the appt date... i did get issued a queue number... so i can always just go with that... or maybe they will tell me it is invalid?

TIT

when did the ruling go into effect?

and does the system still allow you to book more than 100 days out?

I cannot remember exactly when i booked, but it might have been close to or even over 100 days before the appt date... i did get issued a queue number... so i can always just go with that... or maybe they will tell me it is invalid?

TIT

If you've got a queue number, date and time already printed out.......then don't worry.